dbl layer SBPro & GT Nano 7
    Tarp
    Funky Forest Tarp
    Insulation
    no sew SPE/ Sb Uq
    Suspension
    tree sling/huggers
    Images
    I may be headin down to the Gorge next weekend for an overnighter. I think Im going to hit the Rockbridge trail area. If anyone wants to join come on down.
    Chris

Hammock
    WBBB dbl 1.1
    Tarp
    Superfly/Mamajamba
    Insulation
    Yeti
    Suspension
    Strap or Whoopies
    Wish I could go, but I'm planning on heading to PA that weekend.

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    Custom OES
    Insulation
    DIM UQ NoSniv TQ
    Suspension
    JRB Triglide/strap
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by atison View Post
    I miss the gorge. The wife and I used to make a couple trips there a year, till we got pregnant. Now with a 1 year old in the house, haven't gotten down there in 2 years. We usually parked at the Koomer ridge side which isn't the most scenic at first, but the pinch em tight trail is pretty. Lot of good places to hang too.

I am heading to Cumberland Gap on the 13th or I might have been up for it. My chances are limited these days with the little one at home.

On a side note, looks like quite a few in the Cincy area. Wondering if we could get everyone together on a nice day at a park and check out everyones setups.

Sharon Woods is pretty central!! Lots of trees. So is Winton woods. Winton has a "group campground" for rent (I think it's on Sharon Rd) w lots of trees & a shelter. Personally I'd prefer a day outing / picnic, but it is a thought. I think there is a privy there too.
    When you have a backpack on, no matter where you are, you’re home.
    PAIN is INEVITABLE. MISERY is OPTIONAL.

Banned
    Hammock
    WBB 1.7 Double,DIY traveler
    Tarp
    hennessy hex,DIY
    Insulation
    Pad
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    I would be open to doing a hang in a closer area. We could make Winton Woods work I think. What is everyones thoughts on this. With work lately I don't see me being able to make it to Red River anytime soon.

Bigbogg

Hammock
    Dutch Half-Wit NylonD 1.0
    Tarp
    WB Edge
    Insulation
    HG TQ and UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies & Kevlar
    Images
    I've been to the Red plenty o' times, but only ever as a climber. As per the usual climber ways, I always stayed at Miguel's, and my first overnight hang away from home was out back of Miguel's. For anyone who hasn't had a chance to go to the Red, give it your best shot. A beautiful place with plenty to do. I recommend giving rock climbing a shot! (But only with an experienced climber, obviously! The climbing community gets too much flak from hikers that end up falling and getting injured or killed around cliffs because if they fell off a cliff, they are automatically a rock climber according to the papers. From one outdoor community to another, please be safe!!! )

Hammock
    dbl layer SBPro & GT Nano 7
    Tarp
    Funky Forest Tarp
    Insulation
    no sew SPE/ Sb Uq
    Suspension
    tree sling/huggers
    Images
    So anybody up for a little overnighter in the Red next Saturday?
    Chris

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner or a gathered-end
    Tarp
    Waterproof
    Insulation
    Down underquilt
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    I'll be somewhere in the woods this weekend--RRG is high on the list, of course. I'll be with my son on his birthday trip, as long as he is over his illness from today, and as long as I don't get it...

I'm considering meeting up with you for the first night, Chris, then moving on from there. I'll have to ask my son, though. My kids enjoy the time with just Dad, and I enjoy that time, too, so truthfully this may not work out. He's currently wanting to go to Gray's Arch.
    --Scott <><

"I fish because I love to; because I love the environs where trout are found, which are invariably beautiful... because, in a world where most men seem to spend their lives doing things they hate, my fishing is at once an endless source of delight and an act of small rebellion; because trout do not lie or cheat and cannot be bought or bribed or impressed by power, but respond only to quietude and humility and endless patience...." --Robert Traver

Hammock
    dbl layer SBPro &amp; GT Nano 7
    Tarp
    Funky Forest Tarp
    Insulation
    no sew SPE/ Sb Uq
    Suspension
    tree sling/huggers
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bonsaihiker View Post
    I'll be somewhere in the woods this weekend--RRG is high on the list, of course. I'll be with my son on his birthday trip, as long as he is over his illness from today, and as long as I don't get it...

I'm considering meeting up with you for the first night, Chris, then moving on from there. I'll have to ask my son, though. My kids enjoy the time with just Dad, and I enjoy that time, too, so truthfully this may not work out. He's currently wanting to go to Gray's Arch.
    I had thought about Grays Arch area, but I have some fond childhood memories at Rockbridge, so that's why I plan on that one. Still trying to figure out conditions at Cave Run too.
    Chris

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner or a gathered-end
    Tarp
    Waterproof
    Insulation
    Down underquilt
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    50% chance of rain this weekend in the Gorge. My poor son seems to get stuck under the tarp more than he should on his birthday trip. He decided that if it's raining he would rather postpone his trip, which means that if it's raining I'm free. Are you still planning a trip, Chris? If so, when?
    --Scott <><

"I fish because I love to; because I love the environs where trout are found, which are invariably beautiful... because, in a world where most men seem to spend their lives doing things they hate, my fishing is at once an endless source of delight and an act of small rebellion; because trout do not lie or cheat and cannot be bought or bribed or impressed by power, but respond only to quietude and humility and endless patience...." --Robert Traver

Hammock
    Dutch Chameleon
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 10f
    Suspension
    straps
    Images
    Anyone planning on hitting the Gorge the week after Memorial Day? I have a 3-4 day trip planned during that week.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast