Tarp
    Vertex by Clark
    Insulation
    DOWN & lots of it
    Suspension
    arrowhead's setup
    Images

Board so I made stuff for the NX-250

I was free today and wanted to make hanging out a little better for myself So I pulled out the NX 250 and said hmmmm. With that done I added a shock cord ridgeline and if you have a ridge line you need a ridgeline bag so I made a 12 x 7 with 5 pockets out of some camo that was removed from my big cat cut tarp to make the curves. A peak bag would help so I banged out a bag with a loop to attach to the Clark hand loop in the head end I don't like the little Velcro pockets much. Now to keep it cleaner and easier to store, Snakeskins from cat cut waste material. They are waterproof and only 3.5 ozs. Also swapped out the suspension for rings and webbing. So now it is faster to setup, adjust, enjoy, pack down and stuff away. And darkness has come now so to all, have a happy and safe Easter and may the bunny take care of all your needs.
    Whether trail or paddle don't you know
    My hammock is the way to go
    There peace and solitude I find
    To ease all troubles from my mind
    Both body and soul revel in delight
    As day surrenders to inky night

Hammock
    Hammock gear
    Tarp
    Dyneema Hammock ge
    Insulation
    Down top and botto
    Suspension
    Hammock gear
    Images
    Sounds like the Easter Bunny has been busy. Making good stuff out of scraps is rewarding. You will enjoy those things.
    Predictions are risky, especially when it comes to the future.

Hammock
    HH, CJH NX-250, WBBB 1.7 dbl
    Tarp
    Std, Hex, or WBSF
    Insulation
    Burrows&Incubators
    Suspension
    Poly web w/AHE buc

Cool!

Hammocks are meant to be modified. Over and over. It keeps our hands busy so we don't get involved in unwholesome activities!

Jim

Hammock
    WBBB,Travler
    Tarp
    SWT
    Ahhh, board or bored ?

Sorry, couldn't resist following a recent experience. A couple of months ago my teenager son was gone but his cell phone was on the table and it beeped with a text msg from one of his pals saying " I'm board". My reply was to ask " What kind? Oak, pine, maple or some other wood?" A confused reply came back and we drifted into an exchange about the different useful stuff we could make out of him, dependent upon the kind of wood and size of board he was. He finally gave up and stopped replying but I don't think he ever figured out he wasn't having a text exchange with my son.

On a more serious note. A question about the shock cord ridge line. I've never seen a Clark hammock other than pictures. Do they not have a SRL, structural ridge line built in?

I can't image a shock cord RL would work as a SRL, structural ridge line, used to control hammock sag . In which case I guess the RL you added is just for hanging accessories on: storage bag, lamp, etc. Correct?

Anyway, great job. I always admire folks who have both the ambition and the skill to customize their stuff. I've seen some great mods done to motorcycles and kayaks that just seemed to make them both more useful or functional and a reflection of the owner. Most of the time when I try these projects I am reminded again that there is a difference between knowing how to do something and having the skill to actually do it well. So my scraps end up being less useful scraps than they were before I started the project.

Hammock
    Hennessey Safari
    Tarp
    Vertex by Clark
    Insulation
    DOWN & lots of it
    Suspension
    arrowhead's setup
    Images
    The RL is not a SRL it is for accessories only. Some have added a SRL with amstel though. As far as board and bored I can only claim a lack of paying attention to my task at hand.
    Whether trail or paddle don't you know
    My hammock is the way to go
    There peace and solitude I find
    To ease all troubles from my mind
    Both body and soul revel in delight
    As day surrenders to inky night

• + New Posts