Got my JRB Bridge Hammock the other day and I'm just waiting for the weather to settle down so I can give it a try in the field (its just not the same in the garage).

I've been using the ring buckle attachment on my homemade Speer-type and I really love the ease of setup it provides.

The JRB comes with 1" webbing already installed. So rather than cut it off, I'm thinking I may simply reverse the direction. That is:

1. Create a webbing tree hugger with a loop sewn into one end and a CC buckle or pair of SMC rings sewn into the other end. I may or may not use a carbiner (haven't decided yet, and with the loop I can always add one later). I've used the SMC rings before; but I may try the CC buckle this time.

2. Thread the existing webbing from the JRB through the CC buckle or rings on the tree hugger.

My questions are:
1. Any reason this won't work?
2. Is it okay to sew the rings/CC buckle into the webbing? (I've always tied them on with rope before)
3. Anyone know what webbing JRB uses? Its thinner and seems lighter than the Strapsworks webbing I'm currently using.

In case you're wondering why I don't just cut the webbing off the JRB; I frankly haven't decided if I'm going to keep it yet. I LOVE the flat lay; but the shoulder squeeze is a bit much (as others have noted) and its very heavy compared to other solutions. I'll see what I think after using it for a couple of trips.

p.s. to moderator; I wasn't sure whether to put this here or in Homemade Gear Discussion. Feel free to move it if needed.