Tarp
    ZQ Special w/mods
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    Cinch and straps
    Images

MAHHA at Pine Grove Furnace SP items to bring and needed

The main thread is quite long and I know it is hard to remember what's all in it. So this new thread is for items to bring and items needed.

1. Hammock stands for displaying hammocks, UQs,TQs, etc. If you have a stand you can bring, bring it. The area around the pavilion is grass and only a couple hanging areas exist. We can use the pavilion supports as one leg but a staked out pole will be needed for the other leg. As far as I know, we only have 4 stands coming.

2. Don't forget your cushy camp chair for around the fire. The group camping area where we will be sleeping has several fire rings.

3. If you're going to be using a picnic table at the pavilion for your demo, be sure to bring a table covering...especially for those cutting or burning things.

4. Name tags. I suggest you make your own name tag indicating your Trail name or HF name. Include "MAHHA" on it too. If you have a Hammockforums hat or Teeshirt you can wear, that would be good too. I expect with the good weather forecasted that we will have a good turnout. Folks looking for their questions answered may seek you out.

5. Firewood from the local PA area for the group camping area would be good. We can collect downed wood but I suspect there won't be any real close.

6. Washable utensils, plates, mess kit, etc. We want to try and keep the trash to a minimum.

7. I think a few pop up canopies are coming too. If you have one and can bring it.... please do so just in case we need it.

I'm sure there are things I'm forgetting, but being MAHHA, I'm sure we will help each other out and make this a memorable spring hang. Thanks again for everyone's contribution and support. See you there -2Q
    2QZQ Hammock Specialties
    Specializing in:
    Hennessy Hammock zipper modifications
    Sewn on Tarp doors, Pole Pockets, and Grizz Beaks
    Ridgeline and gear organizers, peak storage bags, UQ protectors,
    2QZQ tree table!

what time is everyone going to arrive on Saturday? I can't wait!

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1DL
    Tarp
    CTF3 Cuben
    Insulation
    Phoenix 3S, GoLite
    Suspension
    Stock
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by 2Questions View Post
    5. Firewood from the local PA area for the group camping area would be good. We can collect downed wood but I suspect there won't be any real close.
    Wondering if the camp store will be open and, if so, have wood for sale? Or maybe we can bring old tents and sleeping pads to burn, a la Disco Night at Comiskey Park?
    “Simplicity in all things is the secret of the wilderness and one of its most valuable lessons. I think the matter of simplicity goes further than just food, equipment, and unnecessary gadgets; it goes into the matter of thoughts and objectives as well. When in the wilds, we must not carry our problems with us or the joy is lost.” -Sigurd Olson

Images
    im not trying to jinx the weather, but an umbrella is a good item to bring to an event like this.
    "Tenting is equivalent to a bum crawling into a cardboard box, hammocking is an art" KK

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by daddywoodsman View Post
    what time is everyone going to arrive on Saturday? I can't wait!
    a lot are showing up around 12 noon FRIDAY.
    "Tenting is equivalent to a bum crawling into a cardboard box, hammocking is an art" KK

Hammock
    wbbb 1.7 dbl
    Tarp
    superfly
    Insulation
    sleeping bag, uq
    Suspension
    whoopies, toggles
    Images
    I'm working on getting there Thursday - anyone else? Looks like I can get a campsite for the night without reserving ahead. If anyone knows any different, please let me know.

Hammock
    Hennessey Explorer Ultralight
    Tarp
    Hennessey Hex
    Insulation
    HH Super Shelter
    Suspension
    ring buckle
    Images
    I'll do what I can about my hammock stand. It's a beast so I'm going to need help moving it around from the truck.
    I may be slow... But I sure am gimpy.

"Bless you child, when you set out to thread a needle don't hold the thread still and fetch the needle up to it; hold the needle still and poke the thread at it; that's the way a woman most always does, but a man always does t'other way."
    Mrs. Loftus to Huck Finn

We Don't Sew... We Make Gear! video series

Important thread injector guidelines especially for Newbies

Bobbin Tension - A Personal Viewpoint

• + New Posts