Warbonnet BB1.1
    Tarp
    Suprfly/MacCat Dlx
    Insulation
    3-Season TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing

CRL Question

I was reading some past posts and started thinking... If I was running dedicated CRLs for each tarp, would I need an S-biner to connect my prussics to my tarp? What if I just eliminated that extra bit of hardware?

Also, is shock cord considered a good choice for use as the aforementioned prussics? They were considered a while back and I was wondering what the current thoughts might be on them.

Dave

Hammock
    WBBB, D.I.Y. KSSH
    Tarp
    ZPacks
    Insulation
    H.G. & Warbonnet
    Suspension
    Whoopies & Dutch
    Quote Originally Posted by David904 View Post
    I was reading some past posts and started thinking... If I was running dedicated CRLs for each tarp, would I need an S-biner to connect my prussics to my tarp? What if I just eliminated that extra bit of hardware?

Also, is shock cord considered a good choice for use as the aforementioned prussics? They were considered a while back and I was wondering what the current thoughts might be on them.

Dave
    Dave, Yes, you could get rid of those S-biners. I hook mine straight to the prussic knots. I use a shoft shackle prussic though, that way I can open them up to take the tarp off if I need to.

If your talking about using shock cord for a prussic knot, I'm not sure how that would work out. I would think that after it is put under allot of tension it would be a bare to move or loosen.

Hammock
    Wilderness Logics Night/Lite Owls
    Tarp
    WL-TP/OMW/BF
    Insulation
    WL-TQ/UQ x3
    Suspension
    Dutch-n-Whopies
    Images

• + New Posts