Hammock
    WBBB XLC 1.1 dbl/ Traveler 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    Toxaway & Bullfrog
    Insulation
    Incubator & Burrow
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    The problem with a thread like this is I wondered if any of our S/E folk were involved (figured some had to be) and then BB58 posts up about sirens and herding reprobate cats. I worry when he does not post after. Same for the rest of y'all...stay safe please and post up when you can.

Hmmmm, I wonder if the tornado demons would be appeased if they got a cat offering or three (Dawgs and cats ya see)?

Heard that 32 were killed in Tuscaloosa, has anyone heard from Dale (Southmark)? Seem to remember he lives just north of Tuscaloosa.
    Last edited by Mrprez; 04-27-2011 at 20:31.

Hammock
    ENO DoubleNest
    Tarp
    ENO FastFly
    Insulation
    New River-KAQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Glad you're ok..Had sirens all night too and now we got flooding with road closings everywhere . I'm at work on the ambulance/FD tonight so hoping for a quiet night. MS river levee is closed for 100 miles.

Hammock
    ENO Doublenest
    Tarp
    Big Mamajamba
    Insulation
    What's insulation?
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Berry College did get hit pretty hard. Lots of trees down (hope my hammock trees survived)! Dorothy Cottage and Julia Cottage were both destroyed. No one was injured but still sad to see those old buildings gone.

Hammock
    ENO DoubleNest
    Tarp
    ENO FastFly
    Insulation
    New River-KAQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    What is it they say? It's not that the wind is blowing, it's what the wind is blowing.

Images
    This is multiple days of terror and disaster. Y'all keep praying for those in the path. It is extremely rare that I have seen these tornadoes move in and just hang around for a couple of days. After creeping across MS for a good 2 days, it is now creeping across AL/GA and heading for NC/TN/KY/VA/WV looks like.
    http://weather.yahoo.com/img/southeast_sat_440x297.html

I'm used to the danger blowing in and then in an hour or a few, it's gone. But this crap just hung around for a couple of days before it finally moved out.

This is very sad. Lots of death and destruction already. God help these folks where this is headed and where it has already done so much devastation! Every one be careful and ready to get to shelter, whatever shelter you have. If you are like me, not much against a tornado.

Two (at least) folks nearby were killed by trees. One fell on a house killing one inside. Another was a tenter in a camp ground, a dad who tried to shield his daughter when he heard the trees breaking. This was at Jeff Busby Campground on the Natchez Trace Park, about 60 miles south of me in Tupelo. But there must be 30 to 50 dead already, between AR,MS,AL and maybe the other states it is hitting.
    Last edited by BillyBob58; 04-27-2011 at 22:19.

Glad you are OK. I have been through quite a few hurricanes but never a tornado. That is some scary stuff. At least with a hurricane you have some notice it is coming. Stay safe.

Hammock
    CJK-ultralight
    Tarp
    Wilderness Logics
    Insulation
    3/4 crowsnest
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob58 View Post
    Hey, we finally made the big time, for the 1st time since Elvis' birth! Weather channel's Jim Cantore is here in Tupelo!
    BillyBob, glad your home safe and doing well. I've been told when you see those weather channel guys/ladies come in that isnt a good thing, but I like Jim Cantore hes a good reporter. Praying for you brother..HS

Hammock
    DH Sparrow, Darian
    Tarp
    Hammock Gear
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    We've been dodging tornadoes the past few days and lot's of flooding. There have been several in my area. I have heard that places here in the Ozarks have had over 17 inches of rain in the past couple of days. More severe flooding is expected. There have been numerous of people killed, drowned and injured. The property damage is enormous. Typical spring weather around here.

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    none yet
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    12 hours plus of tornado watch today here in lil' ol' Dayton Tn. Hixson TN, just outside of chatanooga was ravaged and will be without power for an estimated three days. No trips to OZ for the Grok family today. Thank God.

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast