Danger Bird
    Tarp
    Varies with season
    Insulation
    UGQ Everything
    Suspension
    Webbing Suspension
    Good work as always Shug.

Just wondering, why don't you put your pad in the double layered part of the WBBB, or is it the single, which then would make sense. Thanks for the tip on having the shock cord over my feet, I was struggling with that last winter. Now I will know better.

The whole reason I got a double is so I could "set it, and forget it." Still not thoroughly convinced on the UQ for 3 season, they just weigh too much for me to warrent using it. Plus this little broke student can't afford one yet. But I will admit the hammock is much more comfy when its "free" as opposed to having a pad in it.
    I miss my 4.8Lb base weight as a ground dweller...But I sure DON'T MISS the ground.

Hammock
    WB / BIAS
    Tarp
    HG Custom 4S
    Insulation
    WB Lynx, HG, MB
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Straps
    Man Shug, that one just cracked me up! I really have to go rent that now...

Thanks again for the great UQ tutorial, bout getting ready to pull the trigger (still can't decide between the Phoenix or the Yeti, both look awesome), and was wondering how you set one up properly.

Cheers!

Hammock
    ENO Double Nest
    Tarp
    Chinook 14X12
    Insulation
    KAQ w/ deep winter
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Thanks for keeping the videos coming Shug. It always helps me refine what I'm doing by watching what others do and have tried. You vids are much appreciated.

"You don't scare me, I aint scared of nothin!" Love it!

Tbull

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.0 DL
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    Thanks again Shug,

I have watched and re-watched your “how to’s” many many times to ensure I’m getting the most out of the hammock products I have.

One thing I have noticed, that is when I hang my UQ I have found that if I have it too tight it squashes the down and therefore reduces heat, much the same if it is too loose. I have found that when I hang it snug but not tight I get the best results.

I also have found that whilst I originally wanted the slide ability via channel suspension, I have started to suspend the UQ on the same diagonal as I lay in the blackbird using the 4 line adjustment. This gives me the left shoulder and right side calf coverage.

The triangle thingies do a great job on the foot end in spreading the UQ across and getting the suspension line on top of the foot box. They don’t seem to offer the same benefit on the head end with the “wings” of the blackbird preventing this.

Just a night ago I slept out in the yard and ran a pad in the foot box and I was really surprised at the increase in warmth. Whilst it was not cold, I didn’t have the tarp in use and the breeze was the cooling factor. I cut down a full length pad in half so it can sit under my but and down under my feet. I trimmed the foot end on an angle so it fits nice into the foot box. I recommend this to all as cost and pack bulk seem reduced by using this combo.

Blast Off – Love it. Again a game of confidence!!!

Is it sad that I know the words to sling blade enough to say them alone with you? Truly interactive youtubeing.

Cheers.

Hammock
    DIY The Crippler
    Tarp
    Cuben Refugee
    Insulation
    The Ex-gf
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Thank you so much for taking the time to make this video. The biggest thing I had trouble getting info on at first was Under Quilts and this is going to be a huge help to anyone who is getting into hammock camping. Hope you make it out into the woods soon. Thanks again sir.

Fronkey

Hammock
    Blackbird - Dbl. 1.1
    Tarp
    OES Spinn Deluxe
    Insulation
    REI Lite-Core 1.0
    Suspension
    AHE Whoopies
    Images
    I really need to watch that movie...
    Those who expect disappointment are never disappointed.

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Nojack View Post
    Doyle steals the show !!! Great comprehensive on the UQ questions many of us have, had, or will have.
    It was a Doyle based scene and I needed to be and feel him.Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by SwampFoot View Post
    Thankee for the video Shug..mmm hmm....it made me a might nervous when I saw it....you ought not talk like yat you just a boy!!mmmmm
    LOL!!!! Thanks Shug , I just made the transfer from pad to UQ and was a wonderin fool myself....it aint got no shock cord on it....mmm hmmm
    Haaaa..... I am glad you liked it.

Quote Originally Posted by sir_n0thing View Post
    Informative while being entertaining. A Shug hallkmark.
    That makes my heart happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Danvandanne View Post
    Wonderful video Shug! You helped answer some of my UQ questions. I hope to finish my UQ's soon to try them out. Thanks again!
    -Dan
    Good....i was hoping so. Seems a lot of new folk of late getting into the hammock life and UQs can cause some head-scratching.

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie View Post
    Great Video - Excellent Hammock knowledge, and excellent theater!!
    I appreciate that lizzie.

Quote Originally Posted by Cecilg View Post
    Great video!!! I just got my first UQ and you answered the questions I had. I'll try it out again this week.
    Thanks for all the info you help us with. It is very much appreciated.
    Cecilg
    I was hoping it would help....cool.

Quote Originally Posted by kobold View Post
    a new star in the shug videos constellation. *very* useful. thx!
    That is a lovely sentiment.

Quote Originally Posted by Peg-Leg View Post
    And the oscar goes to.......
    Thanks for the great UQ video. Also for the bonus Slingblade feature. My cousin dated Lucas Black a few years ago. We'd have Sunday lunch at my grandmothers often. His accent wasn't from acting. The part fit him perfectly. You've given me the bug, I'm gonna watch the movie again soon.
    Thanks!!!
    Wow....good story. I have watched his career and just watched him with Duvall in "Get Low". He is a very real actor.
    I hope to do a Frankie scene sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by JayS View Post
    Another great video, Shug! I think of you in the same vein as Bill Bryson - a lot of fun and entertainment and... dang, I learned something. In fact, I learned a lot without realizing it. If school was taught this way, we'd be a lot better off.
    Did anyone tell you that your "Hammocking for Newbies" series ran in a continuous loop Saturday at the Spring MAHHA exhibition? You were on a big screen and your banter echoed across the park all day. I'll post a picture if no one else does.
    That would be torturous to hear me all day!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bigfoot2 View Post
    When do we see Karl KILL Doyle?
    I believe it started over an under quilt....
    BF
    Believe me....I want to do that scene!

Quote Originally Posted by mugs View Post
    Good work as always Shug.
    Just wondering, why don't you put your pad in the double layered part of the WBBB, or is it the single, which then would make sense. Thanks for the tip on having the shock cord over my feet, I was struggling with that last winter. Now I will know better.
    The whole reason I got a double is so I could "set it, and forget it." Still not thoroughly convinced on the UQ for 3 season, they just weigh too much for me to warrent using it. Plus this little broke student can't afford one yet. But I will admit the hammock is much more comfy when its "free" as opposed to having a pad in it.
    Mine is a single....I just can't see carrying two layers....it is a personal gram-weenie issue!

Quote Originally Posted by Callahan View Post
    Man Shug, that one just cracked me up! I really have to go rent that now...
    Thanks again for the great UQ tutorial, bout getting ready to pull the trigger (still can't decide between the Phoenix or the Yeti, both look awesome), and was wondering how you set one up properly.
    Cheers!
    I love that movie. some don't see it.
    Whatever you get ....you will enter a new world.

Quote Originally Posted by Tbull55 View Post
    Thanks for keeping the videos coming Shug. It always helps me refine what I'm doing by watching what others do and have tried. You vids are much appreciated.
    "You don't scare me, I aint scared of nothin!" Love it!
    Tbull
    I do these to hope to help and inspire...as well as a dose of some self-indulgence!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lepmeister View Post
    Thanks again Shug,
    I have watched and re-watched your “how to’s” many many times to ensure I’m getting the most out of the hammock products I have.
    One thing I have noticed, that is when I hang my UQ I have found that if I have it too tight it squashes the down and therefore reduces heat, much the same if it is too loose. I have found that when I hang it snug but not tight I get the best results.
    I also have found that whilst I originally wanted the slide ability via channel suspension, I have started to suspend the UQ on the same diagonal as I lay in the blackbird using the 4 line adjustment. This gives me the left shoulder and right side calf coverage.
    The triangle thingies do a great job on the foot end in spreading the UQ across and getting the suspension line on top of the foot box. They don’t seem to offer the same benefit on the head end with the “wings” of the blackbird preventing this.
    Just a night ago I slept out in the yard and ran a pad in the foot box and I was really surprised at the increase in warmth. Whilst it was not cold, I didn’t have the tarp in use and the breeze was the cooling factor. I cut down a full length pad in half so it can sit under my but and down under my feet. I trimmed the foot end on an angle so it fits nice into the foot box. I recommend this to all as cost and pack bulk seem reduced by using this combo.

Blast Off – Love it. Again a game of confidence!!!

Is it sad that I know the words to sling blade enough to say them alone with you? Truly interactive youtubeing.

Cheers.
    Well....keep fiddling with it.
    Glad you liked the Blast-Off. My camera lives on the edge!!!! SB is such a quotable film.

Quote Originally Posted by Fronkey View Post
    Thank you so much for taking the time to make this video. The biggest thing I had trouble getting info on at first was Under Quilts and this is going to be a huge help to anyone who is getting into hammock camping. Hope you make it out into the woods soon. Thanks again sir.

Fronkey
    I was hoping it would be timely. Planning on a series with StormCrow to help answer all the questions folks have when it comes to UQ, TQ set-up. That will be a fun project.
    I am getting out for 9 nights coming mid May! Whoooooooo Buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by gRaFFiX View Post
    I really need to watch that movie...
    If you do I hope you like it. It is a very still movie. No special effects....just acting.
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    dbl layer SBPro & GT Nano 7
    Tarp
    Funky Forest Tarp
    Insulation
    no sew SPE/ Sb Uq
    Suspension
    tree sling/huggers
    Images
    As always Shug AWESOME video. Always learns something from watching your vids.
    Chris

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rigidpsycho View Post
    As always Shug AWESOME video. Always learns something from watching your vids.
    Thanks....good to see you on here.
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    Hammock Bliss No See Um
    Tarp
    Walmart Special
    Insulation
    Sleeping bag
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings!
    Images
    Are there any threads or videos on how to make an Under Quilt? Especially a down filled one. I would like to learn how to make one in the hopes of saving a buck or 3 down the line.

Thanks in advance.

Awesome Video Shug. I look forward to your vids. They teach, entertain and sometimes amaze.
    Help a Boy Scout Troop in your area - become a mentor.

God created Firemen so cops would have heros.

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast