Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

so...

Ron are you looking to sell yours? How much? I thank you all for your replies and help.

Quote Originally Posted by beep View Post
    The Dana Design "ribs" attach to the lower portion of your shoulder straps, in essence becoming a part of your pack. They can NOT be worn separately without some creative strap additions. FWIW, they are also not intended to be a major front-loaded balancing item (like the Aarn balance pockets). They are, however, a convenient place for snacks, map, camera, sunscreen, bug dope, liner gloves and other bits that benefit from ready access while hiking.

I do not use these with my ULA Circuit pack or GG Gorilla pack (my "normal" packs). The hipbelt pockets and the lower pack side pockets accomplish the same result with less fiddling that the DD Wet/Dry Ribs.
    Hey Beep- you say you dont use them with your circuit. Can you be a little more specific or show a picture, I know its asking a lot. I have a few backpacks and 1 happens to be the catalyst.

How floppy are these?

Hammock
    WB BB 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    MacCat Dlx SpinnUL
    Insulation
    Phoenix/Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Chubbs4U View Post
    Hey Beep- you say you dont use them with your circuit. Can you be a little more specific or show a picture, I know its asking a lot. I have a few backpacks and 1 happens to be the catalyst.
    I use the DD rib with my daypack (Granite Gear Vapor Day) or my BIG winter pack (Dana Design Astralplane). Neither of these packs has hipbelt pockets or very practical sidepockets. In those circumstances, I need handy access for things I want...snack, camera, liner gloves, etc. The DD rib works to provide that ready-to-use storage. I don't have a picture handy since I rarely photograph myself...and don't use the packs above that often.

The ULA circuit I have includes two decent size pockets on the hipbelt. That gives me decent on-the-move access so I don't have the DD rib pocket on that pack. Ditto for the GG Gorilla pack. I hope that's clearer.
    "The more I carry the happier I am in camp; the less I carry the happier I am getting there" - Sgt. Rock

Hammock
    WB BB 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    MacCat Dlx SpinnUL
    Insulation
    Phoenix/Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by hfmac View Post
    How floppy are these?
    Sorta floppy! LOL...the DD rib has two buckles on one side (near the pocket "body") that thread through the bottom thin part of the shoulder strap between the bottom of the pack and the buckle at the bottom of the padded portion. On the opposite shoulder strap (thin part), there is a single "T" buckle that connects to the thin part of the shoulder strap with another strap ending in a fastex quick release buckle. This connects to its "partner" on the DD rib pack. That single strap is adjustable and lets me cinch up the DD rib pock close to my body. If I bend over forward, it's still a bit floppy, but not out of control.

Here's a picture of the "back" of the DD rib pocket showing the two buckles...and the single strap (rolled up).
    "The more I carry the happier I am in camp; the less I carry the happier I am getting there" - Sgt. Rock

Thanks beep, I can definitely see the diference now between what I saw on the link, what it is, and what the Aarn is. I'm still breaking into backpacking so any and all information is excellent.

Hammock
    WBBB DL 1.0
    Tarp
    Edge
    Insulation
    CCF
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    The question is not how far. The question is, do you possess the constitution, the depth of faith, to go as far as is needed. -Il Duce

Do not bite at the bait of pleasure, till you know there is no hook beneath it. - Thomas Jefferson

Hammock
    Thunderbird
    Tarp
    UCQ Hanger
    Insulation
    Renegade/Jarbidge
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    Resurrecting an old thread because the Wet Rib is back, Mystery Ranch style!

Wet Rib yummmmm.
    ‟I’m in love with Montana. For other states I have admiration, respect, recognition, even some affection. But with Montana it is love.″ – John Steinbeck

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird
    Tarp
    Custom HNO Airship
    Insulation
    YETI UQ, UGQ TQ
    Suspension
    Hammock Anchors
    There are a couple of these on EBay right now.

G-Nut

Hammock
    WB BB 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    MacCat Dlx SpinnUL
    Insulation
    Phoenix/Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by davesimon View Post
    Resurrecting an old thread because the Wet Rib is back, Mystery Ranch style!

Wet Rib yummmmm.
    IMHO, this (and its predecessor from Dana Design (later Marmot)) is one of the nicer add-on accessories for hiking. I use the water bottle pouch on mine in cooler weather for hat, gloves, balaclava...layering items that go on and off a lot depending on temp, wind, exertion, etc. The zipper pocket is great for camera, snacks, map, miscellaneous essentials.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123