Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 20
  1. #11
    Senior Member gargoyle's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Middlebury, IN
    Hammock
    G-Bird II
    Tarp
    Ogee tarp
    Insulation
    AHE TQ DIY Down UQ
    Suspension
    whoop dutch!
    Posts
    6,257
    Images
    46
    Quote Originally Posted by Boothill View Post
    anybody ever tried making anything with one of these cans, not sure what they are made of though, if it's steel or aluminum


    boot
    From the looks of the can I'd say steel.
    Ambulo tua ambulo.

  2. #12
    Fronkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Grass Valley, Ca
    Hammock
    DIY "The Crippler"
    Tarp
    "Cuben Refugee"
    Insulation
    DIY "The Ex-gf"
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Posts
    5,419
    Quote Originally Posted by G.L.P. View Post
    nope one will do... where did you hear they are layered .... i had one of tinny's and it was one can with a ring in the top i also seen one from another vendor and it was just one can with the lid cut off with a side can opener

    I saw it on here. Maybe it was just his version, but it looks like a really great idea because the Foster's cans are a little flimsy for me. But, I really like the idea of having a pot that is smaller than my Heiny keg can.

    Fronkey

  3. #13
    Senior Member G.L.P.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Schuylkill Co. PA
    Hammock
    DIY,WBBB,DutchBridge
    Tarp
    Cuben,Superfly
    Insulation
    Quilts :P
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    Posts
    5,108
    Quote Originally Posted by Fronkey View Post
    I saw it on here. Maybe it was just his version, but it looks like a really great idea because the Foster's cans are a little flimsy for me. But, I really like the idea of having a pot that is smaller than my Heiny keg can.

    Fronkey
    yeah he never sold that pot... no other pot made from a fosters can is dbl walled..... man thats an old video i forgot he even made that pot LOL
    i know there was a member making a hybrid pot too at one time that was a heiny top and a fosters bottom but it never took off

    i know what you mean about the pot being flimsy thats why i like the Heiny pots but i still want a fosters to round out my options
    It puts the Underquilt on it's hammock ... It does this whenever it gets cold

  4. #14
    Fronkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Grass Valley, Ca
    Hammock
    DIY "The Crippler"
    Tarp
    "Cuben Refugee"
    Insulation
    DIY "The Ex-gf"
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Posts
    5,419
    Quote Originally Posted by G.L.P. View Post
    yeah he never sold that pot... no other pot made from a fosters can is dbl walled..... man thats an old video i forgot he even made that pot LOL
    i know there was a member making a hybrid pot too at one time that was a heiny top and a fosters bottom but it never took off

    i know what you mean about the pot being flimsy thats why i like the Heiny pots but i still want a fosters to round out my options
    Oh ok. I thought it was just the basis to his one cup pot. I do like the idea a lot though. I have seen that hybrid one as well and I'll probably try building that in the near future too.

    Fronkey

  5. #15
    Senior Member G.L.P.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Schuylkill Co. PA
    Hammock
    DIY,WBBB,DutchBridge
    Tarp
    Cuben,Superfly
    Insulation
    Quilts :P
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    Posts
    5,108
    Quote Originally Posted by Fronkey View Post
    Oh ok. I thought it was just the basis to his one cup pot. I do like the idea a lot though. I have seen that hybrid one as well and I'll probably try building that in the near future too.

    Fronkey
    no that is a one of a kind pot .... i think it's a great idea too i would like to see someone try to make one ...
    now that the heiny pot will be hard to find it might be a good idea for someone to try...Hmmmmmm
    It puts the Underquilt on it's hammock ... It does this whenever it gets cold

  6. #16
    all secure in sector 7 Shug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Minnesota
    Hammock
    DIY GreenBeanHammock
    Tarp
    DIY Tarps/HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Frankenquilt/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Posts
    16,197
    Images
    62
    Quote Originally Posted by G.L.P. View Post
    no that is a one of a kind pot .... i think it's a great idea too i would like to see someone try to make one ...
    now that the heiny pot will be hard to find it might be a good idea for someone to try...Hmmmmmm
    HF member Book sent me one of the Foster/Heiny Hybrids.
    Sweet pot....over 2 cups.
    Shug


    pot-2 by Sean "Shug" Emery, on Flickr


    pot by Sean "Shug" Emery, on Flickr
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Good in the Backwood Hood.

    Shug's YouTube Videos

  7. #17
    wait, gulp, gulp, gulp, gulp, gulp, gulp, gulp, gulp, gulp, gulp, gulp, gulp. ahhh

    i got one for ya.
    "Tenting is equivalent to a bum crawling into a cardboard box, hammocking is an art" KK

  8. #18
    Senior Member RustyNails's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    aberdeen washington
    Hammock
    Grand trunk ultra light
    Tarp
    10x8 blue tarp
    Insulation
    probly DIY
    Suspension
    two trees?
    Posts
    203
    does anyone know if the heiny pot and the poster are the same dimentions
    EMBRACE THE SUCK

  9. #19
    HWS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Lakewood, Ohio
    Hammock
    WB Blackbird Double Layer 1.0, DYI
    Tarp
    The Edge
    Insulation
    Jarbridge UQ HG-TQ
    Suspension
    Straps/Dutchware
    Posts
    222
    Images
    12
    G.L.P

    FWIW

    I purchased a Heine Pot Cook Kit from Batch Stovez a good while back when the Heine Pot was readily available. Great Cottage Stove/Pot store to purchase from with fast shipping and great service to boot.

    Anyway Sam is producing a cook pot now using the Foster beer can.

    Take a look here:

    http://www.batchstovez.com/ultralight-kits.php

    IMO, you should have no problem making one for yourself. Also Batch stoves sells a DYI Kit that includes: (If your interested)

    Complete DIY KIT all you provide is the Pot.
    Can be used with a Heine or Aussie pot
    Aprox. 10 yards of Fiberglass wick
    2 Strips of silicone tape
    1 Silicone lip guard
    Detailed Instructions

    http://www.batchstovez.com/accessories.php
    I hike with SCISSORS cause it makes me feel dangerous ... LoL

  10. #20
    Senior Member G.L.P.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Schuylkill Co. PA
    Hammock
    DIY,WBBB,DutchBridge
    Tarp
    Cuben,Superfly
    Insulation
    Quilts :P
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    Posts
    5,108
    thanks for the link but i got lots of cans now

    besides i can't bring myself to buy something i can make
    unless i'm feeling lazy
    It puts the Underquilt on it's hammock ... It does this whenever it gets cold

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •