BIAS Weight Weenie / Clark NX-250
    Tarp
    Smokehouse
    Insulation
    Speer Snugfit
    Suspension
    Whoopies

Thanks everyone!

Thanks to you all for the warm welcome and thank you for your well wishes. Japan has of course, sustained some terrible losses. Those of us in Tokyo just got a good shaking, but none the worse for wear. Scared the goobers out of everybody though. The poor folks up in the area where the tsunami hit directly are still in bad shape. The Japanese people are pretty amazing. They are very resilient and have not let this and the Fukushima tragedy get them down. It is also wonderful to see the outpouring of affection towards Japan from the folks back home.

Thanks for the heads-up about Shug's videos. I have actually watched Shug's videos for quite some time, and it has been his information, dedication and awesome sense of humor that is actually responsible for me getting into hammocking to begin with. (Konichiwa Shug-san! Domo arigato gozaimashita!!) I actually shouted out "Whoooooo Buddy!" the other day in class. My kids all got a kick out of it, but I don't think my Japanese co-teacher was too impressed My wife has watched me watching and laughing at Shug's stuff as well. She tells me there is something wrong with me and I should get checked out by a professional. Women just don't get it...

Without starting some sort of horrible riot amongst my new found hammocking friends, I think I have my choices for my new hammock narrowed down between the WBBB and a Hennessy Deluxe Explorer with side zip. If I went the HH route, I would probably get an additional zipper mod from 2QZQ so that I could completely remove the netting during non-bug seasons (or here in Japan, where in my area, the temperature here feels like the surface of the sun during the summer months, and I believe cooks all the bugs that aren't underground).

Anyway, thanks again to all of you for the warm welcome!!!

Best,

2new

Hammock
    All Hennessy,All Day
    Tarp
    GG12x12,WL OMW
    Insulation
    SuperShelter
    Suspension
    Garda Hitch
    Images
    welcome to the forum from SC. I believe both hammocks are great. i have a HH exp asym and love it. I thought about the mod alot but the bug netting doesnt really bother me that much . and it gets very hot and muggy in SC. Im also in the process of trying to buy a WB also. I dont have a real idea of it because ive never laid in one but I want to try them all. Id say go with your gut. they are both wonderful and highly respected brands. you cant go wrong with either one

Hammock
    WBBB; WBRR; WBXLC;HH Exped
    Tarp
    Superfly; JRB Ulti
    Insulation
    HG TQ&UQ; AHE; WB
    Suspension
    Whoopies&Dutchware
    Images
    Hi! And Welcome again! I have both a HH Exped Asym, and a Warbonnet BB 1.1 Dbl. They are both excellent hammocks - you can't really go too wrong with either. Just depends on preferences.

In my view, The HH Exped was just a tad too short for me (I'm 5' 11"), and the velcro slit became problematic some nights, with opening. It also becanme a bit hard to start in the AM to get out again. That said, I left it there for a bit, so my wife can try it out with the slit - I think she might do better balance-wise, and it may actually be better in the New England spring with the swarms of Bugs about.

On the other hand, the Warbonnet I just received is a dream to lie in; the zip-off bugnetting is great, and having the footbox a real bonus, in terms of a flat lie. The built-in shelf to hold all sorts of things is far more handy that I imagined, as well.

Both builders, and both hammocks are reputable, and work as advertised.

Just think of your own comforts and needs. Pick one, and don't look back for a while.

Hang on!
    Live Purposefully; Dare Greatly; Land Gently

If you're going to do something wrong, go for it! - Beryl G.

"Never knock on Death's door - just ring the bell and run. He hates that!"

Hammock
    Wilderness Logics Night/Lite Owls
    Tarp
    WL-TP/OMW/BF
    Insulation
    WL-TQ/UQ x3
    Suspension
    Dutch-n-Whopies
    Images
    welcome to HammockForums and hey from high point nc.
    there is a ton of stuff here to read, learn and ask about.
    if it's hammock related it's here or still waiting to be invented.
    hang on and have fun.

home is where your hammock is.

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    DIY
    Suspension
    DIY
    Images
    Welcome from Gadsden,Al. You can't go wrong with either of those hammocks. I have a Blackbird, and a friend has the HH Exped Asym. Both are excellent.

Hammock
    WBBB/TR, DIY, HH, SB DL, GT UL
    Tarp
    ID/OES/WB/WL
    Insulation
    HG/WB/Go-Lite/WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie/Straps/DW
    Images
    Welcome to the HF from Canada! I have both as well but lean to the WBBB.
    The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering. - St. Augustine

Some people feel the rain. Others just get wet.
    - Bob Marley

• + New Posts