Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

How many happy DD hangers are there? Good - Bad - Others for a new buy?

Hi guys. I've been wanting a Clark for a bit, but I just can't justify the cost, especially when I want to convert my family to tree dwellers. The cost of one Clark is high, but 4... wow.

So, I've been looking for comfortable alternatives. The DD Frontline looks like a pretty decent hammock for the price. What do you guys think? I'm the tallest in the family, at only 5'9". I've heard that the DD's are short, but so are we. I also like the double bottom, so slip a pad into (mostly for warmth, not for padding). In our area, bugs are ever present except in winter, so netting is a must. So, what do you guys think of the DD's? Well made? Durable? Comfortable? etc. Please share your thoughts to a prospective new buyer. THANKS ALL.

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    I have the DD Frontline. I like it, for a cinched-end hammock. It is easily my favorite DD hammock, but they all seem to be very well built. My Frontline doesn't get a ton of use, but between myself and nights lent to others, it's probably got about 40-50 nights on it. It has held up just fine.

Hopefully some of the more dedicated DD users will chime in. Seems to be a growing group.
    Trust nobody!

Another happy Frontline user here, in fact it's my preferred hammock. I', 5'10 and it fits me perfectly. As for build quality, can't fault it and the bugnet does a great job too.

Every now an then I think I ought to make my own hammock but deep down I know I'll never make one that I would choose over the DD.

Hope this helps.

Hammock
    Switchback, DD frontline, or speer
    Tarp
    tttghex DD 3 x 3
    Insulation
    DIY UQ, DD, bags
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling, web
    Images
    I am over 6 feet tall, and over 250 pounds, and I slept just fine in a DD hammock. I was not the Frontline, but the traveller (one of the seconds purchased in a group buy) I found it incredibly comfortable, and the reason I continue to use a ccf mat between the two bottom layers.
    Wherever you are.....there you are

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 Dbl
    Tarp
    OES MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    I own a DD traveller and I have spent many comfortable nights in. They are very well built and robust. The only issue I have with them is the stock suspension.

Hammock
    Dutchware Chamelon
    Tarp
    HH Hex tarp
    Insulation
    unsponsored UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    6' here and I have a DD Frontline, love it. Sleep well in it every time. I have found it to be very well made. DD have great customer service on the off chance you get a dud one, very rare it happens but it can with any and all products from everyone.

I bought my wife a DD Frontline aswell for her birthday I was that imprssed with them.
    resnikov

"You can do loads in 12 minutes. Suck a mint, buy a sledge, have a fast bath"

My blog & twitter

Hammock
    DD Traveler + GT UL
    Tarp
    DD+HH sil UL
    Insulation
    DD UQ + CCF pad
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    I got my DD Traveler and DD Tarp in March of '09. I like them both very well, have used them on buggy summer hangs and down to the -30'sF in winter.

I soldiered on with the stock webbing-stuff for about a year, then used Slap-Straps for a little while, and finally upgraded to AHE Whoopie Slings and straps.

Here's a few thoughts on the DD, based on my slightly older generation example.

The hammock is quite sturdy. On the other hand it is not light. "Cheap, light, good... pick any two" I would say the DD is reasonably priced and good quality but not light. This applies specifically to my double-layer Traveler hammock, I can't speak for all others.

I have slept in the hammock pitched "taut" and also with sag, I get along with it either way. I'm 6'-3" and do fine, but someone used to a giant hammock might like it less, I don't know.

Hammock
    DD Frontline
    Tarp
    SOTP tarp
    Insulation
    Thermarest
    I'm 6'2" and have a DD Frontline and find it really comfy and plenty big enough. Used the recommended way tying a bow round the tree I found the supplied webbing fine and it didn't stretch too badly. Doing the karabiner mod and running a single line to the tree I found it really stretchy and didn't really trust it so I swapped it to climbing tape. I've since bought 3 more for the rest of the family which says what I think of it.
    ---Life is more than the money that you earn---

Hammock
    DD travel hammock
    Tarp
    Chinook tarp
    Insulation
    dyi UQ
    Suspension
    nylon webbing 4now
    My wife and I like ares very nice well built and sturdy.

Hammock
    DD modular jungle hammock
    Tarp
    wilderness logics
    Insulation
    wilderness logics
    Suspension
    whoopie sling
    Images
    dd hammocks are a very good value.i have an earlier travel hammock.i also have a frontline hammock.2 dd tarps the rgular color,i also recieved a dd MC (multicam)tarpneo
    the matrix has you

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast