Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 36
  1. #21
    SkyPainter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Stoneham, MA
    Hammock
    WBBB; WBRR; WBXLC;HH Exped
    Tarp
    WB Superfly, Camo
    Insulation
    AHE: HG TQUQ: Lynx
    Suspension
    Whoopies&Dutchware
    Posts
    3,050
    Images
    30
    Quote Originally Posted by stefprez View Post


    I'm getting on that ASAP!!! Then I can have that sweet name banner
    ===> Good! then you can feel good, supporting the guys who are supporting your hiking/hanging obsession! Welcome to the club!

  2. #22
    Senior Member Ewker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Old Hickory, Tn
    Hammock
    Henry Shires Tarp Tent
    Tarp
    with a tent?
    Insulation
    Helium down bag
    Posts
    4,384
    depends on the area you want to backpack in. There are quite a few websites for each area. You also have White Blaze but it is pretty much about the AT. Also check meetup.com in your area since most have backpacking meetup groups
    There are times that the only way you can do something is alone that waiting on the convenience of others means that a lot of opportunities will pass you by
    Spirit Walker

    Religion was invented when the first con man met the first fool. ― Mark Twain

    Who cares about showers, gourmet food, using flush toilets. Just keep on walking and being away from it all.

  3. #23
    Senior Member backpackingZombie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Hammock
    DB 1.1
    Tarp
    CCS 8'x10'
    Insulation
    Arroyo & Jarbridge
    Suspension
    Whoopies + toggles
    Posts
    337
    Quote Originally Posted by Ewker View Post
    depends on the area you want to backpack in. There are quite a few websites for each area. You also have White Blaze but it is pretty much about the AT. Also check meetup.com in your area since most have backpacking meetup groups
    I also highly suggest meetup.com. You're bound to run into some weirdos, but sometimes you're the weirdo that others are running into, so it all works out in the end. I happen to run a group on there and really enjoy meeting people I otherwise would not have ever met, not to mention just getting out and being active.
    When it seems like the night will last forever
    And there's nothing left to do but count the years
    When the strings of my heart start to sever
    And stones fall from my eyes instead of tears
    I will walk alone by the black muddy river
    And dream me a dream of my own
    -Jerry

  4. #24
    Senior Member Apollo2112's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Dayton, OH
    Hammock
    Nano-7
    Tarp
    Grand Trunk 10x10
    Insulation
    HG UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopie Slings
    Posts
    116
    Hammock Forums...
    Whiteblaze is good too.
    "You can fight, fight without ever winning,
    But you can never, ever win without a fight"
    -Rush

  5. #25
    Senior Member samjaynes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Northern Utah
    Hammock
    TrekLight Double /DIY HH/DIY WBBB
    Tarp
    GuideGear 12'x12'
    Insulation
    JCP DIY UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling 7/64
    Posts
    398
    As the original poster asked, and found out, HF has some great other sections for paid members. This was a bonus as I became a donating member simply to say thanks to my many friends here.

    That being said, what a great way to drum up some funds to continue supporting this site (hosting, etc). There needs to be a clear thread about the benefits somewhere.

  6. #26
    Senior Member stefprez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Detroit, MI
    Hammock
    WBBB 1.0 DL
    Tarp
    WB Edge
    Suspension
    Webbing/Carabiners
    Posts
    352
    Images
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by samjaynes View Post
    As the original poster asked, and found out, HF has some great other sections for paid members. This was a bonus as I became a donating member simply to say thanks to my many friends here.

    That being said, what a great way to drum up some funds to continue supporting this site (hosting, etc). There needs to be a clear thread about the benefits somewhere.
    Agreed! Why hide the benefits? If you are trying to keep things exclusive, well I guess that makes sense, but if you are trying to raise money, that seems counterproductive!

  7. #27
    Senior Member Niloc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Vermont
    Hammock
    WBBB DL1.7
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Leigh's 3S & Yeti
    Posts
    226
    Quote Originally Posted by stefprez View Post
    Agreed! Why hide the benefits? If you are trying to keep things exclusive, well I guess that makes sense, but if you are trying to raise money, that seems counterproductive!
    They aren't hidden per say. Just buried in an older sticky.

    http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...ghlight=donate

  8. #28
    Senior Member Cannibal's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Posts
    13,919
    Images
    136
    Quote Originally Posted by stefprez View Post
    Agreed! Why hide the benefits? If you are trying to keep things exclusive, well I guess that makes sense, but if you are trying to raise money, that seems counterproductive!
    The Donating Member side of the forums is simply a 'perk' for those who choose to donate. It was never intended as a way to sweeten the donation pot, just a way for people who share a common hobby to talk about other aspects of that hobby without interfering with the primary focus of Hammock Forums....hammocks!
    Trust nobody!

  9. #29
    Senior Member G.L.P.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Schuylkill Co. PA
    Hammock
    DIY,WBBB,DutchBridge
    Tarp
    Cuben,Superfly
    Insulation
    Quilts :P
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    Posts
    5,108
    whats a hammock ?
    It puts the Underquilt on it's hammock ... It does this whenever it gets cold

  10. #30
    Senior Member samjaynes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Northern Utah
    Hammock
    TrekLight Double /DIY HH/DIY WBBB
    Tarp
    GuideGear 12'x12'
    Insulation
    JCP DIY UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling 7/64
    Posts
    398
    Quote Originally Posted by Cannibal View Post
    The Donating Member side of the forums is simply a 'perk' for those who choose to donate. It was never intended as a way to sweeten the donation pot, just a way for people who share a common hobby to talk about other aspects of that hobby without interfering with the primary focus of Hammock Forums....hammocks!
    Completely agree - As a newbie, I was confused when I would make a post on a cookset, or pack design and simply see the message 'moved' but couldn't access where it was 'moved' to. Just a black hole from a user's experience until the ah-ha moment came after becoming a donating members. Other members must of thought I blindly posted items as I never responded back to their help.

    I appreciate that you don't heavily market those additional forums with a change cup rattling in the background - but you guys truly deserve some kick back for the many hours you spend on this forum. By far, this is one of the cleanest, honest, and friendly forums I have seen in years.

    Keep up the great work, and hats off to you and the other moderators!

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-13-2014, 21:11
  2. Big and Tall clothes for Backpacking/Hiking?
    By HammockPete in forum General Hammock Talk
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-16-2013, 11:52

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •