Today was a warm-up day for our upcoming summer adventure

Checking up some new stuff for our family. We received a new Darien this week from Papa Smurf. Here's my oldest son in it.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1364582687.018324.jpg

And here he is about 20 minutes later in it.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1364582827.395399.jpg

To say he was comfortable is an understatement. Great job Papa Smurf! This was originally intended for my wife, but she might have to fight our son for it!

We were also checking out my youngest son's Hennessey Cub hammock. We strung it up in his bedroom once, but this was the first time outdoors.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1364583016.576420.jpg

He was trying to imitate my avatar picture.

I'm glad I was able to get this for just a few bucks from a friend. It's definitely a pretty small hammock. He's only around 4 1/2 feet tall and I'm glad he's not any taller.
We tried out both the smaller rainfall that came with it and a Hennessey Hex fly we bought. He liked the larger Hex fly better.

Overall, it was a good few hours trying out some new equipment. That's always fun!!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1364583370.883506.jpg

The boys are hoping to get a few nights in their Hammocks before the upcoming MAHHA Hang next month. All of this is in preparations for our summer adventure of hiking along the Appalachian Trail for a few weeks in June. Slowly, but surely, we hope to get up hammocks and equipment dialed in.

Thanx for sharing in our fun!