Hammock
    Wilderness Logic Night OWL
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    Pheonix 3s, te-wa
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I had to post up and brag on my chair. It is well made. It is just what I had i n mind. I don't know who got the other one but I'm certain they are as pleased as I am.That was an extreme PIF, a custom Jerry Chair. A big Thanks mcvincnt, you did well, you did very well!
    Happy Trails, Two Tents.
    I like refried beans. That's why I wanna try fried beans, because maybe they're just as good and we're just wasting time. You don't have to fry them again after all.

Hammock
    $26 Parachute Nylon made by VIVERE
    Tarp
    12'x14' chinook
    Insulation
    Military Sleep Sys
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Has there been any videos etc done on the "set-up" of these Jerry Chairs?
    I've seen some set up, and doesn't look too complex, however, I wonder if I can just use sticks, what angle do you set the sticks/poles on, and what prevents the Jerry chair's back support from folding in or falling back? is it just the tension on the fabric from user sitting on it that holds it solid?

I absolutely LOVE this idea (packs TINY, super light, etc), as lounging in the hammock isn't always a valid option (sitting out around fire, group hangs, etc).

I have an old tent that I hadn't thrown out (with the hopes to re-purpose), and I cut the pattern for this chair out of a section of the tents rain fly.

Thanks JerryW for inventing this (as I understand, that's credit to right person), and for sharing it. Unfortunately, I can't (for whatever reason) access the thread you linked to.

Again, any and all info about the set-up (in spite of it's seemingly simplicity), would be appreciated.
    My Hammock camping adventures, and more can be seen here:
    ***WARNING! Many of my videos contain language some may find inappropriate!***
    http://www.youtube.com/FAQUAD2010

Thanks for all your help, advice and more!

Hammock
    ENO DN
    Tarp
    TTTG CatCut
    Insulation
    DIY/Down&ENO Vulca
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    me thinks I twill be making me a Jerry Chair...

Hammock
    ENO Doublenest
    Tarp
    DIY Silnylon
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    I always loved this idea! I made my GF and I a sit pad for our first over night. I think this little creation will be a swell addition to allow for a comfy evening out in the woods! I'll have to sort through my scraps and see what I can do!

Hammock
    DW netless/JS Full net
    Tarp
    Hex
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 40
    Suspension
    Dutch buckle/strap
    Quote Originally Posted by Hike2Hang View Post
    Has there been any videos etc done on the "set-up" of these Jerry Chairs?
    I've seen some set up, and doesn't look too complex, however, I wonder if I can just use sticks, what angle do you set the sticks/poles on, and what prevents the Jerry chair's back support from folding in or falling back? is it just the tension on the fabric from user sitting on it that holds it solid?

I absolutely LOVE this idea (packs TINY, super light, etc), as lounging in the hammock isn't always a valid option (sitting out around fire, group hangs, etc).

I have an old tent that I hadn't thrown out (with the hopes to re-purpose), and I cut the pattern for this chair out of a section of the tents rain fly.

Thanks JerryW for inventing this (as I understand, that's credit to right person), and for sharing it. Unfortunately, I can't (for whatever reason) access the thread you linked to.

Again, any and all info about the set-up (in spite of it's seemingly simplicity), would be appreciated.
    I know this is old, but it's beacause it's in the donating member's section.
    Look up before you hook up!!
    Originally Posted by body942
    Me big. Me like hammockgear burrow. Long. Problems no. People good.

Hammock
    ENO DN
    Tarp
    TTTG CatCut
    Insulation
    DIY/Down&ENO Vulca
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by ljcsov View Post
    I always loved this idea! I made my GF and I a sit pad for our first over night. I think this little creation will be a swell addition to allow for a comfy evening out in the woods! I'll have to sort through my scraps and see what I can do!
    yeah that is what I was thinking...I have been working on a TOP SECRET UQ/TQ idea and I have some extra material that would be just right for this...Ill keep you updated and maybe some pics too.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12