Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Boothill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    The Beautiful Black Hills of South Dakota
    Hammock
    WARBONNET 1.1 DOUBLE, DIY BRIDGE
    Tarp
    DIY ARGON CAMO/BMJ
    Insulation
    DIY DOWN TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    STRAPS/BUCKLES
    Posts
    1,386

    Anybody Have a BMJ Door Kit Pattern?

    i am looking for a door kit pattern for the doors of a Warbonnet Big Mamajamba, i only want one set of doors for the time being and like doing the DIY thing and want to try my hand at making them

    if anyone has a pattern or could measure their BMJ doors for me it would be much appreciated

    thanks

    boot
    The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us. ~Bill Watterson

    4th Annual Black Hills Hang Aug 20-23

  2. #2
    Boothill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    The Beautiful Black Hills of South Dakota
    Hammock
    WARBONNET 1.1 DOUBLE, DIY BRIDGE
    Tarp
    DIY ARGON CAMO/BMJ
    Insulation
    DIY DOWN TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    STRAPS/BUCKLES
    Posts
    1,386
    anybody.........?

    boot
    The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us. ~Bill Watterson

    4th Annual Black Hills Hang Aug 20-23

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    hershey, PA
    Hammock
    Warbonnet
    Tarp
    Zpacks Cuben
    Insulation
    Cottage Down
    Suspension
    webbing/buckle
    Posts
    1,190
    Images
    51
    i can't truly help, but i know if it were up to me and i didn't have an existing pattern i'd buy a couple of painter's plastic dropcloths for like $10 and play with them to get a good workable pattern, before putting in the time on sil

  4. #4
    Senior Member mountaingoat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    North Coast
    Hammock
    Traveller,Speer,BIAS,Hennessy Asym.
    Tarp
    OES Strd, OES Wint
    Insulation
    HG Full length.
    Suspension
    adj webbing
    Posts
    423
    Images
    16

    Pattern

    I have the door kit, not the pattern. I will take a look this weekend and see if I can get you some measurements. Probably Saturday mid day.

  5. #5
    Boothill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    The Beautiful Black Hills of South Dakota
    Hammock
    WARBONNET 1.1 DOUBLE, DIY BRIDGE
    Tarp
    DIY ARGON CAMO/BMJ
    Insulation
    DIY DOWN TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    STRAPS/BUCKLES
    Posts
    1,386
    Quote Originally Posted by Wags View Post
    i can't truly help, but i know if it were up to me and i didn't have an existing pattern i'd buy a couple of painter's plastic dropcloths for like $10 and play with them to get a good workable pattern, before putting in the time on sil
    that's a good idea, hadn't thought of a plastic drop cloth

    Quote Originally Posted by mountaingoat View Post
    I have the door kit, not the pattern. I will take a look this weekend and see if I can get you some measurements. Probably Saturday mid day.
    thanks, that would be great and much appreciated

    boot
    The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us. ~Bill Watterson

    4th Annual Black Hills Hang Aug 20-23

  6. #6
    Senior Member mountaingoat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    North Coast
    Hammock
    Traveller,Speer,BIAS,Hennessy Asym.
    Tarp
    OES Strd, OES Wint
    Insulation
    HG Full length.
    Suspension
    adj webbing
    Posts
    423
    Images
    16

    I can do it now

    Hold on. i just finished with my sewing and the tarp is nearby, so I'll measure it right now. Give me a few minutes

  7. #7
    Senior Member mountaingoat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    North Coast
    Hammock
    Traveller,Speer,BIAS,Hennessy Asym.
    Tarp
    OES Strd, OES Wint
    Insulation
    HG Full length.
    Suspension
    adj webbing
    Posts
    423
    Images
    16

    ok

    Ok, I have no idea how to draw on here, so I will have to expain it to you. Each door is shaped kind of like a kite. Best if you have paper and pencil in hand.
    First I'd draw a cross. The vertical part 42" and the horizontal part 56". The two meet 10" down from the top of the vertical line. That splits that vertical line so that there are 10" on top and 32" below the intersection. The horizontal part is split in the middle. Now join the 4 ends of the cross, to make it look like a kite. From the short top to the sides there is a bit of a catenary cut, but i think you can get away without it. Let me know if that made any sense to you.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    South Central IN
    Hammock
    WBRR, Lots of DIY
    Tarp
    MacCat; Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx, HG T/UQ, AHE
    Suspension
    Varies
    Posts
    8,106
    Makes perfect sense to me. Thanks.

  9. #9
    Boothill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    The Beautiful Black Hills of South Dakota
    Hammock
    WARBONNET 1.1 DOUBLE, DIY BRIDGE
    Tarp
    DIY ARGON CAMO/BMJ
    Insulation
    DIY DOWN TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    STRAPS/BUCKLES
    Posts
    1,386
    Quote Originally Posted by mountaingoat View Post
    Ok, I have no idea how to draw on here, so I will have to expain it to you. Each door is shaped kind of like a kite. Best if you have paper and pencil in hand.
    First I'd draw a cross. The vertical part 42" and the horizontal part 56". The two meet 10" down from the top of the vertical line. That splits that vertical line so that there are 10" on top and 32" below the intersection. The horizontal part is split in the middle. Now join the 4 ends of the cross, to make it look like a kite. From the short top to the sides there is a bit of a catenary cut, but i think you can get away without it. Let me know if that made any sense to you.
    makes sense to me........now i just have to get to doing some measuring and thread injecting, this is going to much easier now than trying to make them by trial and error, thanks very much for the help

    boot
    The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us. ~Bill Watterson

    4th Annual Black Hills Hang Aug 20-23

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 21
    Last Post: 10-22-2014, 21:16
  2. Door/beak pattern?
    By hk2001 in forum Do-It-Yourself (DIY)
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 07-21-2014, 07:01
  3. DIY UQP Pattern?
    By Owl in forum Do-It-Yourself (DIY)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-08-2014, 07:06
  4. Pad Pattern
    By Troy64 in forum Pads
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-20-2012, 15:05
  5. DIY Down UQ Pattern
    By swimbikerun247 in forum Do-It-Yourself (DIY)
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-18-2011, 20:57

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •