So, I just took my first Hammock Trip, to the Smokies, and I made a few observations for myself that seem to conflict with the general consensus around here. Am I just odd? Here's the facts:

Hammock: WBBB 1.0 DL
Tarp: WBBMJ
Sleeping Bag: Marmot Wind River 40 degree down, hoodless mummy.
Pad: Alps Mountaineering 0.6 inch CCF ($12 @ REI...great pad, by the way)
Nightime lows: Around 45 degrees

So, I get out there, set everything up, and sleep reasonably well just using the sleeping bag as a top quilt. I only woke up when I found myself drenched in sweat. I did this two nights in a row. My final night, I decided to leave the pad nearby my hammock on the ground in case I needed it, and just crawl inside the sleeping bag. I slept like a dream. No sweat, no waking up with chills. The smokies are always humid, so everything was clammy in the morning, but not soaked like the first two nights.

It seems that the general consensus around here is that you need some sort of insulation underneath when using a sleeping bag in temps below 60, but my own observations seem to contradict this. I'm just looking to find out if anyone else sleeps this hot, or if there is some other factor (whether its the double layer, the design of the Blackbird, or if the pad I'm using is too thick) affecting my results.