Tarp
    DIY 10x12 Sil
    Insulation
    Bag+pad
    Suspension
    Strap+Whoopiesling
    Images

Silnylon prices

A lot of the posts I read referencing silnylon prices seem much less expensive than I am finding. The least expensive I am seeing are 2nds for around $5.25-$5.50/yard. 1st are starting $8-9/yard. Is it just that the posts I am reading are older and the material has gone up or am I missing something? Trying to plan out a tarp and for a 12x10 material seems like it will run $50+. I have seen some urethane coated nylon in the 2.5+ oz/yd weight for about $3.50/yd. I have also read through the entire post on DIY silicone impregnating (5to1 is memorized now). I figure if I'm going to do it I should do it so I won't want to immediately start another one when it is done and I know it will work when I am getting poured on.

So long story short, is anyone finding silnylon for $1-3/yd I have seen in posts? And if so where? Are the 2nds I see for around $5.50/yd about as good as it gets now? Barring stumbling across some on clearance or something.

Hammock
    HH Deep Jungle XL
    Tarp
    Hex Fly / Stock HH
    Insulation
    3SBurrow/Incubator
    Suspension
    WS's/ET's
    Try giving NoahLamport.com a call, they don't list the silnylon on their site. I'm not sure if it's still $3 a yard or not. You'll just have to call to find out. If you get some, tell them to take it off the roll for shipping, much cheaper that way. I haven't ordered anything from them, I just remember reading about it a while back. Good luck!

Hammock
    LeanGreen/BigRed/DIY
    Tarp
    CatCut Hex/GG12
    Insulation
    Fur I grow myself
    Suspension
    Of Disbelief
    Images
    I read alot of those posts too and it seemed that most of the time people were getting those prices from Wal-Mart $1 bin the sewing sections. I'm not sure about the rest of the country but in my area no Wal-Marts carry fabric any longer, and I can't seem to find a local retailer of Sil-nylon at all. So it appears I'll either be purchasing from the net or making my own as well.
    *Heaven best have trees, because I plan to lounge for eternity.

Good judgement is the result of experience and experience the result of bad judgement. - Mark Twain

Trail name: Radar

2014 Smoked Butt Hang Planning Thread | Sign up Sheet

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    Custom OES tarp
    Insulation
    JRB Down UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images
    A lot of the older posts show sil being found at WalMart in the 1.00 bin, which in most of the stores no longer exists (although rumors are that they are bringing back the fabric section in WM stores).

The next range of prices posted were most likely from places like Quest Outfitters, and prices were anywhere from 4.99 - 10.99, those stores sell seconds and high quality firsts.

More recent posts talk about the Noah Lamport sil, which seems to be cheaper, and you can of course make your own.

"Civilization is the limitless multiplication of unnecessary necessities."
    - Mark Twain
    “I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.”
    - John Burroughs

• + New Posts