Tarp
    hennessy hex,DIY
    Insulation
    Pad
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images

Indiana Dunes State park?

I am going on a Scout outing with Littleboggs Scout troop the weekend of Memorial Day. We are leaving Friday and coming back that Monday. My in laws were nice enough to let me use there Blazer sense my car is still down from when it was stolen. My question is, have any of you ever been here? And are there places in the campground for Littlebogg and me to hang?

Bigbogg

Hammock
    Multiple Warbonnet Hammocks
    Tarp
    ZPacks
    Insulation
    JRB
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I live about 12 miles from there. The State Park is nice for day hiking. The campground has a fair amount of sites but I would call for reservations that weekend. I believe it's $25/night + Parking. I debate if the sites are good for hanging. There are some trees down there in the camping area but I don't know how well they are positioned for hanging. I've never taken the time to tour the camping area. There are no rustic sites at the State Park. The National Lake Shore has 3-4 rustic sites off US-12 somewhere near the eastern end of the Lyco-ki-wi Trail. The National Lake Shore has a Welcome Center off US49 and has a good selection of maps for the local area. If you like hiking, check out the State Park and then Cowels Bog or the Lyco-ki-wi in the National Lake Shore.

Hammock
    DH RG 11' 1.6 Lefty
    Tarp
    HG, OES
    Insulation
    UQG,HG,WB
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I got a camp site right next to the bathroom which had two trees that were just right. I asked if I could hang and they had no problems with it.

Hammock
    DIY WBBB
    Tarp
    DIY 8X10
    Insulation
    under consideratio
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by Breck View Post
    I live about 12 miles from there. The State Park is nice for day hiking. The campground has a fair amount of sites but I would call for reservations that weekend. I believe it's $25/night + Parking. I debate if the sites are good for hanging. There are some trees down there in the camping area but I don't know how well they are positioned for hanging. I've never taken the time to tour the camping area. There are no rustic sites at the State Park. The National Lake Shore has 3-4 rustic sites off US-12 somewhere near the eastern end of the Lyco-ki-wi Trail. The National Lake Shore has a Welcome Center off US49 and has a good selection of maps for the local area. If you like hiking, check out the State Park and then Cowels Bog or the Lyco-ki-wi in the National Lake Shore.
    Nice to see a fellow Valporaisian or Valpo Raisin or ValpoIte on the site. Especially one with good info. I just finished my DIY blackbird if you are ever up for a hang.
    Enjoy most everything until just prior to the point of stupidity. Then... watch

Hammock
    Multiple Warbonnet Hammocks
    Tarp
    ZPacks
    Insulation
    JRB
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by adfeds View Post
    Nice to see a fellow Valporaisian or Valpo Raisin or ValpoIte on the site. Especially one with good info. I just finished my DIY blackbird if you are ever up for a hang.
    I'm up for one most any time. I will be out of the state until the second week of June but after that I'm game.

I'll add this to local camping areas.

Stoney Run Park in Hebron has some decent camping and a few miles of trails. Unfortunately, the camping area is for Not-for-Profits only. Thankfully my hiking club is registered as a NFP and I can register under them.

Banned
    Hammock
    WBB 1.7 Double,DIY traveler
    Tarp
    hennessy hex,DIY
    Insulation
    Pad
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Well I caled and talked to the park today and they said that we are in a youth camo area and there are a lot of trees to hang in. So Littlebogg and I will be hanging out in the trees next weekend! !!!!!!!!

Bigbogg

Hammock
    WBBB DL 1.1 & 1.7
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    HG Incbtr-AH Potmc
    Suspension
    WB Adj Web
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by adfeds View Post
    Hey, everyone knows you're Valpans! Live long and prosper :

• + New Posts