WBRR, Lots of DIY
    Tarp
    MacCat; Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx, HG T/UQ, AHE
    Suspension
    Varies

Photos And Text?

When I post photos as attachments, all of the text is at the top with all thumbnails grouped below.

How do you post text/photo/text/photo so that you can label or explain each photo?

Thanks for the help.

The Beautiful Black Hills of South Dakota
    Hammock
    WARBONNET 1.1 DOUBLE, DIY BRIDGE
    Tarp
    DIY ARGON CAMO/BMJ
    Insulation
    DIY DOWN TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    STRAPS/BUCKLES
    go ahead and attach your photos and then just put your cursor in between the attachments when your composing the post and type what you want to say

boot
    The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us. ~Bill Watterson

Hammock
    DIY Warbird
    Tarp
    Guide Gear 12'x12'
    Insulation
    15* down bag & pad
    Suspension
    whoopies
    When composing your thread, there is a little button in the toolbar that looks like a yellow box with some triangle shaped "mountains" in it. When you hover your mouse pointer over it, it should say "Insert Image". When you click it, you'll be prompted to enter a URL for your image. This is where my understanding gets a little fuzzy; I think you need to have your pics already uploaded to your HF album, and then just copy and paste your picture's URL into the box. That is how I've inserted pictures in the past. Then all of the coding and whatnot should appear within your workable text area, and your can move it around accordingly. Hope this helps!

Hammock
    WBRR, Lots of DIY
    Tarp
    MacCat; Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx, HG T/UQ, AHE
    Suspension
    Varies
    Quote Originally Posted by Boothill View Post
    go ahead and attach your photos and then just put your cursor in between the attachments when your composing the post and type what you want to say

boot
    ??? I must be missing something ???

The attachments only show (for me) in the "Additional Options" area and not in the text box area.

Hammock
    WBRR, Lots of DIY
    Tarp
    MacCat; Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx, HG T/UQ, AHE
    Suspension
    Varies
    Quote Originally Posted by ganon414 View Post
    When composing your thread, there is a little button in the toolbar that looks like a yellow box with some triangle shaped "mountains" in it. When you hover your mouse pointer over it, it should say "Insert Image". When you click it, you'll be prompted to enter a URL for your image. This is where my understanding gets a little fuzzy; I think you need to have your pics already uploaded to your HF album, and then just copy and paste your picture's URL into the box. That is how I've inserted pictures in the past. Then all of the coding and whatnot should appear within your workable text area, and your can move it around accordingly. Hope this helps!
    Thanks. I have been using the "attach files" feature to upload. I guess it's time for me to quit being lazy and start an album.

The Beautiful Black Hills of South Dakota
    Hammock
    WARBONNET 1.1 DOUBLE, DIY BRIDGE
    Tarp
    DIY ARGON CAMO/BMJ
    Insulation
    DIY DOWN TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    STRAPS/BUCKLES
    Quote Originally Posted by gmcttr View Post
    ??? I must be missing something ???

The attachments only show (for me) in the "Additional Options" area and not in the text box area.
    upload your photos and attach them into the "text box" after you've attached them into the "text box" area this is when you can type what you want, hope that helps, they do show up as thumbnails this way though

boot

edit: this is how it looks when i do it http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...44&postcount=1
    The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us. ~Bill Watterson

Hammock
    Hammeck Breezy PolyD DBL
    Tarp
    MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    3S Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by ganon414 View Post
    What he said. If you click the insert image button, it creates and html img tag. In order for that to work you must already have uploaded your pictures to either your hf gallery, or another image upload site, them in the img tag, you paste the url to your picture. Heres a slightly more in depth description if you are interested. http://www.w3schools.com/htmL/html_images.asp

Hammock
    WBRR, Lots of DIY
    Tarp
    MacCat; Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx, HG T/UQ, AHE
    Suspension
    Varies
    Thanks everyone.

I started a HF gallery and it worked as described on my first try in a DIY thread..

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 DL
    Tarp
    BMJ w/pullouts
    Insulation
    Phoenix/Incubator
    Suspension
    Huggers/whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by Diab View Post
    What he said. If you click the insert image button, it creates and html img tag. In order for that to work you must already have uploaded your pictures to either your hf gallery, or another image upload site, them in the img tag, you paste the url to your picture. Heres a slightly more in depth description if you are interested. http://www.w3schools.com/htmL/html_images.asp
    This doesn't seem to be working for me. I uploaded some images to my HF gallery, clicked "insert image," and then pasted in the url for my photo. I got the error below.

When I tried removing the "www," I got the following:

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    ZPacks CF
    Insulation
    Te-Wa / HG / WB
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hooks
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Wakozacho View Post
    This doesn't seem to be working for me. I uploaded some images to my HF gallery, clicked "insert image," and then pasted in the url for my photo. I got the error below.
    You didn't use the Gallery (top left of the forum), you used personal albums in your profile.

In the Gallery (top left of the forum), if you upload a photo it will have a BB Code at the bottom of the page. Copy/paste that BB Code into a post and it will embed directly.
    “I think that when the lies are all told and forgot the truth will be there yet. It dont move about from place to place and it dont change from time to time. You cant corrupt it any more than you can salt salt.” - Cormac McCarthy

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast