Tarp
    EOS Spinn Standard
    Insulation
    Crowsnest
    Suspension
    standard
    Images
    Here are my concerns.

People lay in a hammock in different ways. I'm tall and would consider my head a bit closer to the gathered in than others. My GF and son would use this too. This is more of my second quilt for guests so adjust ability is important.

Point being, are you locked in how it sits length wise? I have a WBBB. I read the website and the video and still lost on that.

If you get hot, must you access the draw string points on the ends and loosen them since you can't slide it?

I understand how it being fixed would be nice too, no sliding on you in the middle of the night. All designs have to commit in one positive side or other, just trying to understand your system.

Also, the website says, 1-2 weeks to ship. Is that accurate? Obviously I'm not looking to pinpoint, just want to make sure we are in the same ballpark.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC 1.1 dbl/ Traveler 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    Toxaway & Bullfrog
    Insulation
    Incubator & Burrow
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    Quote Originally Posted by BigEarth View Post
    I'm surprise more people don't try since HG is locked down all the time.

They just don't do what it takes to meet the demand of customers orders or at least take the steps to give their customers a warm and fussy feeling about the situation. Sorry for the rant. I'm sure they are good people, just over booked.
    I hear ya friend but to be fair to HG; Reminds of a thought process I went through recently (as recent as this AM) as I fussed over the time it is taking to get a custom Burrow (Mr Impatient here). Personal epiphany, all this gear from the cottage industires on HF is custom made and high quality. Custom (and in my case double custom) gear takes time and there is a good reason HG is so busy. Adam and Jenny ( always reminds of Forrest Gump) seem very good at pushing up manufacture and delivery for emergency needs too. Every cottage industry here has times of extreme busy where it is tough for them to stay in touch, including (I'll wager) the intrepid te-wa. Most of us (read; me) want our gear and want it yesterday (with instant communication too) but reality stinks at times...just sayin'.

No relation to HG at all...except having red hair too. Oh and I have been waiting less that two weeks...

Hammock
    Warbonnet ON!
    Tarp
    SuperFly or MacCat
    Insulation
    Yetis & Mambas
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    I picked up a Te-Wa quilt. It's a pre-Freeze 3-season model; probably the same thing as the Freeze. Top notch quilt. I've only used it a handful of times, but I have yet to develop any negative feelings about it. Excellent construction and while I haven't pushed its temp rating yet, I've no doubt it will perform to at least 30°; probably lower.

Very happy I was finally able to give the Te-was a try. Happy customer.
    Trust nobody!

Hammock
    BB
    Tarp
    zpacks cuben
    Insulation
    te-wa Freeze
    Suspension
    whoOpie slings
    Images
    Here are my concerns.

People lay in a hammock in different ways. I'm tall and would consider my head a bit closer to the gathered in than others. My GF and son would use this too. This is more of my second quilt for guests so adjust ability is important.

Point being, are you locked in how it sits length wise? I have a WBBB. I read the website and the video and still lost on that.

If you get hot, must you access the draw string points on the ends and loosen them since you can't slide it?

I understand how it being fixed would be nice too, no sliding on you in the middle of the night. All designs have to commit in one positive side or other, just trying to understand your system.

Also, the website says, 1-2 weeks to ship. Is that accurate? Obviously I'm not looking to pinpoint, just want to make sure we are in the same ballpark.
    if you choose, i can add cordlocks at both ends so the quilt is adjustable from head to foot by at least 12"
    you do have to access the "draw string points" to maneuver the quilt, but this can be done easily, as i have put the forethought into adding the cordlocks on the accessible side (zipper side, if applicable)
    it is a slight shipping wait since i have no inventory stock - at my current product movement, inventory is not an asset but a barrier. understand i am also a father of 2 young kids, a full time student and other such...

on the plus side, you can have the freedom to choose from many color combinations, not just the typical black or coyote brown. I had one customer jump for joy when she received her favorite Alma Mater te-wa underquilt. IIRC, it was Red on Silver.

My quilts have always shown and reflected my true sense of purpose - go as light as possible without sacrificing comfort, no added weight but still using materials that are affordable, durable, and within reason. As an gearhead and experienced ultralight backpacker, I created what would work good for me, and now i give it to you. thank you all for the kind words.

Hammock
    WBRR and WBBB
    Tarp
    EOS Spinn Standard
    Insulation
    Crowsnest
    Suspension
    standard
    Images
    Yikes, hopefully I didn't come across unreasonable. Fact is I've got products from several cottage industries(see below). I know the drill and I'm cool with it. If I didn't want to wait and didn't want to spread the money around I would have just ordered a yeti(which I'm sure rocks). I was just talking about the communication aspect(and I wasn't asking for much, just a response and ballpark numbers).

I get your point though, communication takes time too, not just manufacturing.

HG contacted me and they are putting some new systems in place to help with the communication aspect.

ULA
    Gossamer Gear
    Stick pic
    MLD
    WB
    Hammock Gear
    OES
    WhoopieSlings.com
    There is probably more and there will be more.

btw, te-wa, thanks for the info. I'll probably take you up on that mod.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC 1.1 dbl/ Traveler 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    Toxaway & Bullfrog
    Insulation
    Incubator & Burrow
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    Yikes, hopefully I didn't come across unreasonable.
    Not especially (no slight intended), I had been impatiently ruminating on the ordered HG TQ and that part of your post reminded of my own thought process. One that is repeated here quite a bit too...excited about the stuff and having to wait (don't we love to wait?). Forgetting that our ordered stuff is often custom made and from the homes (with all that includes) of the vendors. I'd love to go through the different vendors sites here with much more disposible income. I'll take one of those and two of those and...

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Lynx or Pads
    Suspension
    Straps and Biners
    Images

Te-wa UQ

I've got an older 3 season (previously the "standard" I think) I picked up from another member. It's basically brand new though.

Since mine's on a HH the little extra slip on the left side attaches to the pullout to help keep the quilt up over your shoulder. This works well but I wouldn't mind if there was another one on the opposite side that linked up with the right side tieout.

I ditched the mitten clips and just went with some small s-biners. So far as adjustability goes...it's easy for me to reach the cordlocks on the head/foot end from inside the hammock (2QZQ zipper mod, right side). For a standard HH I think it might be a hassle.

It lofts up fast and keeps me warm....I love it.

Hammock
    HHUB
    Tarp
    Stock HH Asym
    Insulation
    HHSS, for now
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    I don't know yet, but am waiting with baited breath.

Good luck on those finals Mike!

Marc

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    AHE Hard Rock
    Insulation
    Te-Wa Freeze
    Suspension
    Dynaglide slings
    What do people think of the te-wa 3 season underquilt(Freeze)? ...
    I have a 3S "Freeze" +1oz that has been strapped to the bottom of my WBBB a few times. I have spent a few winter and spring nights giving it a go. The quilt is very well made and has exceeded my expectations. I liked the UQ enough to by a TQ too. I haven't had it out as much but it is very well made too.
    Needless to say, I am very happy with the correspondence and the products received. I would definitely place another order with te-wa.
    "I'm a connoisseur of BACON." - Anyways - 6/9/13

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.0 DL
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    Hi All,

I purchased a te-we second hand from a forum member here in Australia. Its of the following specs:

3/4 UQ, 4oz of down, fit's into a 4x9" stuff sack and only weigh's 270grams in the sack. I have used and still been warm down to about 5 C.

Also a summer TQ, 7 oz of down with 2 oz of overfill, Fit's into a 5x10" stuff sack and weigh's 510grams.

Both are black on the outside, Red on the inside. (Can also be reversed)

You can see it in use in a few of my vids with the WBBB.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76OTJO6X6zI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMR7iUPC9GI

The suspension is from each corner with the usual gathered end locks to snug it up tight. I now use it with triangle thingies and have been really happy with it. I have set the suspension lengths to suit my perfect spot it the WBBB and have used different colored cord locks so I know which corner is the head zipper side.... so I don’t need to play with the suspension at all. I also made it so the cord lock is just on one side at each end and that they both sit on the zipper side, so adjustability of the gap at the ends is easily made from inside the hammock

I have no experience in ordering / delivery aspects of te-wa but I have been impressed with the quality of the items.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast