Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    gorilla glue, is that a kind of two part epoxy? im from the UK so dont know if we have that here.

so i did the ridge line. As you said there is now alot of spare material, and it hangs in my face. i dont mind the height of it but i dont want it anywhere near my face.

i understand what you mean about the shelf now, but i dont know that i want to hang weight right on the seam of the netting. is this likely to pull at the seams? it also makes the netting act weird when i get out.

basically i need to do something with the netting, any ideas?

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by watermelon View Post
    gorilla glue, is that a kind of two part epoxy?
    so i did the ridge line. As you said there is now alot of spare material, and it hangs in my face. i dont mind the height of it but i dont want it anywhere near my face. Basically i need to do something with the netting, any ideas?
    Gorilla glue is just a normal household glue that bonds almost everything including metal and glass. You spread a THIN layer of glue on one surface and leave exposed to the air for about 5 minutes. Then get the other surface damp with little water and clamp together. Anyway...

My hammock has elastic loops sewn to the bug netting and about 20 feet of highly elastic shockcord. If I have the ridgeline outside the bug netting I run the cord through the loops, around the tree ,through the loops on the other side, around the other tree and tie it off with a half hitch. This keeps the netting off my face. If the ridgeline is running through the bug gaskets it holds the netting up for me. YMMV. Here is a link to a video that should help. At about 2:05 he demonstrates how to hang the netting with the shock cord as I described it above.

Cheers!
    Last edited by mikewithe; 05-22-2011 at 15:54.

Hammock
    DIY Knotty/Speer special, RED
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    50 extree pounds
    Suspension
    Whoopy slings
    Standard Gorilla Glue is a water activated Poly U glue. Moisten what you want to glue, apply the glue and then clamp or hold together. The moisture will make the glue foam up. Shug, the guy in the video and one of the most prolific and helpful guys on this forum, has about 9 videos in the introduction to Hammocking videos line, I hope you watched a couple of them. He tries to be amusing and informative to keep folks going and most folks love him, which means they'll be some that he just doens't jive with. May I also recommend Ed Speers book on Hammocking for offline reading and the informative pages at Just Jeffs and the pages available at Warbonnet.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 SL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    WB and UGQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies or Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by watermelon View Post
    thanks for the video, the guy was a little much though...
    LOL, you're right. He's over the top...the Big Top. He's a performer with a circus background which explains his style of entertaining. Shug is like our patron saint. His trademark "Whoo Buddy!" is yelled at gathering all over the country as a sort of Hammock Forums salute.
    Don't let life get in the way of living.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12