Golite poncho tarp
    Insulation
    Down UQ / Down bag
    Suspension
    Amsteel whoopies
    Images

Blackbird weights

Hello folks,

Can anyone help me out? I'm looking for the weights of the 1.0 double and 1.1 double without any suspension, without the ridgeline and without the bishop sack.

Also, is there any advantages of one over the other?

Looking to crunch some numbers to see how a wbbb would compare to my current setup.

Hammock
    Traveler 1.1 sl/WBBB 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    HG Cuben/Standard
    Insulation
    Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Dynaglide whoopies
    Images
    I can't help ya out to much. Not sure. I have both the 1.1 dbl and just received the 1.0 dbl yesterday. The line and strap suspension is 4oz less than the adjustable webbing, and switching to dyna glide shaves about another 1.5oz. Based off the site, the 1.1 is 4.75oz more. Also straps could be switched to ratchet straps to lose another ounce or so supposeably. I'm about to change my suspension from adjustable webbing to dynaglide right now and am going to cut the ratchet straps. Hopefully I can get a weight before I leave for work.

Ill weight the 1.0 without anything lines or anything but my scale only goes to the nearest .25oz, so it may not be a huge help. Hopefully someone else knows.

Hammock
    DIY + whoopie SLR
    Tarp
    Golite poncho tarp
    Insulation
    Down UQ / Down bag
    Suspension
    Amsteel whoopies
    Images
    No no that would be great. Atm I'm using a single layer 11ft pertex hammock, but I have no bugnet. I'm thinking either to make a wrap around bug net or perhaps (as it doesn't take much to persuade someone to buy another hammock) if the weights are better get a wbbb. I'd want to keep my own suspension.

I'm using my friends dd hammock for the time being (I'm actually in the woods just now...) and I forgot how convenient it is to have a zipped net.

I've read the 1.1oz is slicker than the other weights of nylon, is that right? Ideally I'd like the closest to pertex, I like the smoothness and give.

Hammock
    Tarp
    HG Cuben/Standard
    Insulation
    Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Dynaglide whoopies
    Images
    All done. My starting weight with adjustable webbing was 26.5oz. The hammock itself with no suspension, ridge line, or tie outs (shelf and zipper shock cord tie outs) was 17.5oz.

I added 6' dyna glide whoopie slings but left the original ridge line because the dyna glide one I made was 1.25" to short. I don't think it would of messed with the lay much but I also don't think there's much of a weight difference. The stock ridge line is not amsteel like the 1.1dbl I have. Its 1.75-2mm 8ish strand dyneema. I also kept the tie outs removed. I never really used them on the other blackbird much, but don't know if not using them will make the netting saggy. Never had the bug net zipped before. For straps, I haven't made them yet but I cut out 13'6" of ratchet straps to make 6' straps a piece after sewing loops in each end. I will probably go shorter. Then two toggles and of course the stuff sack. This put me at 20oz.

Now I don't know how correct my scale is. Its my daughter baby scale. It matched up with the weight on the warbonnet site but I'm still not sure.

The 1.0 and 1.7 are a little rougher, or less silky than the 1.1 I have. The 1.7 more so, the 1.0 is not much rougher than the 1.1. Still pretty silky. This isn't saying much because compare to most hammocks, all warbonnet fabric is more smooth and comfy. I would not let that be a determining factor when you make a decision.

Images
    i just weighed a dl1.1 with ridgeline, but no suspesnion or shockcord at 19oz, shockcord is an oz, so 20 with shockcord and stock ridgeline.

weights online were wrong, i just corrected the dl1.0 and dl1.1 weights for each suspension.

i need to make some changes online, i recently shortened the adjustable webbing straps from 14' to 12', and shortened the tree straps by 6". this saved a little weight.

current weights are: no suspension, line/strap, adj. webbing without biners

dl1.1: 20/24/27 incl stuffsac
    dl1.0: 19/23/26 incl stuffsac

Hammock
    Tarp
    HG Cuben/Standard
    Insulation
    Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Dynaglide whoopies
    Images
    Thanks for chiming in Brandon. I must note when I weighed it without suspension, ridge line, or shockcord tie out I also exclued the stuff sack. All other weights were with the stuff sack.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by thexuprising View Post
    Thanks for chiming in Brandon. I must note when I weighed it without suspension, ridge line, or shockcord tie out I also exclued the stuff sack. All other weights were with the stuff sack.
    yeah that makes sense, ridgelinle is at least an oz too

Hammock
    WL Lite Owl
    Tarp
    Luke's LB HG hex
    Insulation
    HG TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    SlingRings/Straps
    Images
    I can't help ya out to much. Not sure. I have both the 1.1 dbl and just received the 1.0 dbl yesterday. The line and strap suspension is 4oz less than the adjustable webbing, and switching to dyna glide shaves about another 1.5oz. Based off the site, the 1.1 is 4.75oz more. Also straps could be switched to ratchet straps to lose another ounce or so supposeably. I'm about to change my suspension from adjustable webbing to dynaglide right now and am going to cut the ratchet straps. Hopefully I can get a weight before I leave for work.

Ill weight the 1.0 without anything lines or anything but my scale only goes to the nearest .25oz, so it may not be a huge help. Hopefully someone else knows.
    Got my 1.0 dbl yesterday too!! Thats funny.
    "He who makes a beast of himself, gets rid of the pain of being a man." Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

Please check out the link below to show your love for hammocks!www.zazzle.com/hammocklife

Hammock
    Tarp
    HG Cuben/Standard
    Insulation
    Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Dynaglide whoopies
    Images
    Haha, mine was yesterday as well. Ill have it at wildcat this sunday. We may look like the guys who accidentally wear the same shirt, haha. 1.0dbl and superfly, or black micro/standard. Haha.

Hammock
    WL Lite Owl
    Tarp
    Luke's LB HG hex
    Insulation
    HG TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    SlingRings/Straps
    Images
    All done. My starting weight with adjustable webbing was 26.5oz. The hammock itself with no suspension, ridge line, or tie outs (shelf and zipper shock cord tie outs) was 17.5oz.

I added 6' dyna glide whoopie slings but left the original ridge line because the dyna glide one I made was 1.25" to short. I don't think it would of messed with the lay much but I also don't think there's much of a weight difference. The stock ridge line is not amsteel like the 1.1dbl I have. Its 1.75-2mm 8ish strand dyneema. I also kept the tie outs removed. I never really used them on the other blackbird much, but don't know if not using them will make the netting saggy. Never had the bug net zipped before. For straps, I haven't made them yet but I cut out 13'6" of ratchet straps to make 6' straps a piece after sewing loops in each end. I will probably go shorter. Then two toggles and of course the stuff sack. This put me at 20oz.

Now I don't know how correct my scale is. Its my daughter baby scale. It matched up with the weight on the warbonnet site but I'm still not sure.

The 1.0 and 1.7 are a little rougher, or less silky than the 1.1 I have. The 1.7 more so, the 1.0 is not much rougher than the 1.1. Still pretty silky. This isn't saying much because compare to most hammocks, all warbonnet fabric is more smooth and comfy. I would not let that be a determining factor when you make a decision.
    I replaced my suspension lines with 6ft whoopies too. They are the same amsteel as the stock lines. It'd be cool if he just started makin those lines into whoopies anyways. I'm not sure how much it would cost to make those lines longer and what it would mean for production to take the time to splice it into an adjustable loop with a buried end. Somethin to think about. Very silky to me BTW compared to an ENO.
    "He who makes a beast of himself, gets rid of the pain of being a man." Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

Please check out the link below to show your love for hammocks!www.zazzle.com/hammocklife

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast