Hennessey Safari
    Tarp
    Vertex by Clark
    Insulation
    DOWN & lots of it
    Suspension
    arrowhead's setup
    Images
    I can't believe I read all these posts. Whew my heads spinning. I got to go lay down, crap which hammock should I take out. Eeny meeny miny mo........ Safari it is.
    Whether trail or paddle don't you know
    My hammock is the way to go
    There peace and solitude I find
    To ease all troubles from my mind
    Both body and soul revel in delight
    As day surrenders to inky night

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 DL/Speer/Clark
    Tarp
    SpeerWT/HG Custom
    Insulation
    HGear UQ &TQs
    Suspension
    Whoopies/SShackles
    Quote Originally Posted by animalcontrol View Post
    I'll wade in...
    Just for fun, I would like to state a M4 Sherman tank to be more durable than cheaply made other vehicles. This tank offers superior protection for its passengers, while overcoming anything in its path. Why settle for imitation 4X4 trucks, when a TANK is what you really need!
    I think a less exaggerated comparison would be a 4X4 truck to a 2X4 or a Lexus sedan to a Kia. In both examples you'd still be correct though. I'm sure you feel those comparisons while possibly exaggerated, get your point across. I understood your point clearly.

Maybe Clark is doing the same thing you did by exaggerating the differences to prove their point.

I have no idea and as I've said, wouldn't have made those claims myself if I were part of Clark.

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB XLC 1.7, Traveler S1.7
    Tarp
    Cuben DIY
    Insulation
    Hammockgear
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by plaunius View Post
    I think a less exaggerated comparison would be a 4X4 truck to a 2X4 or a Lexus sedan to a Kia. In both examples you'd still be correct though. I'm sure you feel those comparisons while possibly exaggerated, get your point across. I understood your point clearly.

Maybe Clark is doing the same thing you did by exaggerating the differences to prove their point.

I have no idea and as I've said, wouldn't have made those claims myself if I were part of Clark.
    you absolutely correct...
    but sometimes what one person views to be a Lexus is overkill to another!! I just wanted that point to be clear.
    "Every day is a new day to a better future"
    "Of all the things that matter, that really and truly matter, working more efficiently and getting more done is not among them." ~ Mike Dooley
    "What if I told you that you couldn't have anymore of anything... No more friends, no more money, no more anything, until you first got happy with what you have?"~ Mike Dooley
    "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." ~ Socrates

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird/Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    OES 12x10
    Insulation
    WB Yeti/Lynx
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by animalcontrol View Post
    you absolutely correct...
    but sometimes what one person views to be a Lexus is overkill to another!! I just wanted that point to be clear.
    Thats why I always hate those kinds of analogies - they assume a type of superiority, not just a difference of purpose. To me personally, a Lexus is a piece of crap, overpriced and sold to people with more money than brains, but the way the analogy is used, it often makes it sound like the 'Lexus' in the example is the top of the line, and the other is far inferior.

Even if a Clark was half the price of a Blackbird, I'd still rather have my Warbonnet. Which one is the Lexus in THAT analogy?

To you Lexus may seem like a piece of crap. Which is another problem when comparing things like hammocks and cars. If you do not know what crap is then something really good may appear to be crap. Some may assume a Rolls Royce to be crap but those in the know understand fine craftsmanship and luxury.

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    Custom OES tarp
    Insulation
    JRB Down UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images
    I think we've pretty much exhausted any usefulness that might have come from the discussion of the claims made by Clark and the merits or demerits thereof, and have reached a point in which there's only an off topic discussion about analogies left.

"Civilization is the limitless multiplication of unnecessary necessities."
    - Mark Twain
    “I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.”
    - John Burroughs

• + New Posts
  • Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789