Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 Double
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Winter Yeti
    Suspension
    WB Webbing

Noob buying his first kit! Forgetting anything?

Hello all! And thank you to all those who have helped me.
    I am ready to place my Warbonnet order..almost..
    Gonna buy a hammock and tarp from Warbonnet. Is there anything else I should get while I am at it.
    Don't have the cash for an under quilt right now so that will have to wait.
    Are there any odds and ends I should order? Nifty little things?
    I am currently in China so it would be great if I could order everything at once, and do it in one shot!
    Thanks Again!

Hammock
    eno doublenest
    Tarp
    Noah's Tarp 12
    Insulation
    HG + AHE tqs/uqs
    Suspension
    donated whoopies
    whoopies and tree straps would be wise purchases. If you can;t get them at warbonnet, Arrowhead equipment has them. Paul is a member here.

Hammock
    DIY Warbird
    Tarp
    Guide Gear 12'x12'
    Insulation
    15* down bag & pad
    Suspension
    whoopies
    do you already have guy lines, bungee, and stakes? you'll want 'em to get your WBBB and tarp flying high and tight. perhaps a tensioning device for your tarp RL (tarp flyz are awesome)?

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB DL 1.1 & Lite Owl
    Tarp
    Black MacCat Del.
    Insulation
    Yeti 3,4 & HRQ/HGB
    Suspension
    webbing/whoopie
    Images
    Snakeskins aren't a necessity but its nice to have your tarp up but not deployed sometimes. You can get them at Hennessey hammocks or one of the members here, Mountaingoat, makes mesh one's. Give her a shout/pm.
    I think most folks here probably end up with some kind of ridge line organizer,,MountainGoat makes those as well.

+1 on stakes and lines. I'm using ground hog stakes and "No Tangle line" on one tarp and Utility line from Arrowhead on the other. If your buying a sil tarp you might want to add some shock cord to the lines for tensioning,,,not sure if you can get shock cord in your location.

Some of the Nite ize products i use alot are small figure 9's, knot bones and small S biners.

Good luck
    " The mind creates the abyss, the heart crosses it."

“The measure of your life will not be in what you accumulate, but in what you give away.” ~Wayne Dyer

www.birchsidecustomwoodwork.com

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 SL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    WB and UGQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies or Straps
    Images
    For whoopie slings and webbing I'd suggest Dutch Clips and Elephant Trunks.
    Don't let life get in the way of living.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC 1.1 dbl/ Traveler 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    Toxaway & Bullfrog
    Insulation
    Incubator & Burrow
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    Quote Originally Posted by Snugglesthemonkey View Post
    I am ready to place my Warbonnet order..almost..
    Gonna buy a hammock and tarp from Warbonnet. Is there anything else I should get while I am at it.
    What suspension, hammock, and layers (single dbl) will you be ordering from WB?

Tarp; I'd get some good pegs and a ridgeline/tie out set up or the stuff to make my own.

WB; No UQ will mean a CCF pad, search around here for info on that. Mine lasted about 5 minutes before an UQ was ordered...had to sell my first born but it was worth it.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    WB Cloudburst
    Insulation
    AHE Ridge Creek UQ
    Suspension
    buckles
    Honestly, most of the stuff above is accessories. With the WBBB and the tarp (not sure which model, but I am assuming they are all similar), the only thing you NEED would be stakes (I second the use of the ground hogs!) and some form of tensioning for the tarp. As others have mentioned, some sort of bungee cord on the tarp will work well. What I did on mine was tie a 2' piece of bungee cord to each tarp tieout, tied a simple overhand knot in the loose end, then took a small piece of cordage, and made a prussik knot that I can slide up & down the bungee cord. Its not my idea originally, I saw someone else do it here-but its GREAT for adjusting the tension easily.
    Most of the suggestions here for gear I have-they arent NEEDED, but are nice to have. So, its your money-if you want to get whoopie slings, dutch hooks, etc, go for it (I did), but you wont need them to start hanging as soon as you get your stuff

Might as well get a yeti UQ too. You'll need one of some kind and it is a good one and fits the hammock perfectly.

Hammock
    DIY Camo Cocoon
    Tarp
    Tricked out SWT
    Insulation
    DIY 4 layer IX
    Suspension
    straps & buckles
    Images
    You will not need to replace any of the WBBB suspension (in fact I prefer the straps & buckle suspension that WBBB comes with), changing to whoopies etc... can happen down the road if at all. Really the only thing you need for the WBBB that doesn't come with it are a pair of climbing rated carabiners which you can probably find local, and stakes for the 2 hammock tie-outs.

For the tarp: You will need to hang and stake out your tarp, so stakes, a ridgeline and guy lines are needed. My suggestion: order them together from Whoopieslings.com: http://shop.whoopieslings.com/Single...-Line-TRL1.htm

You can get a single ridgeline for the tarp and self tensioning guy lines all in one place and save on shipping cost. But to be honest you can just buy some line locally and make your own ridgeline and guy lines. They won't be a slick as the WS version but you could buy local and get by.

Otherwise you need a pad for insulation and I recommend the wide evosote pads from Gossamer gear. They wrap up around your shoulders and tend to stay in place pretty well.

Bottom line, hang it up and start playing around with your gear and you'll figure out what you like in time. Happy Hanging!

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 Double
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Winter Yeti
    Suspension
    WB Webbing
    Thank you all! It has arrived! The Warbonnet has arrived! Tomorrow it shall be tested with the most rigorous napping and lounging I can throw at it.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast