Hammock
    ENO Doublenest
    Tarp
    JRB 11x10
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings

Hammock Build!!!

hey everyone. I have decided to go ahead and make a hammock. I already have an eno which i love but i hate the bugnet. So I was thinking of making a hammock with a fixed bugnet that can be my bug season hammock and use the eno for other hangs. This is not a build that I will be doing right away but hopefully within the next month or 2 as i need to earn up some money for the materials (money is tight as a college student as I am sure many of you know).

so before i begin this I am in great need of advice. This will be my first diy hammock. As far as a design goes I was thinking like a blackbird minus the shelf. So basically a gathered end hammock with a footbox. A simple gathered end design I can figure out but I am not too sure how to incorporate the footbox into the blueprint. Anyone have experience in making a hammock like this? And as I said the netting will be fixed with a long zipper for entry/net removal (and by removal I mean just folding it over itself so it's out of the way when I want it to be). I was also wondering things like should the hammock be constructed first and then add the bugnet? or sew on the bugnet while the nylon is still just a flat sheet and then put it all together as one unit?

Also any tips on materials? Is 1.1 nylon better than 1.9? Which type of netting is best for this? No-see-um? And also roughly how much material will I need? I was checking out some prices and nylon seemed to be about $8 per yard and I wouldnt imagine I would need for than 3 yards length worth. am I wrong? any other tips/pointers/experience would be greatly appreciated!

Hammock
    ENO Doublenest
    Tarp
    JRB 11x10
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    just found the thread by TZ. that is basically the exact same hammock I am looking to build. that thread is gonna be a huge help!

• + New Posts