Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    "I see that you have chosen to air your lament on the DIY forum. Just a little reminder of what DIY stands for: Do It Yourself. "

Yes....I'm airing it here because I'm hoping to find someone who's DONE it, and knows what they're doing! You can't bait me; I grind my own flour, build my own houses, and make my own soap, for heaven's sake! but when I'm busy, I'd rather stick to what I either know a little, or WANT to know a little, and I'm not sure sewing is on the list, after all.....especially at the moment, when I'm busy & don't have a sewing machine.

Yes, the KAQ without darts is pretty much what I have in mind; just rectangles, with channels for the shock cord.

Thanks!

Hammock
    DIY Gathered End
    Tarp
    12'x12'
    Insulation
    KAQ New River
    Suspension
    Strps cinch buckle
    Quote Originally Posted by mose View Post
    Yes....I'm airing it here because I'm hoping to find someone who's DONE it, and knows what they're doing!

........ and I'm not sure sewing is on the list, after all.....especially at the moment, when I'm busy & don't have a sewing machine.

Yes, the KAQ without darts is pretty much what I have in mind; just rectangles, with channels for the shock cord.

Thanks!

Mose, I have a little sewing experience, but not a lot and I have never deal with ripstop before.

I live in south King County and work in Snohomish County, so my weeks are pretty well chewed up by the commute. Weekends get jambed up as well. So between those two things, I'm not sure I fit your criteria. You might want to check out a Joannes and see if one of their instructors can recommend someone for you.

thanks, Aven. I'll check that out...

Hammock
    Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Camo
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    mose,

You might check with creativeKayt. I think she lives in the Seattle area. She's done several DIY projects - watch them on YouTube. You might send her a PM and see if she's willing to give you some advise.

thanks very much....I just ordered the KAQ Jarbridge river--for $100, it seemed like the best speedy option. Now I'll just try to sell my materials to someone who wants both a UQ and a topquilt.

Hammock
    Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Camo
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    thanks very much....I just ordered the KAQ Jarbridge river--for $100, it seemed like the best speedy option. Now I'll just try to sell my materials to someone who wants both a UQ and a topquilt.
    Works good. I got mine last week. I like how he has shock cord with cord locks to cinch up the ends. Did you get the 3 season?

Definitely...and I had them make it a tad wider (48") so my pup will be warm too. Looking forward to trying it out next week!

Hammock
    Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Camo
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Definitely...and I had them make it a tad wider (48") so my pup will be warm too. Looking forward to trying it out next week!
    Wow,

I wish I'd had that done! I wanted it wider too, but didn't think he'd do it. It doesn't quite cradle my shoulders at 42" width on the quilt.

I slept out last night and it was 48*. Worked well, except my toes got a little cold in the bag. I have a Therm-a-rest seat coming this week.

I asked just on a lark--I figured the prices required standardization. But he said that though the length was fixed (by virtue of being the width of the insulation), the width could be added onto pretty easily. He was super nice about it. I'm pretty small, but since my dog camps with me, I just figured a bit of extra width would come in handy.

still have those hammock materials!

I'm cleaning out my closets and just landed on them, years later! I'm giving them away, so if you'd like them and can pick them up sometime in the next couple of weeks, let me know!

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast