Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hammock
    Currently Hammockless

Need suggestions on hammock choice

I am looking at the warbonnet blackbird double 1.1 and one of the hennessy's (need help on selection) with the zip. I am 6' and 230lbs so it needs to be able to hold at least that unless they are conservative with their weight limits. what will be my lightest and safest choice? its hard to find out because the HH comes with the fly. I have no problem changing out the suspension to whoopie slings either. Thanks for the help in advance.

Hammock
    HH Expedition,HH Scout ,DIY rigs
    Tarp
    Chinnock Tarps
    Insulation
    Sb & DYI UQ
    I can't speak for the BB, but have been research a double layer also and It is betwen the BB and theHennessy Deep Jungle. I already have several of the Hennessys and am very happy with the product
    "Proud Pound Hawg"
    Republic of Texas H.O.G. (Hennessy Owners Group)

Hammock
    Currently Hammockless
    yea i was looking at the hyperlite, explorer ultralite, deep jungle and woodland evader i just dont know which one would be best for me and the lightest when compared to the BB 1.1

Hammock
    All Hennessy,All Day
    Tarp
    GG12x12,WL OMW
    Insulation
    SuperShelter
    Suspension
    Garda Hitch
    Images
    i also cant say for BB but I enjoy my hennessy. I think the explorer ultralight would be nice for you.
    Dale Gribble: I'm thinking, "new hammock." For me, laying and swaying in a hammock is like a steady morphine drip without the risk of renal failure.

Randy : yea but just remember yer roots and where ya come from....you got Hennessy in yer blood son......

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 DBL
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Sleeping BearTQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Straps and Slings
    Images
    Buddy I hang with just switched to the Blackbird from the Henessey and is very happy he did. He originally didn't think there was going to be much difference but has now changed his mind.
    "We don't stop hiking because we grow old,
    we grow old because we stop hiking."

-- Finis Mitchell,

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images
    285 lbs hanging in a 1.7 dbl BB with no problem. Very comfortable
    I am still 18 but with 52 years of experience !

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 SL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    WB and UGQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies or Straps
    Images
    The Warbonnet Blackbird is a solid choice. There are people that find the HH more comfortable than the BB so it is a personal thing but the BB is extremely popular for a reason. The fly that comes with the HH is a little on the small side IMO. What kind of weather protection do you think you will be needing?
    Don't let life get in the way of living.

Hammock
    Currently Hammockless
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
    The Warbonnet Blackbird is a solid choice. There are people that find the HH more comfortable than the BB so it is a personal thing but the BB is extremely popular for a reason. The fly that comes with the HH is a little on the small side IMO. What kind of weather protection do you think you will be needing?
    In the winter I will probably still take a tent and when I go with my wife or dog the tent will come with us as well. I only expect to take it in the late spring, summer and early fall when its still hot down here in the south east so a small/medium rain fly should suffice. I really wish I knew someone in the Atlanta area with a BB or at least a store that sells them because I would like to try it out first. I have never slept in a hammock, tried many times in my ENO and hated it, so I want the ability to return it if I hate it. Thats why I am leaning towards the HH b/c REI has them and will accept returns no questions asked.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 SL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    WB and UGQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies or Straps
    Images
    The ENO is a little more stretchy than the BB or the HH which make it great for lounging and it can create a bath tub feel but some need a flatter lay for sleeping. In your situation, getting the HH makes sense. You could always get a bigger tarp later if you find you need it as well.
    If you were to get a BB and don't like it, you should be able to sell it pretty here quickly for near what you paid for it.
    Good luck and happy hanging!
    Don't let life get in the way of living.

Hammock
    Currently Hammockless
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
    The ENO is a little more stretchy than the BB or the HH which make it great for lounging and it can create a bath tub feel but some need a flatter lay for sleeping. In your situation, getting the HH makes sense. You could always get a bigger tarp later if you find you need it as well.
    If you were to get a BB and don't like it, you should be able to sell it pretty here quickly for near what you paid for it.
    Good luck and happy hanging!
    As far as the HH go, how conservative are their weight limits? I am an engineer and any time you tell someone an items limit there is always a factor of safety built in so at 235lbs would one of the hyperlites or ultralites be able to withstand my weight? is it the suspension or the fabric that is the limiting factor?

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast