After looking at my schedule, it looks like the weekend after next is going to be the only one I have available for backpacking this month. Here's what I have in mind if I can find at least one person to join me. . . I want to park one car at the south Nebo trail head, and another at the end of Combs Rd, south of the pines. I'm leaning toward starting the hike on the Nebo Ridge trail on Saturday morning, camping at the Hollow (* - more on that in a minute) and ending up at the pines sometime on Sunday. I may stay at the pines on Sunday night since I don't have to work 'till noon on Monday, but I'm not sure yet.

* - It has occurred to me that the spot that everyone has been camping at and calling "the hollow" isn't REALLY in Brown Hollow. So on this trip, I'd like to explore the actual hollow, and possibly camp somewhere other than the usual spot. When I was looking for the spot for the Hoosier Hang, I got a little lost and spent some time in the hollow proper, partly because I thought that was where I needed to look for everyone. On my way through, I saw one spot with lots of flowers growing that was probably an old home sight, and some nice stands of pine. With the rain and the fact that I was waaay behind the rest of the group that stayed in the pines the night before, I was in a bit of a rush and I'd like to spend some more time poking around down there and see what can be seen. Mostly I'd like to find a camp sight that's a little further off the main trail. HomeMadeHiker learned a little something of the perils of hanging too close to the trail last weekend. . . A group of horseback riders came by, and one of the horses left him a present right at the end of his hammock.

Alright, I'll stop rambling on. Let me know what you think, and we'll see what we can work out. Hope to see a few of you out there.