HG Cuben 4S/CamoSF
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WhoopieDutchness
    Really enjoying your vids Blaze, please keep them coming

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BlazeAway View Post
    Originally intended as a comment to the tread “What else do I need???” (in the video I get it confused with the tread “New and lost”), but it ended up touching upon more topics.
    The camera in question is Kodak PlaySport Zx5, which I am returning to day, while anxiously awaiting its replacement.
    And my knee feels ok again.
    Hope you will enjoy the video.

Best,
    Blaze

Hi BlazeAway,
    Nice hike and hanging spot. Enjoyed the video

Is this a new video camera?
    On this video there was a lot of sound sync problems for me.
    Even when I turned off the HD playback feature.

Also picture quality did not seem to be as sharp as your other videos.
    Hope the replacement camera will work better for you.

I'm not a big fan of anything that does not breather under me.
    I agree with your comment on insultex. IMO Insultex is a very poor
    choice of insulating material since it's basically non breathable plastic
    packing material with a fancy name. Yep it's light and cheap but that's about all
    it's got going for it.

thanks again for sharing your trip I always enjoy you videos.
    Last edited by OutandBack; 06-04-2011 at 21:36.

Hammock
    Hennessy ULBA with 2QZQ mod #4
    Tarp
    AHE Toxaway Tarp
    Insulation
    Hammockgear TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    WhoOpie Slings/DCs
    Hey BlazeAway,

Thanks for posting another video. I really enjoy the scenery and the birds chirping in the background.

As for the Playsport camera, I have one and find it works great. If i just take the SD memory card out to play the video from I find the sound and picture are not in sync. I have to convert the video clips in my computer with a program I believe comes with the program. I have not used it a lot so I am unsure exactly how to tell you to do it. I'm away at work offshore for three weeks on Monday. I will try to figure out how to fix the speech / video sync and let you know.
    Take care,
    Bluefin

Bluefin's Videos

Hammock
    Molly Mac Gear
    Images
    Good job, BlazeAway!

If you are getting condensation when using IX, try slacking off the suspension. It sounds like it may be too tight, which puts it in direct contact with you at the lowest point.

Sorry to break your heart with the Ocracoke video! Our little vessel was purchased by a Swede, who refitted here, then took her home via the Azores.
    - MacEntyre
    "We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately." - Ben Franklin
    www.MollyMacGear.com

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    WB tarps
    Insulation
    HG Down, PolarPod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Shewie View Post
    Really enjoying your vids Blaze, please keep them coming

That makes me happy Shewie. I am going out next weekend hopefully with the replacement camera so you should be in for an other treat.

Quote Originally Posted by OutandBack View Post
    Hi BlazeAway,
    Nice hike and hanging spot. Enjoyed the video

Is this a new video camera?
    On this video there was a lot of sound sync problems for me.
    Even when I turned off the HD playback feature.

Also picture quality did not seem to be as sharp as your other videos.
    Hope the replacement camera will work better for you.

I'm not a big fan of anything that does not breather under me.
    I agree with your comment on insultex. IMO Insultex is a very poor
    choice of insulating material since it's basically non breathable plastic
    packing material with a fancy name. Yep it's light and cheap but that's about all
    it's got going for it.

thanks again for sharing your trip I always enjoy you videos.

Thanks OutandBack. Glad you liked it. I am not a pro, but I try to do my best.

The old camera was a Canon IXUS 800 IS which I will be using for still photos. The new is a Kodak PlaySport Zx5. I have just send it back and should have an replacement within days.

As for Insultex it might have its uses, but not as a breathable under/top quilt.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEFIN 774 View Post
    Hey BlazeAway,

Thanks for posting another video. I really enjoy the scenery and the birds chirping in the background.

As for the Playsport camera, I have one and find it works great. If i just take the SD memory card out to play the video from I find the sound and picture are not in sync. I have to convert the video clips in my computer with a program I believe comes with the program. I have not used it a lot so I am unsure exactly how to tell you to do it. I'm away at work offshore for three weeks on Monday. I will try to figure out how to fix the speech / video sync and let you know.

You are welcome BLUEFIN. As long as it is appreciated I will post a video once in a while.

No FIN, the problem is in the camera. One can watch the video on the PlaySport as soon a it is shot and the sync problem was there from the beginning.

Anyway there is a new on its way in the mail and I should have it within days.

Quote Originally Posted by MacEntyre View Post
    Good job, BlazeAway!

If you are getting condensation when using IX, try slacking off the suspension. It sounds like it may be too tight, which puts it in direct contact with you at the lowest point.

Sorry to break your heart with the Ocracoke video! Our little vessel was purchased by a Swede, who refitted here, then took her home via the Azores.

Thanks MacEntyre. I have come to like documenting outings. But some one on the forum have said it can even become an addition. Hope I make it.

Insultex. Try slack off a down under quilt and you end up with cold spots (of cause not if it is very hot). I recon the same principle applies to Insultex.

I thought I could recognise the brand of your ship from a photo and now you say that a Swede bought it. Bet you it was a Hallberg Rassy.

Hammock
    Molly Mac Gear
    Images
    Insultex. Try slack off a down under quilt and you end up with cold spots (of cause not if it is very hot). I recon the same principle applies to Insultex.
    You can vary the tightness of the suspension with down UQs or with IX UQs. We're not talking about much. Just make sure the UQ is not tight against you at the low point. The single layer sock-style IX UQ has no differential cut, so you have to manage the 'gap' at the points of contact with yer backside

I thought I could recognise the brand of your ship from a photo and now you say that a Swede bought it. Bet you it was a Hallberg Rassy.
    Correct! It is a 1976 HR Rasmus, a bulletproof vessel with the original Volvo 75hp deisel, and no 'gingerbread' (yachty trim without function). I added the hard top and the frame on the stern. We were able to make 7.5 knots under power, 9.5 knots under sail, and 12 knots with both. Here's another picture of her with me, Smiling Face, Thing1, IronK and Jennifer aboard. And here is Scuppers the Sailor Dog off watch visiting Jennifer's boat.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    - MacEntyre
    "We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately." - Ben Franklin
    www.MollyMacGear.com

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    WB tarps
    Insulation
    HG Down, PolarPod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    That is a beautiful and able ship. You must have loved it.

As for under quilts, I have acquired one of each so to speak.
    I have a HH SS, a single layer IX UQ, a DD hammock synthetic under quilt, a WB Winter Yeti, a HG Winter Incubator and a Speer PolarPod.

I like the quilts in the opposite order than mentioned.

The two first mentioned, apart from being under quilts also work as vapour barriers.

Attached is a picture of my second ship (Tiki 26) which I build my self, and sail it could.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hammock
    Molly Mac Gear
    Images
    Attached is a picture of my second ship (Tiki 26) which I build my self, and sail it could.
    I always wanted to build a trimaran with a Tiki-like vaka, and long dories as amas, one of which would be detachable.
    - MacEntyre
    www.MollyMacGear.com

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    WB tarps
    Insulation
    HG Down, PolarPod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MacEntyre View Post
    I always wanted to build a trimaran with a Tiki-like vaka, and long dories as amas, one of which would be detachable.
    I have always wanted to build a pacific proa.

I know I started this, but MacEntyre, I think the Moderators want us to stay the course, that is speak about hammocks.

Hammock
    WB Traveler
    Tarp
    WB tarps
    Insulation
    HG Down, PolarPod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    Keep us posted on the camera.

Shug
    Got my replacement Kodak PlaySport Zx5 yesterday. Is has exactly the same problems as the old one. (Got both from Amazon.co.uk)

Contacted Kodak Denmark today. It is a problem with the firmware in the camera. They are sending me a new camera that should work flawlessly.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12