Circadian
    Tarp
    11 footer
    Insulation
    goose down
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    ok..after reading all this..put me down as a "maybe" (if you still have room) and I can get the time off. I dont mind hanging farther in if its too crowded. I wonder if TN and NC have a recipricol arrangement with the fishing licenses in this area? I would be happy to pick up the driving from Asheville if someone wants to carpool.

Hammock
    BIAS WW Dbl 1.1
    Tarp
    HG Cuben w/doors
    Insulation
    UGO 40* Zepplin
    Suspension
    Cinch bugs/straps
    Images
    You guys are killing me wanting to come up there...that little pool with the man made **** has always had those restrictions on fishing as long as I can remember. That was one of the first places I ever took my daughter to trout fish 20 years ago. If I recall correctly, that is some skinny water as you head back up the mountain, so a shortish 4 wt would be what I would use, if not a spinning rod and just slingshot woolybuggers and such. The tenk rigs are probably perfect up there. I have caught a good many trout in Paint Creek over the years, put I think the easily accessible areas are stocked.

I am going to see if I can sweet talk the Diva in letting me do this one. My folks are buried in the Andrew Johnson National Cemetary and it has been a few years since I have been there. Put me down as a "maybe".

Sweeper aka "Hammockdude" (trail name I was given this spring by an AT thruhiker by the name of Delaware Dave)
    Hiking & Hanging is therapy, and much cheaper than medication in the long run. Carry on.

Proud Member of the "Corps of Insanity" Hiking Group, 2000-2015. Semper Gumby!

Hammock
    Many
    Tarp
    Depends
    Insulation
    HG,JRB,Leigh,Speer
    Suspension
    disbelief
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweeper View Post
    You guys are killing me wanting to come up there...that little pool with the man made **** has always had those restrictions on fishing as long as I can remember. That was one of the first places I ever took my daughter to trout fish 20 years ago. If I recall correctly, that is some skinny water as you head back up the mountain, so a shortish 4 wt would be what I would use, if not a spinning rod and just slingshot woolybuggers and such. The tenk rigs are probably perfect up there. I have caught a good many trout in Paint Creek over the years, put I think the easily accessible areas are stocked.

I am going to see if I can sweet talk the Diva in letting me do this one. My folks are buried in the Andrew Johnson National Cemetary and it has been a few years since I have been there. Put me down as a "maybe".

Sweeper aka "Hammockdude" (trail name I was given this spring by an AT thruhiker by the name of Delaware Dave)

If you're fishing above the restricted area, the water does get pretty small, and the canopy gets pretty big. I caught a couple of little rainbows on Sarvis Cove, but I did not get to fight my way through the rhodo to try some of the other pools. Squibb Creek would be pretty much all wild trout, but there are a few pools and the falls to try there. You won't be setting any records up there, but it's also all wild trout as well. The streams up there aren't wide enough to need a reel, so the Tenakaras should be fine. Clarke Creek over on the other end of Sampson will have some as well.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Traveller
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    LeighLo quilts
    Suspension
    Cinch buckles
    Images
    And another update. We now have 3 weeks to go till the Horse Creek hang July 15-17 2011. This is the list as it stands so far:

[b]YES

spamburglar

wisenber

Roche

AcesWild

[b]Maybe

MedicineMan

SteveToTheO

Running Feather

photojag

Hang um high

Crawldaddy

Sweeper

I've put everyone under "maybe" until you let me know I need to put you under "yes". As we get closer I'll need to try and get all of your projected arrival times. Its getting closer every day so grab your spot on the "YES" list now!
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up here"~Jack Nicholson/As Good As It Gets

Hammock
    Many
    Tarp
    Depends
    Insulation
    HG,JRB,Leigh,Speer
    Suspension
    disbelief
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by spamburglar View Post
    And another update. We now have 3 weeks to go till the Horse Creek hang July 15-17 2011. This is the list as it stands so far:

[b]YES

spamburglar

wisenber

Roche

AcesWild

[b]Maybe

MedicineMan

SteveToTheO

Running Feather

photojag

Hang um high

Crawldaddy

Sweeper

I've put everyone under "maybe" until you let me know I need to put you under "yes". As we get closer I'll need to try and get all of your projected arrival times. Its getting closer every day so grab your spot on the "YES" list now!

Go ahead and put me down for wisenber +2. I may have a few more that are not in the forum that may be interested as well.

Go ahead and put me down for yes.. the chances that I can are way better than not but I would only be able to come in Friday and Saturday at best.. hope thats not a problem and theres a tree or two to hang from by then. lol

Hammock
    Traveler with HNO AirShip
    Tarp
    HNO AirShip
    Insulation
    Leiglo 5/50
    Suspension
    Everything Dutch
    Images
    just noticed i'm a maybe, well maybe not, maybe i'm not a maybe.
    I'll be there barring dismemberment/death/etc.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Traveller
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    LeighLo quilts
    Suspension
    Cinch buckles
    Images
    And another update. Less than 3 weeks to go till the Horse Creek hang July 15-17 2011. This is the list as it stands so far:

[b]YES

spamburglar

wisenber +2

Roche

AcesWild

MedicineMan

photojag

[b]Maybe

SteveToTheO

Running Feather

Hang um high

Crawldaddy

Sweeper

I've put everyone under "maybe" until you let me know I need to put you under "yes". As we get closer I'll need to try and get all of your projected arrival times. Its getting closer, so reserve your trees now!!

You can put me in the yes column. thank you

Hammock
    Circadian
    Tarp
    11 footer
    Insulation
    goose down
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    Put me down.. just got vacation approved....cant wait

• + New Posts