Thread: hammock #2

hammock #2

In making a bridge, double layer body to hold a sleeping pad, the plan is to use 1.1 ripstop. Do you simply cut two identical body pieces, lay one over the other and sew it to the webbing as though making a single layer hammock? any advice would be appreciated as this is only my second attempt.

Hammock
    GrizzBridge Ariel
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Winter
    Insulation
    DIY UQ
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by clodbuster View Post
    In making a bridge, double layer body to hold a sleeping pad, the plan is to use 1.1 ripstop. Do you simply cut two identical body pieces, lay one over the other and sew it to the webbing as though making a single layer hammock? any advice would be appreciated as this is only my second attempt.
    A couple of guys have done essentially this, although there is some variation in the width of the underbody. Can't remember who did what, but I think someone has cut them exactly the same, someone else has has the underbody wider by 0.5" to 1".

I'm working on my next version and the under body is 0.5" wider. The inside body is 1.1 DWR and the outside body is 1.1 uncoated. Backwards perhaps but the DWR has a nice feel next to my skin than the uncoated stuff I'm using.

And yes, typically, the two pieces are sewn to webbing just as a single layer.

Grizz

Hammock
    JRB Bear Mtn. Bridge
    Tarp
    BlackCat/JRB 11x10
    Insulation
    Pad(s)/JRB Quilts
    Images
    I added the bottom layer (pad pocket) after I had completed sewing the hammock. The reason for that was I initially didn't plan on having a bottom layer. They are the exact size. Bottom layer is around 1.4oz. uncoated ripstop.
    Slides in perfectly and will accept as much padding as I desire.
    Might consider adding omni-tape/velcro to the edges during sewing for adding a bug-net/top cover, etc.
    "Every day above ground is a good day"

• + New Posts