Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    What size does the Oware fold up to? I was thinking about getting two of them when I get my Clarks, glueing them together, trimming to fit the hammock, then just inserting the whole thing in a sleeping bag liner and sewing to fit so it's tight. Would this be too bulking?

Quote Originally Posted by Rhino-lfl View Post
    What size does the Oware fold up to? I was thinking about getting two of them when I get my Clarks, glueing them together, trimming to fit the hammock, then just inserting the whole thing in a sleeping bag liner and sewing to fit so it's tight. Would this be too bulking?
    Probably...maybe not...it depends on what you're willing to deal with.

Folding the Oware along it's long axis (making it 20" X 60") and then rolling it tight results in a 20" X 6½" roll. Gluing two of them together may lead to doubling+ the roll's diameter...? And then there's the addition of the liner. But the combination should be [I]very[I] insulating.

Some packs bring their own solution. I can fold (not roll) the Oware and insert it into an extra-large Luxury Lite cylinder. Once inside, the pad expands to fit the cylinder and then other gear, e.g., the hammock, fits inside the opened fold of the Oware.

I've casually thought about using two pads but, because of things like above, I've wanted to come up with a convenient, light way of attaching the pads in camp so that I can pack them separately as two more manageable rolls. I've not worked hard on the project as the one pad is taking me as low as I want to go right now...

FB

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123