Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Tarp for Doublenest?

Hi all,

Delurking briefly to ask a question about my newly purchased Doublenest (picked up at the REI sale). Any preference for tarps used with this particular model? Looking particularly hard at the Warbonnet Asym-Diamond but totally open to other options. Love to hear others' experience. TIA for any help.

Darkbunny

Hammock
    All Hennessy,All Day
    Tarp
    GG12x12,WL OMW
    Insulation
    SuperShelter
    Suspension
    Garda Hitch
    Images
    nearly anything would work. id say go with a hex tarp though. you got maccats and the wilderness logics. both have nice hex tarps for under 100. there are alot of other gear makers but those are two nice hex tarps priced great
    Dale Gribble: I'm thinking, "new hammock." For me, laying and swaying in a hammock is like a steady morphine drip without the risk of renal failure.

Randy : yea but just remember yer roots and where ya come from....you got Hennessy in yer blood son......

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 SL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    WB and UGQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies or Straps
    Images
    10 feet is probably the shortest to go in terms of tarp ridgeline length. If weight is an issue for you then go with silnylon (or spinn or cuben if you don't mind spending extra). Diamond configuration is adequate but if you are going to experience higher winds or driving rain, you may want to look at tarps that offer more side coverage.
    From personal experience, Warbonnet, and OES make great tarps. I have read good things about Arrowhead Equipment, Jacks R Better and Wilderness Logistics tarps. Kelty, Chinook or Etowah have less expensive offerings.
    Don't let life get in the way of living.

Hammock
    eno doublenest
    Tarp
    Noah's Tarp 12
    Insulation
    HG + AHE tqs/uqs
    Suspension
    donated whoopies
    I use double nests, and I have the ENO diamond tarp (fast/dry fly - can't remember which) and it works great, packs small too. For winter, I picked up a kelty noahs tarp 12. I am looking to be able to make it into an A Frame with doors for extreme cold. It is so big that pitching it on a diamond can be more difficult if there is a lot of underbrush. It takes up a bunch of space.

Hammock
    ENO dblnest
    Tarp
    Jacks Cat
    Insulation
    3S incubator
    Suspension
    Opie's whoopies
    I am a fan of big tarps: let's you set up a "porch" for a place to hang out and move around a bit on rainy days. I have the JRB Cat and love it. Heavier than some, but very versatile.

Hammock
    ENO Double/HH Ultra Explorer
    Tarp
    OES 4 Season
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 20 UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    I have a 10x14 Cookes Custom Sewing Tarp and love it. Its huge and I can pitch it any way I want. A little heavy for backpacking, but they make all there tarps in 1.1 or 1.9 syl nylon.

Hammock
    ENO 1xSN & 3xDN
    Tarp
    Dryfly, Noah's 9
    Insulation
    2x AHE Jarbridge
    Suspension
    ALL in one WS.
    Images
    I have a dryfly from ENO. Even though they say it is their biggest tarp, it is not that big. Six stake/ tie points. I had mine set up this last Saturday. A bad thunderstorm came through with lightning and torrential rain. I thought my hammock would be soaked when I got back to it. (Hiding indoors from the lightning). The hammock was dry and the ground under it was too. Surprised at that since I had it rigged high for the breeze earlier in the day. Some on here had said that they get wet with it. I did not, even with the wind blowing.
    If you want big coverage, for a porch etc, this is not the tarp for you. If you want a backpack-able tarp with adequate coverage....Consider it.

Price was $79 at Alabama Outdoors

Hammock
    ENO Double Nest
    Tarp
    ENO Profly
    Suspension
    For now slapstraps
    Images
    I have the ENO profly for mine. I have used it in the yard and haven't had any problems yet. I have yet to use it overnight. I am new to all of this still and just haven't had the time to do an overnight. Also it has been too hot here in upstate sc.

Hammock
    WL Lite Owl
    Tarp
    Luke's LB HG hex
    Insulation
    HG TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    SlingRings/Straps
    Images
    My first tarp was an Equinox 10X12 some kind of coated ripstop nylon. It is heavier than silnylon buy still decent for a $44 tarp from campmor.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "He who makes a beast of himself, gets rid of the pain of being a man." Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

Please check out the link below to show your love for hammocks!www.zazzle.com/hammocklife

Hammock
    Clark UL; ENO
    Tarp
    CCS, Hexfly
    Insulation
    KAQ NR, Baby Orca
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling

tarp for ENO

Bunny,
    I have a Hennesy Hextarp that I use with my double nest. So far, coverage seems adequate for normal rains. I like being able to pitch a porch off one side of the hammock and it provides a nice dry area for stowing gear and my trail dog's sleeping pad.
    "I've reached that stage in life where I'm invisible to beautiful women." - Inspector Lewis

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast