Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 24
  1. #11
    sr1355's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Jackson, MI
    Hammock
    DREAM HAMMOCK
    Tarp
    UGQ H11/12 WD11
    Insulation
    UGQ TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies w/ ET's
    Posts
    2,131
    Images
    101
    Hey Carl.... Glad your having a great time... If you have wheels and a little time off don't forget to check out Tetons NP..... MY all time favorite NP....
    Happy Hangin'

    Paul - SR1355
    UGQ Outdoor Equipment
    Makers of High Performance Sleeping Gear and Tarps
    CLICK HERE TO VISIT OUR WEBSITE
    FOLLOW UGQ ON FACEBOOK
    CLICK HERE TO VISIT OUR FACEBOOK GALLERY

  2. #12
    MacEntyre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Jamestown, NC
    Hammock
    Molly Mac Gear
    Posts
    7,620
    Images
    6
    Thing1, IronK, Smiling Face and I spent a week there in 2008... when I return, I will get a back country permit and disappear into Lamar Valley.
    "We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately." - Ben Franklin
    www.MollyMacGear.com

  3. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Woodstock, GA
    Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 DL & Switchback
    Tarp
    Mega Ogee & OES 4S
    Insulation
    Way too many
    Suspension
    WBBB Web Strap
    Posts
    153
    Quote Originally Posted by wetcatcarl View Post
    what part of the park will you be at?
    We will probably be based out of the West Yellowstone area. Not completely sure yet. Coming out to do three things in this order .... fish, take pictures, fish.

    I was looking for a commercial campground where we could hang because the friend that is joining me has never hammock camped before and I am trying to have a few comforts, like hot showers, wi-fi and toilets. I would also like to be able to leave the hammocks up and feel more comfortable doing that in a commercial campground then in the National Forest or Park. But since this is the first time I have camped out there I am just shooting in the dark. Also really want to get a place that I can reserve since we will be coming out on the Thursday before Labor Day and I know it will be a zoo that weekend. Don't want to spend my fishing time looking for a place to hang.

  4. #14
    Member Youngmoose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Peekskill,NY
    Hammock
    HH Explorer Deluxe
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    3 Season Pheonix
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopies
    Posts
    75
    Quote Originally Posted by MacEntyre View Post
    Thing1, IronK, Smiling Face and I spent a week there in 2008... when I return, I will get a back country permit and disappear into Lamar Valley.
    Lamar valley and the cache creek area are by the far the nicest areas in the park in my opinion. Lol i hope you dont dissapear by getting eating by a bear.

  5. #15
    Senior Member wetcatcarl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    saginaw, mi
    Hammock
    Hennesy Expedition, Scout, DIY
    Tarp
    asym
    Posts
    108
    Quote Originally Posted by GrizzlyHackle View Post
    We will probably be based out of the West Yellowstone area. Not completely sure yet. Coming out to do three things in this order .... fish, take pictures, fish.

    I was looking for a commercial campground where we could hang because the friend that is joining me has never hammock camped before and I am trying to have a few comforts, like hot showers, wi-fi and toilets. I would also like to be able to leave the hammocks up and feel more comfortable doing that in a commercial campground then in the National Forest or Park. But since this is the first time I have camped out there I am just shooting in the dark. Also really want to get a place that I can reserve since we will be coming out on the Thursday before Labor Day and I know it will be a zoo that weekend. Don't want to spend my fishing time looking for a place to hang.

    well im down to do some hanging and fishing. im debating on getting a fly rod or a open face. fly fishing just seems so peaceful. im in the canyon area and will be here til the end of september. i can show you around this area. there are some cool spots. be sure to visit the hoodoos and play in some caves.

  6. #16
    Senior Member Flangler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Arlington, VA
    Hammock
    WBBB 1.1DL
    Tarp
    CTF3 Cuben
    Insulation
    Phoenix 3S, GoLite
    Suspension
    Stock
    Posts
    160
    Images
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by GrizzlyHackle View Post
    We will probably be based out of the West Yellowstone area. Not completely sure yet. Coming out to do three things in this order .... fish, take pictures, fish.

    I was looking for a commercial campground where we could hang because the friend that is joining me has never hammock camped before and I am trying to have a few comforts, like hot showers, wi-fi and toilets. I would also like to be able to leave the hammocks up and feel more comfortable doing that in a commercial campground then in the National Forest or Park. But since this is the first time I have camped out there I am just shooting in the dark. Also really want to get a place that I can reserve since we will be coming out on the Thursday before Labor Day and I know it will be a zoo that weekend. Don't want to spend my fishing time looking for a place to hang.
    Fly Fishing Conclave perchance? I'll be in the area then, too, and will hit you guys up. I usually stay over near the NE part of the Park in and around the AB wilderness but have always wanted to get to the Conclave. I'm sure it will be a zoo, and elbows to elbows on the Madison, etc. It will be my first trip out there as a hanger and I can't wait!
    “Simplicity in all things is the secret of the wilderness and one of its most valuable lessons. I think the matter of simplicity goes further than just food, equipment, and unnecessary gadgets; it goes into the matter of thoughts and objectives as well. When in the wilds, we must not carry our problems with us or the joy is lost.” -Sigurd Olson

  7. #17
    Senior Member wetcatcarl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    saginaw, mi
    Hammock
    Hennesy Expedition, Scout, DIY
    Tarp
    asym
    Posts
    108
    i work here through Xanterra. They run the resorts and campgrounds. i may even possibly be able to get someone a deal. If you havent made reservations yet.

  8. #18
    Senior Member Flangler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Arlington, VA
    Hammock
    WBBB 1.1DL
    Tarp
    CTF3 Cuben
    Insulation
    Phoenix 3S, GoLite
    Suspension
    Stock
    Posts
    160
    Images
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by wetcatcarl View Post
    i work here through Xanterra. They run the resorts and campgrounds. i may even possibly be able to get someone a deal. If you havent made reservations yet.
    Thanks wcc; I always manage to luck out with first come first served sites there. Good planning and timing I guess! What would be a huge help would be if you could get a sense of rangers' attitudes and regulations regarding hammocks in established areas and backcountry sites. Perhaps post your findings for us not lucky enough to live in the American Serengeti for an entire summer?

  9. #19
    Senior Member wetcatcarl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    saginaw, mi
    Hammock
    Hennesy Expedition, Scout, DIY
    Tarp
    asym
    Posts
    108
    i can get you a deal on a site too. ha. you would have access to the cool things. ive had my hammock up a few times and no one says anything about it. well they say how cool it is and ask questions. so far i havent been told not to.

  10. #20
    Senior Member Flangler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Arlington, VA
    Hammock
    WBBB 1.1DL
    Tarp
    CTF3 Cuben
    Insulation
    Phoenix 3S, GoLite
    Suspension
    Stock
    Posts
    160
    Images
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by wetcatcarl View Post
    i can get you a deal on a site too. ha. you would have access to the cool things. ive had my hammock up a few times and no one says anything about it. well they say how cool it is and ask questions. so far i havent been told not to.
    Thanks but I find it to be a rare priviledge to pay in full for ALL services when on NP lands. Money well spent, ya know? Sometimes even make it a point to not have exact change when using the honor pay boxes. Can't wait to get out there this year! Will have an extra fly rod or two with me if you'd like to give it a try.

Similar Threads

  1. VIDEO: Part 2 Mr. Bubbles Yellowstone National Park
    By blaktee in forum Trip Reports
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 03-27-2014, 22:39
  2. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-27-2014, 22:37
  3. VIDEO: Part 1 Geyser Basin Yellowstone National Park
    By blaktee in forum Trip Reports
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 03-27-2014, 21:35
  4. Yellowstone National Park
    By wetcatcarl in forum Hangouts, Campouts, and Trip Planning
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-09-2011, 20:29

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •