Hello HF,
I am a noob to hammocking but with the help of this community I have leaned quickly.

My background:
I live in Georgia about 40 miles west of Atlanta. I have been a hiker for 20 years, a flyfisherman for 15 years, and a lover of the outdoors my whole life.

I recently decided to upgrade my equipment as most of it is at least ten years old. As I was researching various equipment and suppliers I came across bushcrafting and thought it would be cool to give it a go. So I bought a cheap hammock and a quality (and inexpensive) tarp. I had a couple of great outtings and fell in love with hammocking.

I have been watching one youtube video after another (the professor, shug, bablefish5) so I could absorb as much info as possible. This is how I found HF.net

I just purchased a wbbb and am waiting impatiently for its arival. Also some whoopie slings from AHE are on there way. I have lightened my pack weight from 38lbs to 23lbs.

I am excited. It is like hiking and camping is new to me again. I look forward to this new venture and to getting to know all of you.

Come see me at my YT channel. rockwalker01.

rockwalker