DIY
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Burrow & Incubator
    Suspension
    cinch / whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by nyhiker50 View Post
    Nice stories, but nothing to match what I've encountered over the years. I can only say that I have encountered many things and you people may send the men in the white coats if I mentioned what I've encountered. I would really say some of them were spooky.
    Yeah, I've got one too that I just get uncomfortable thinking about.

the scariest thing I've seen in the woods is a camp instructor taking a crap, fully naked...[well his shorts were around his knees] And him being 250LBs or so.. well then... There was LOTS TO SEE.

It's one of those things, that is burned into your brain forever and you can only "hope" to forget about it!

That's all I got...

Hammock
    Grand Trunk Double
    Tarp
    Standard Blue
    Insulation
    pad and sleep. bag
    Suspension
    Tree Huggers
    Ok, here goes and I don’t think anyone can match these. As for safety I would not worry. I don’t go looking for these they just happen.

One night I was set up and it seemed kind of ready to storm. It seemed very humid and oppressive. I either fell asleep or was dreaming or was I awake? I know there was a small cemetery below and who knows, maybe she was not from there. I suddenly heard a woman’s voice say “you know it’s raining heavy down in _____. Be careful! I woke up and nothing was happening for about a half hour. Then a heavy thunderstorm rolled in. I was stealth camping and no one else was around.Was I being warned?

Another time in New Jersey I saw what looked like a black and white picture of another backpacker coming at me. I just stood aside and he passed me by and disappeared. Nothing was said. Ghost? Imagination?

I also have camped twice in a place that’s considered the most haunted place in America but nothing happened. I also camped at a shelter but Little Ottie never showed himself so I guess I’m safe there.

I’ve had a lot more encounters over the years and I think these two are more than enough to reveal. I never freaked like most people, I just kept my composure.
    I already have an idea of what the comments will be.

Hammock
    HH
    Suspension
    tree huggers
    Images
    I know this is an old post but Holy moly Spock, what was the name of that town or whatever with the no blood camper you found? I live in Ontario and would be interested in checking it out. I'll be packing a gun and my big hunting knife too though. lb
    LarryBourgeois - Outdoorsy Guy

http://larrybourgeois.blogspot.ca/

Hammock
    DIY 12' GE Tablecloth
    Tarp
    DIY 10x12 Silnylon
    Insulation
    DIY Climashield UQ
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Not an actual camping story, but it was spooky for someone on the AT.

One morning I was turkey hunting in a remote area of the AT in NE Tennessee. It was about 9:00 am and I was standing near the trail off to one side. I heard footsteps behind me and turned around to see an absolutely gorgeous young lady in her early 20's walking towards me. She was 6' tall with braided blonde hair, shorts, a tank top and a backpack and she was looking at the ground as she got closer. When she was about 10 yards from me, I stepped out into the trail and said "Good Morning." She was a little startled at first and then her demeanor jumped to nearly full, frozen panic. I said "Beautiful morning, isn't it?" She barely nodded at me with a forced grin. I was thinking, "What's up with her?" when it hit me. She had a man standing in front of her in the middle of nowhere with a big shotgun wearing a full camouflage head mask! Think Zodiac Killer meets Jethro Bodine! Once I realized that I had scared her, I quickly pulled the mask off of my head and apologized profusely. She let out a big sigh of relief and gave me a real smile. Her hiking companion came up to us about 30 seconds later, and we all laughed.

Hammock
    Grand Trunk Double
    Tarp
    Standard Blue
    Insulation
    pad and sleep. bag
    Suspension
    Tree Huggers
    Quote Originally Posted by larrybourgeois View Post
    I know this is an old post but Holy moly Spock, what was the name of that town or whatever with the no blood camper you found? I live in Ontario and would be interested in checking it out. I'll be packing a gun and my big hunting knife too though. lb
    I know it's been a long time. It was in New Jersey and I will not revel exactly where. I don't think a weapon would work if it really is a paranormal event. Oh, and one time there's a cemetery that had a water spigot near the road as yo pass on the trail. As I was going to it I heard a voice say"the waters off". I should have listened since I tried the faucet, and indeed it was off. I just went into town and got water in a park.

• + New Posts
  • Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910