I was on my way back from an overnighter heading for my brother's house when I saw these guys creeping down the trail in what looked like destruction derby cars. They just kind of stared at me with empty eyes, so I gave them a nod and kept on going, hoping I wouldn't have to deal with any problems from them. They nodded back and kept on driving, but not too long after that I see a bunch of patrol cars from the sheriff's department blow by (well, as fast as you can blow by on a dirt and rock trail). A while later I see a couple of flat-bed tow trucks. I thought it a bit unusual and was curious to know what was going on, but I had to get ready for a meeting and didn't get a chance to go ask the deputies what was going on.

Later on my brother gives me a call and tells me that a ton of police cars came in with tow trucks chasing a bunch of guys in beat up cars and ended up arresting all of them and towed them out of the forest. Now I really wanted to know what was going on and I had intended to get a copy of the police report from their dispatcher (I'm sure it would've been an interesting read), but ended up getting side-tracked so I never found out what had happened.

I'm guessing the cars were stolen, but who would steal a bunch of junkers? Maybe they were getting ready to set up a meth lab? Maybe they were just trying to hide? Who knows. Not quite spooky I guess, but that's the only story I've got that's even close to interesting.