Hammock
    1.1 Dbl WBBB/Traveler
    Tarp
    WB Mamajamba
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    Images

A question for those who made the HH to WBBBB switch

Ok so I just got my HH exp in the mail and set it up and was pretty disappointed...The material feels kinda cheap, there is already spots in the bottom material that look worn and just didnt get that WOW factor I was hoping for.

So here is my question...what were the biggest differences you noticed going from the HH to the BB?

Hammock
    WBBB,WBRR,DIY
    Tarp
    HG WP,WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopies&DutchGear
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Wogs View Post
    Ok so I just got my HH exp in the mail and set it up and was pretty disappointed...The material feels kinda cheap, there is already spots in the bottom material that look worn and just didnt get that WOW factor I was hoping for.

So here is my question...what were the biggest differences you noticed going from the HH to the BB?
    That is a very good question. I am thinking about making the switch as well. I am interested to hear the answers from people who have made the switch.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1dbl,Hennessy Exped
    Tarp
    WB Super fly
    Insulation
    HG tq/uq (soon)
    Suspension
    diy whoopie
    Images
    I'll know in a few days... my WBBB is on its way to me right now.

If you have issues with your Hennessy, you should give them a call or an email. They have excellent customer service.

Hammock
    WBBB DBL 1.7
    Tarp
    OES MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    Warbonnet Yeti
    Suspension
    Stock Cinche
    I made the switch, now you must realize I have a bottom entry style HH explorer, so a big reason I wanted to switch was for a side entry hammock.

The biggest thing I noticed about the Blackbird was the suspension. HH rope and knots are SO annoying.

Second was the shelf, OMG I LOVE that shelf!

Finally, I found I could lay a little flatter, but I never really gave my HH a good test.

I have the 1.7oz DL WBBB and I never looked back, however at the moment of writing this my HH Explorer is on a return route from being given the Mod #4 from 2QZQ and I have whoopie slings all ready for a suspension conversion, so I may find new love for my Hennesy.
    I like metric, I use metric, for those of you who don't ... you should, for those of you who won't ... here.
    0*C - 32*F, 10*C - 50*F, 20*C - 68*F, 30*C - 86*F
    100g - 3.52oz, 500g - 17.63oz, 1kg - 2.2lbs, 16oz - 1lbs
    10cm - 3.9", 1m - 3.28ft, 1km - 0.62mi

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 DBL
    Tarp
    SWT+full ridgeline
    Insulation
    Yeti 3-season
    Suspension
    Webbing
    Images
    It depends on which model of each you are talking about. I had the HH Explorer Deluxe with the 2QZQ mod and Whoopie Slings before I purchased a WBBB 1.7 DL and like them both. Having already fixed the two annoying issues (bottom entry only and the HH suspension knots) I still wanted to see what all the hype was about which is what prompted me to purchase the WBBB.

The double layer of the WBBB gives me more mosquito protection and makes it easier to use a pad. I also find the WBBB gives me a flatter lay than the HH not to mention the storage shelf. The only negative on the WBBBB is when the tie outs are employed, you have to duck under the netting to get in.

Like anything, comfort and satisfaction can't be described with words...it's got to be experiienced. That's why I have, and use, both of the hammocks. Plus it's nice to have a spare for your groundling friends.
    Last edited by bdpalace; 06-08-2011 at 13:37. Reason: forgot to add all the mods to the HH
    Strangers stopping strangers just to shake their hand - Robert Hunter

Hammock
    WBBB, DIY, ENO DN
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Incubator
    Suspension
    3 days “In-school”
    Images
    I will let you know as soon as my Blackbird arrives... I got an HH Expedition last month and took it back after my first trip out. It was only after that, that I found this site. After much research I feel like I made more mistakes than I can blame the hammock for. The craftsmanship was fine on it, but I froze and got shoulder squeeze. Now I know that I probably hung it too tight and should have had a pad or quilt. I will say that the bottom entry wasn't my thing. I got a $20 Byer Traveler light just to test that theory and found it much more comfortable which is why I went ahead and ordered the WBBB. All though you can get the HH with a side zip if you order it from him direct.

Hammock
    All Hennessy,All Day
    Tarp
    GG12x12,WL OMW
    Insulation
    SuperShelter
    Suspension
    Garda Hitch
    Images
    hey if you got a bad hammock then send it back. the quality of material you are speaking of seems like an error. just like any company can have a flawed product once in awhile. and the cheap fabric is weird because the hennessy fabric in the expedition is 70d which is expensive and heavy duty stuff. the BB and HH both are extremely nice products. I also have to ask is this your first hammock? maybe its not right for you
    Dale Gribble: I'm thinking, "new hammock." For me, laying and swaying in a hammock is like a steady morphine drip without the risk of renal failure.

Randy : yea but just remember yer roots and where ya come from....you got Hennessy in yer blood son......

Hammock
    1.1 Dbl WBBB/Traveler
    Tarp
    WB Mamajamba
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by NewtonGT View Post
    hey if you got a bad hammock then send it back. the quality of material you are speaking of seems like an error. just like any company can have a flawed product once in awhile. and the cheap fabric is weird because the hennessy fabric in the expedition is 70d which is expensive and heavy duty stuff. the BB and HH both are extremely nice products. I also have to ask is this your first hammock? maybe its not right for you
    No, I've had a ENO double I've used for awhile. I will say that I lay alot flatter in the hennessy then the eno, but I have wide shoulder and feel squeezed. I like the idea of of the double layer, due to being in the deep south and have monster sized bugs here haha.

Hammock
    All Hennessy,All Day
    Tarp
    GG12x12,WL OMW
    Insulation
    SuperShelter
    Suspension
    Garda Hitch
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Wogs View Post
    No, I've had a ENO double I've used for awhile. I will say that I lay alot flatter in the hennessy then the eno, but I have wide shoulder and feel squeezed. I like the idea of of the double layer, due to being in the deep south and have monster sized bugs here haha.
    I can definently understand you on the double layer. i have the expedition and I dont do alot of summer camping but I have heard they can bite through. oh and I made a mistake. that fabric is 210D. but anyway. Im sure you will enjoy your BB. Hennessy just isnt for everyone. I was just trying to make sure that you didnt have a bad hammock. because it might have a warranty
    Dale Gribble: I'm thinking, "new hammock." For me, laying and swaying in a hammock is like a steady morphine drip without the risk of renal failure.

Randy : yea but just remember yer roots and where ya come from....you got Hennessy in yer blood son......

Hammock
    HH Exped Asym Zip, Eno double nest
    Tarp
    HH Asym
    Insulation
    Jarbridge UQ
    Suspension
    HH, tree huggers
    Ive Got HH expeditions asym zip and there great! good quality and Good material, I dunno I get the wow factor but i have never tried a WBBB either.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast