Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    20* zepplin/DIY TQ
    Suspension
    Straps/Buckles
    Images
    Like other have said above, I raise the foot end. I have used a HHULB since 06 or 07 and had the same problem. Raising the foot end will in turn raise your legs higher thus making a smoother transition where legs meet hammock.
    Yosemite Sam: Are you trying to make me look a fool?
    Bugs: You don't need me to make you look like a fool.
    Yosemite Sam: Yer deerrrnnn right I don't!

Hammock
    Wilderness Logics Night/Lite Owls
    Tarp
    WL-TP/OMW/BF
    Insulation
    WL-TQ/UQ x3
    Suspension
    Dutch-n-Whopies
    Images
    i had the same prob when i was breaking myself in to my BB (1.7dub). my personal fix is to keep a mini biner looped into my srl at the head and foot end. i use a slippery half hitch with the biner clipped in the loop. i now have a place to attach my peak bags etc. and it shortens my srl so that i don't worry so much about how loose or tight i hang my BB. i still try to keep my suspension at 30 ish degrees. it works for lazy ole me.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 double
    Tarp
    Mamajamba/JRB Cat
    Insulation
    summer incubator
    Suspension
    straps
    Images
    I always use my 1/2 pad in conjunction with my UQ. The 1/2 pad also doubles as my camp seat.
    'Most people have a few skelotons in their closet, I have a few tents.' ~ d Allen

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB
    Tarp
    3-season Hex
    Insulation
    2oz OS Yeti
    Suspension
    Adjustable webbing
    I didn't have this problem until I changed suspension systems. When I had the adjustable webbing I always slept fine, no calf pressure. When i changed to whoopies I started getting a numb leg from the footbox.
    Hammocks are God's way of saying....."relax guy".

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by stefprez View Post
    So I've been sleeping in my 1.0 DL for the past week and a half here in Yosemite, and there seems to be a pressure point line created at about calf height due to the footbox. This causes my foot to fall asleep sometimes, and in general is uncomfortable. Maybe it's the way I set it up, maybe its cause I'm a small guy, I don't know. Anyone else have this problem? I've since been sleeping on the other diagonal not using the footbox like shug does. Much better, but still curious as to if it's me or not.
    try this:

lay closer to the head end, your feet should not be all the way into the footbox unless you're extremely tall. so slide closer to the head end, and rig hammock so head end hangs signifigantly lower than foot end (specific amount is your preference). hanging the head end lower (same thing as raising foot end) levels out your torso making it feel alot flatter. you can also try shifting your torso a few inches closer to the shelf than normal.

So I've been sleeping in my 1.0 DL for the past week and a half here in Yosemite, and there seems to be a pressure point line created at about calf height due to the footbox. This causes my foot to fall asleep sometimes, and in general is uncomfortable. Maybe it's the way I set it up, maybe its cause I'm a small guy, I don't know. Anyone else have this problem? I've since been sleeping on the other diagonal not using the footbox like shug does. Much better, but still curious as to if it's me or not.
    I used the DL 1.0 last weekend and didn't have any calf pressure at all. When I used the DL 1.7 I always had it. So far the 1.0 will be the one I use the most.

No matter how high I hang the foot end I always slide down that way. Once I scoot backup to the head end I sleep better. Maybe I need to put some type of stop gate in the hammock to keep me from sliding
    'Classic.' A book which people praise and don't read.” ― Mark Twain

Who cares about showers, gourmet food, using flush toilets. Just keep on walking and being away from it all.

There are times that the only way you can do something is to do it alone.

Hammock
    Dutch Half-Wit NylonD 1.0
    Tarp
    WB Edge
    Insulation
    HG TQ and UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies & Kevlar
    Images
    Thanks for all the replies! I had to move campsites this morning, and haven't set up again yet, so I will make sure to try the higher footend, looser hang for sure. Hopefully that helps!

Hammock
    All Hennessy,All Day
    Tarp
    GG12x12,WL OMW
    Insulation
    SuperShelter
    Suspension
    Garda Hitch
    Images
    Thanks for all the replies! I had to move campsites this morning, and haven't set up again yet, so I will make sure to try the higher footend, looser hang for sure. Hopefully that helps!
    goodluck buddy
    Dale Gribble: I'm thinking, "new hammock." For me, laying and swaying in a hammock is like a steady morphine drip without the risk of renal failure.

Randy : yea but just remember yer roots and where ya come from....you got Hennessy in yer blood son......

Hammock
    WBBB Single 1.7
    Tarp
    BCUSA 10X10
    Insulation
    Kick Ass Quilts
    Suspension
    Adjustable webbing
    I hang mine with a tad more sag and my foot end about 8" higher than my head end... I was able to figure this out hanging in the basement prior to my first trip. I'm just a hair shy of 5'8".

Good luck man... Ski

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 DBL
    Tarp
    Big Mamajamba
    Insulation
    WB, HG + Phoenix
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopies
    Images

what Brandon said...

+1 on Brandon's advice. The first few outings with mine I had the temptation to use all of the foot box. Playing around, I ended up with a config dead on with what he is describing to you . At the end of the day, the experimenting is what got me (and most of us) to the spot that we individually like.

Good luck with your find.
    Warbonnet Blackbird 1.1 Double Layer
    Big Mamajamba Sil
    20D Black Mamba, 40D Burrow, 20D Phoenix
    DIY Whoopies and straps

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast