At a senior's suggestion, (even if he was born later than I was ) this has been moved to the main PIF thread. Find it there.
DO NOT REPLY HERE. GO TO MAIN PIF THREAD
Please: A day or two wait, before folks with my opportunity to visit a real bricks and mortar boating supply store for sample lengths of Amsteel jump in.
Before Amsteel Blue there was Spectra (and Vectran) and other line / rope made of similar fiber with similar strength, but different handling properties.
I took a position in what a rocketeer (I think) thought was 1/8" Spectra, but which weighs per ft the same as 7/64 Amsteel. I doubt it's strength is 1000lb, but would be confident it is more than 500. 8 strand, very spliceable, just as demanding of blades for cutting as Amsteel blue. I may have been risk-taking / foolish to hang from it over concrete; but it is excellent for learning to splice and for ridgelines and whoopies for tarps.
1. 30 ft. of the above Spectra rope
2. 30 ft. of the above Spectra rope
This stuff is light. I will post a 1st class envelope of it anywhere in the world.
1. The item offered above is free and I will pay shipping. (CONUS only)
2. You must also "Pay it Forward" by posting something free (must be worth the cost of shipping).
3. Your "Pay it Forward" offer must come with the same terms as this one.
4. 1st to post they want it gets it. PM your address after taking a PIF.
5. You cannot claim a PIF unless you are a donating member.
6. You cannot claim more than one PIF every 48 hours, no exceptions.
7. You cannot claim another PIF until your posted PIF gets taken. (change it up if it doesn't go fast enough)
8. These rules can't be changed or modified throughout the entire thread.