Identifying Fabric at Wal-Mart

Can anyone tell me how to identify Nylon at Walmart? I was looking around the 1.00 bin, and came across some fabric that felt like nylon (i think) but couldnt tell what the weight was or anything like that. I looked on the tag attatched to the fabric, but couldnt find any info there either. THe only thing it said was that it was 100% Polyester, but i dont know if that applied to the fabric, or just the board that it was on.

Maybe i should go to a store that sells fabric to get a little better help. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks Everyone!!!!

Hammock
    Dual Layer WB Blackbird
    Tarp
    OES Cuben
    Insulation
    SnugFit
    Images
    “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." -Terry Pratchett

Premium Quality, Fresh Roasted Coffee
    www.meancatcoffee.com

Wow, i feel like a jerk, i was rushing around at work, and didnt use the search function. I appologize to everyone.

Hammock
    WBB1.7, HH EXP UL , Claytor Nonet
    Tarp
    MacCat Deluxe
    Insulation
    JRB Nest, RMS
    Suspension
    buckles or whoopie
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Growler View Post
    Wow, i feel like a jerk, i was rushing around at work, and didnt use the search function. I appologize to everyone.
    Im kinda glad you asked, I got to read some great threads (pun in there somehow)

Hammock
    DIY Speer-type
    Tarp
    modded SG 12' x12'
    Insulation
    CCF and DAM
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Images

Walmart can order $1.00/yd. fabric

First time post, but I've been reading & learning from you folks for some time. When at Walmart the other day, I was informed by the lady behind the cutting counter that if I like something in the $1.00 bin , she can order more of it, all she needs is the ID number/bar code off the bolt. It seems to me that it would be useful to post the numbers for identified material here so that others could simply order what they need through their local store, instead of playing catch as catch can every time.

Perhaps I am opening a Pandora's box here, and facilitating someone to horde all the good stuff, but it seems to be worthy of discussion, anyway.

Hammock
    My DIY 10.5'X5' speer style
    Tarp
    PW 10X12 Cathedral
    Insulation
    PW Comforter Quilt
    Suspension
    1"poly webbing
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pedro View Post
    First time post, but I've been reading & learning from you folks for some time. When at Walmart the other day, I was informed by the lady behind the cutting counter that if I like something in the $1.00 bin , she can order more of it, all she needs is the ID number/bar code off the bolt. It seems to me that it would be useful to post the numbers for identified material here so that others could simply order what they need through their local store, instead of playing catch as catch can every time.

Perhaps I am opening a Pandora's box here, and facilitating someone to horde all the good stuff, but it seems to be worthy of discussion, anyway.
    The dollar bin is hit and miss, all the Wal-Marts in Arkansas get their dollar fabric in bulk shipments. The only way that they can reorder by the bolt is if it went on sale to a dollar. I have been talking to Wal-Marts fabric supplier in Bentonville, trying to get them to sell more ripstop, especially Sil, but we are really a specific market, and little old ladies (my wife included), buy more cotton prints for quilts and stuff. If your Wal-Mart can do it, AWESOME, let me know and I will make a trip . I hope that it works for you.

Dwight
    Psalm 19:1-3 "The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork. Day unto day uttereth speech, and night unto night sheweth knowledge. There is no speech nor language, where their voice is not heard."

another mystery

Here's one for the group. $1 bin @Wally pea green ripstop weighs 3.4 oz/yd
    flame: blue base orange tip; sputters when it burns and ends with a white puff of smoke: forms a hard gray-brown ball. Can't breathe through it and it holds water. It makes a crinkley sound when wadded up like paper. Whatsit?

Hammock
    DIY, gathered end , w/ spreader
    Tarp
    JRB Universal
    Insulation
    DAM/ HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by clodbuster View Post
    Here's one for the group. $1 bin @Wally pea green ripstop weighs 3.4 oz/yd
    flame: blue base orange tip; sputters when it burns and ends with a white puff of smoke: forms a hard gray-brown ball. Can't breathe through it and it holds water. It makes a crinkley sound when wadded up like paper. Whatsit?
    i would guess that it's a heavily coated 1.9oz rip stop... but that's just a quick guess.
    I too will something make and joy in it's making

• + New Posts