I decided to put doors on my Big Mamajamba Warbonnet tarp. Here is what I did. My Goal was to make a simple light weight door.
- 1.4 SilNylon - 2.5 Yards (Makes 4 - 2 Each End)
- Button Hooks (8 - 2 Each)
- Shock Cord (From an old tent pole)
- GrosGrain Ribbon
- The distance between Door loops on the BMJ is 60"
- The Measurements assume a 1" hem around the entire door.
- There is a little bit of fudge room to get the 60" just right
Here is the design I came up with. Note, the Sides are 44" @ 90 degree angle. The Diameter is 44". This is key to this design
Step 1: I Laid the fabric out, and measured 44" down each edge and marked it.
Step 2: I folded the edges together at the 44" marks. Like a cone.
Step 3: Measure 44" down the fold and mark it.
Step 4: Measure a straight line between the 44" marks and Cut along the line.
Here is the door laid out.
Step 5: This is the easy part. Add a double 1/2" (1") hem around the door
Step 6: Add mitten hooks to the long corners, and loops for shock cord to the short edges. There is a little bit of fudge room to make the doors tight between the 60" attachment points. Measure before sewing them on.