Tarp
    Super Fly
    Insulation
    Burrow,Yetti,WInc
    Suspension
    webbing/Dutchclips

Sheri and Randy Get Out More?

Maybe something to consider . . .

I recently attended the Grand Opening of the Mast General Store in Columbia SC a few weeks ago and got to listen to the Backpacker presentation with Sheri and Randy Propster. There was a hammock-maker there and Sheri and Randy spoke briefly about using hammocks for backpacking. This got me thinking about using the media to help educate the public and possibly lend a helping hand to persuade law makers into seeing the benefits of using hammocks in ALL state parks.

Then I got to thinking about how the Mt. Rogers Hang this year invited the Grayson Highlands State Park Rangers to join them on Saturday during the event. Why not extend Sheri and Randy an invite to one of our bigger hangs where some of our cottage guys could be present as well as those of us that thoroughly enjoy hammocking for any occasion whether it be backpacking, kayaking, motorcycling, backyard . . . I'd be willing to bet with enough advance notice Sheri and Randy would make the effort to be there. It would make great publicity for our cause and enhance any efforts to help change some state laws.

Just a thought and my $0.0146
    “He doesn't know the meaning of the word fear, but then again he doesn't know the meaning of most words”
    - Bobby Bowden

Hammock
    Clark NX-200
    Tarp
    Clark XL-Fly
    Insulation
    KAQ NR UQ/AHE KAQ
    Suspension
    Strap/cinch buckle
    Muskrat:
    The other day while I was in the car I heard an advertisement on the radio for ENO hammocks..........of course it was a local outfitter pitching the hammocks but they were selling them as a tree friendly, low impact alternative to tents. So it appears that it is happening, slowly but atleast its happening......
    Par Si Vis Pace Para Bellum

Hammock
    WBBB Double 1.7
    Tarp
    Super Fly
    Insulation
    Burrow,Yetti,WInc
    Suspension
    webbing/Dutchclips
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbamaguy View Post
    Muskrat:
    The other day while I was in the car I heard an advertisement on the radio for ENO hammocks..........of course it was a local outfitter pitching the hammocks but they were selling them as a tree friendly, low impact alternative to tents. So it appears that it is happening, slowly but atleast its happening......
    Nice step in the right direction. I just read over the thread where FL state parks have laws against hanging hammocks to trees. Sounds like there have been attempts to enlighten some of the lawmakers there but maybe shedding some educational publicity via through the likes of Backpacker and other outdoor magazines might help to provide some additional support to the benefits of hammocks.

Randy and Sheri seemed to give me the impression that they would love the opportunity to search out new ways, techniques, and gear to enjoy backpacking more. With hammocking evolving, some good publicity from Backpacker could be beneficial, not to mention what it might do help out our cottage guys & gals.
    “He doesn't know the meaning of the word fear, but then again he doesn't know the meaning of most words”
    - Bobby Bowden

Hammock
    MYOG 1.1 Double Layer
    Tarp
    DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    DIY top & U Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    I think this is a great idea! The more people talking about an issue the better. As long as they are open minded about the subject (but not so open minded their brains fall out). It always amazes me when people dismiss something out of ignorance. I am doing my part to spread the word about hammock camping. www.cwhammocks.com is a labor of luv. I just hope the wife doesn't find out I have been spending actual $money$ to keep it going
    Check out my website www.cwhammocks.com or Find me on the YouTubes
    You can even"Like" me on facebook or follow me on Twitter @cwhammocks

"In my world everyone is a pony, and they all eat rainbows, and poop butterflies."

DONATE TO THE GOAT ISLAND FIRE PIT FUND

• + New Posts