Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wbb 1.0 Dl

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    WB Cloudburst
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Brandon, thanks for letting us know about the 1.0 double. I have one and like it, but I never weighed it. I did not realize it was only 1 ounce lighter. I was wondering how using only .1 different fabric would yield so much weight savings.

Hammock
    Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Camo
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by xeren View Post
    AFAIK, the weight and the 1.0 was made internationally. I've got a 1.0 DL and the quality is amazing.
    OK, I'm confused (it's not hard) Were the ones made "internationally" better than the ones that he did here in the USA?

Hammock
    All Hennessy,All Day
    Tarp
    GG12x12,WL OMW
    Insulation
    SuperShelter
    Suspension
    Garda Hitch
    Images
    i emailed justbuisness and told him brandon had some. i guess he didnt wanna say thanks
    Dale Gribble: I'm thinking, "new hammock." For me, laying and swaying in a hammock is like a steady morphine drip without the risk of renal failure.

Randy : yea but just remember yer roots and where ya come from....you got Hennessy in yer blood son......

Hammock
    WBBB,WBRR,DIY
    Tarp
    HG WP,WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Whoopies&DutchGear
    Images
    I emailed Brandon, and now I think I have a 1.0 on the way!

Hammock
    WBB
    Tarp
    Superfly w/doors
    Insulation
    Flamethrower UQ
    Sorry about not PM'ing back, I already have a 1.1 DL, and am trying to reduce some pack weight, and had 3 options,
    1) Cuben Fiber Tarp, sell my maccat, saves aprox 5oz, cost $150 net
    2) Sell my 1.1 DL, by a 1.0 DL, thought it would save 5 oz, and break even on cost
    3) Buy a ULA CDT, saves 17 oz over my osprey exos, cost $140

I was going to go for the hammock since net it was cheapest, but when warbonnet guy said it only saved once ounce, it fell off the reduce weight plan. I've got a 19 oz alite monarch chair that I'm trying to "pay for" by dropping some pack weight. Tried to do the Jerry Chair with the pack and trekking poles, wasn't for me and that monarch chair is awesome

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images
    Were the ones made "internationally" better than the ones that he did here in the USA
    Brandon did a limited run of stuff made overseas. I can not speak for the hammocks but I did buy one of the overseas BMJ tarps and the quality was excellent. Unfortunately Brandon received alot of bad press (un warranted IMO as he disclosed it in advance of selling anything) over his experiment to have some stuff made overseas. I hope he does so again as the prices were excellent and so was the quaility.
    I am still 18 but with 52 years of experience !

Hammock
    Dutchware 11ft
    Tarp
    UGQ Winter Dream
    Insulation
    HG Phoenix 20
    Suspension
    Dutch Cinch Bugs
    Quote Originally Posted by itsjustbusiness999 View Post
    Sorry about not PM'ing back, I already have a 1.1 DL, and am trying to reduce some pack weight, and had 3 options,
    1) Cuben Fiber Tarp, sell my maccat, saves aprox 5oz, cost $150 net
    2) Sell my 1.1 DL, by a 1.0 DL, thought it would save 5 oz, and break even on cost
    3) Buy a ULA CDT, saves 17 oz over my osprey exos, cost $140

I was going to go for the hammock since net it was cheapest, but when warbonnet guy said it only saved once ounce, it fell off the reduce weight plan. I've got a 19 oz alite monarch chair that I'm trying to "pay for" by dropping some pack weight. Tried to do the Jerry Chair with the pack and trekking poles, wasn't for me and that monarch chair is awesome
    While we are on the subject (kind of), what is it you like about the Monarch? I recently switched to an underquilt and was wondering about some kind of camp chair instead of the kind that you insert a thermarest into. Since I don't carry a big sleeping pad anymore, I am looking for alternatives. Thanks.

Hammock
    WBB
    Tarp
    Superfly w/doors
    Insulation
    Flamethrower UQ
    Its super comfy weight is reasonable for what it is, you can really lay back in it, and it sets up well on unstable ground.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12