Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 70
  1. #51
    New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    British Columbia, Canada
    Hammock
    Claytor Jungle Hammock
    Tarp
    DIY Camo Silnylon
    Insulation
    Kelty Bag & Pad
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Posts
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by lostagain View Post
    EXACTLY! This is in fact how most forums are. The first few messages are from the forum moderators and talk about forum rules. Rarely do they have stickies that are informational, or helpful. This is in fact one of the first forums I've been on that has really useful stickies right up front. Having used the search function, I've even seen a couple of stickies in the results.

    Shug, I personally love your videos and follow your channel on YT. Good job on letting newbies here know that the stickies up front aren't just forum rules, but really useful info.
    "Most" forums shouldn't be used as an indicator of how "this" forum should be.

    I've skimmed over easily hundreds of forums in my time and I can safely say that the dozen or so that I ever bother coming back to have stickies that are placed there because they are loaded with relevant content some member(s) of the community have compiled.

    Whooooo Buddy back at you Shug! Random off-topic question: Where do you get your coffee crisps? I wasn't aware they had those delicious Nestle candy bars in US of A.

  2. #52
    all secure in sector 7 Shug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Minnesota
    Hammock
    DIY GreenBeanHammock
    Tarp
    DIY Tarps/HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Frankenquilt/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Posts
    15,646
    Images
    62
    Quote Originally Posted by Craigthor View Post
    So that is what those are for...
    Yessir!

    Quote Originally Posted by Mumbles View Post
    I watched about three hours of Shug seriousness/silliness/suggestions/showandtell. Whooo Buddy! Thanks Shug. You've sure helped this hanging newbie. Ed
    Sick of me I bet)))))

    Quote Originally Posted by lostagain View Post
    EXACTLY! This is in fact how most forums are. The first few messages are from the forum moderators and talk about forum rules. Rarely do they have stickies that are informational, or helpful. This is in fact one of the first forums I've been on that has really useful stickies right up front. Having used the search function, I've even seen a couple of stickies in the results.

    Shug, I personally love your videos and follow your channel on YT. Good job on letting newbies here know that the stickies up front aren't just forum rules, but really useful info.
    There is a trove of intel in the Stickies for sure.

    Quote Originally Posted by Yukon View Post
    I just "stuck" this thread
    Whooooo Buddy!

    Quote Originally Posted by Hashiba View Post
    "Most" forums shouldn't be used as an indicator of how "this" forum should be.

    I've skimmed over easily hundreds of forums in my time and I can safely say that the dozen or so that I ever bother coming back to have stickies that are placed there because they are loaded with relevant content some member(s) of the community have compiled.

    Whooooo Buddy back at you Shug! Random off-topic question: Where do you get your coffee crisps? I wasn't aware they had those delicious Nestle candy bars in US of A.
    I get them when we visit our daughter in Quebec. She is living there and just graduated Ecole de Cirque de Quebec.
    Here she is....https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...ad.php?t=75470
    Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Good in the Backwood Hood.

    Shug's YouTube Videos

  3. #53
    Mumbles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Kingston, WA
    Hammock
    Multicam Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    Multicam Bushcraft
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Buckles and straps
    Posts
    965
    Sick of you, nope. Been telling my girls about your videos. Cool that you hammock your way, share, show and don't mind having some fun. What about that should make me sick?

    Talk of morning constitutionals and hillbilly pot full of tasty gruel that you refer to as looking like vomit? It is all good.

  4. #54
    all secure in sector 7 Shug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Minnesota
    Hammock
    DIY GreenBeanHammock
    Tarp
    DIY Tarps/HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Frankenquilt/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Posts
    15,646
    Images
    62
    Quote Originally Posted by Mumbles View Post
    Sick of you, nope. Been telling my girls about your videos. Cool that you hammock your way, share, show and don't mind having some fun. What about that should make me sick?

    Talk of morning constitutionals and hillbilly pot full of tasty gruel that you refer to as looking like vomit? It is all good.
    I am bowing deeply here))))) Whooooooo Buddy.
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Good in the Backwood Hood.

    Shug's YouTube Videos

  5. #55
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    South Central IN
    Hammock
    WBRR, Lots of DIY
    Tarp
    MacCat; Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx, HG T/UQ, AHE
    Suspension
    Varies
    Posts
    7,962
    Quote Originally Posted by Yukon View Post
    I just "stuck" this thread
    So how are folks that don't notice the stickies going to find this sticky about looking at the stickies?

    Shug...you may need to start a new thread titled "Hint for the New Folks on Here...."Hint for the New Folks on Here....Stickys""
    Last edited by gmcttr; 08-31-2013 at 23:40.

  6. #56
    all secure in sector 7 Shug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Minnesota
    Hammock
    DIY GreenBeanHammock
    Tarp
    DIY Tarps/HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Frankenquilt/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Posts
    15,646
    Images
    62
    Quote Originally Posted by gmcttr View Post
    So how are folks that don't notice the stickies going to find this sticky about looking at the stickies?

    Shug...you may need to start a new thread titled "Hint for the New Folks on Here...."Hint for the New Folks on Here....Stickys"
    A bit of truth there)))))
    I do bump it once in a while.
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Good in the Backwood Hood.

    Shug's YouTube Videos

  7. #57
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    South Central IN
    Hammock
    WBRR, Lots of DIY
    Tarp
    MacCat; Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx, HG T/UQ, AHE
    Suspension
    Varies
    Posts
    7,962
    Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    ...I do bump it once in a while.
    Which I thought was an excellent way (and the only way) to get it read. Keep up your great work, it is much appreciated.

  8. #58
    Chriss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    NW MS
    Hammock
    WBRR/BMBH/WBBB
    Tarp
    DIY 12x10 Sil/WBSF
    Insulation
    HG UQ/TQ - KAQ Jar
    Suspension
    Straps/Amsteel UCR
    Posts
    506
    Images
    1

    Hint for the New Folks on Here...."Stickys"

    You are nothing less than super my friend! Watched several videos last night. You are no doubt the encyclopedia of the hammock world. Thanks for all that you do to contribute. Cheers and happy hanging to all.

  9. #59
    all secure in sector 7 Shug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Minnesota
    Hammock
    DIY GreenBeanHammock
    Tarp
    DIY Tarps/HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Frankenquilt/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Posts
    15,646
    Images
    62
    Quote Originally Posted by gmcttr View Post
    Which I thought was an excellent way (and the only way) to get it read. Keep up your great work, it is much appreciated.
    I do remember when I found what stickies were for.

    Quote Originally Posted by Chriss View Post
    You are nothing less than super my friend! Watched several videos last night. You are no doubt the encyclopedia of the hammock world. Thanks for all that you do to contribute. Cheers and happy hanging to all.
    All just stuff glommed from this sight…I just pass it on visually.
    I thankee.
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Good in the Backwood Hood.

    Shug's YouTube Videos

  10. #60
    Member arbitrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    New England
    Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Zpacks
    Insulation
    Just enough!
    Posts
    62
    Such a great resource, thank you!

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-03-2014, 12:09
  2. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-28-2014, 16:53
  3. SOLD: 4" x 19" Carbon Felt "Windscreens" ~ $11
    By SticksBlog in forum [SOLD/WITHDRAWN] Items no longer available
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 08-12-2012, 20:29
  4. Soft Shackle "Quick release"/"ripcord" problem.
    By callook66 in forum Suspension Systems, Ridgelines, & Bug Nets
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 01-20-2012, 08:20
  5. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-13-2010, 22:48

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •