Hammock
    DIY RS custom
    Tarp
    DIY winter custom
    Insulation
    DIY UQ+TQ &/or bag
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopie+Straps
    a sticky about stickies... something akin to looking up the word "definition" in a dictionary

Dumb question: Is it called a sticky because it always stays on top?

Hammock
    Dream, Sparrow and Raven
    Tarp
    HG Cuban, SuperFly
    Insulation
    HG quilts
    Suspension
    UCR, always change
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sdf View Post
    Dumb question: Is it called a sticky because it always stays on top?
    not a dumb question, but yes, they are "stuck" to the top of the different forums.

however, if you do like I do, I always click the "New posts" and the isn't a new post within a sticky, then you don't really see the stickies.

stickies....
    Call me Junior

Pirating – Corporate Takeover without the paperwork
    "For a couple of bucks, get a weird haircut and waste your life away" Bryan Adams....
    "Hammock hangs are where you go into the woods to meet men you've only known on the internet so you can sit around a campfire to swap sewing tips and recipes." - sargevining on HF

Hammock
    DIY 10.5'
    Tarp
    Zpacks CF w/doors
    Insulation
    Phoenix40/Burrow50
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Well...I'm pretty knew to forums in general. I started all my camping with a tent but after watching a TON of Shug YT's (and a few others from members that I recognize their names here too) I had to try one. Now it's almost all I think about all day. If I got to spend half as much time hang'n from a tree as I think about it I'd probably have moss growing on me. Anyway, I haven't spent much time on here because it just seems so busy. Hard to get back to a topic of interest sometimes and I had never heard of a "Sticky" except yellow pads. I really feel like I'm cheating myself by not going to the stickies ASAP to see what they even are.
    All that said this really seems to be a great place to spend time when I can't hang from a couple trees.

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by OgtheKing View Post
    Well...I'm pretty knew to forums in general. I started all my camping with a tent but after watching a TON of Shug YT's (and a few others from members that I recognize their names here too) I had to try one. Now it's almost all I think about all day. If I got to spend half as much time hang'n from a tree as I think about it I'd probably have moss growing on me. Anyway, I haven't spent much time on here because it just seems so busy. Hard to get back to a topic of interest sometimes and I had never heard of a "Sticky" except yellow pads. I really feel like I'm cheating myself by not going to the stickies ASAP to see what they even are.
    All that said this really seems to be a great place to spend time when I can't hang from a couple trees.
    You can Subscribe to a Thread to keep up with that topic of interest. Just go to Thread Tools on the grey box on the upper right and use the drop down box to subscribe.
    Sticky On)))))))
    Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    DIY 10.5'
    Tarp
    Zpacks CF w/doors
    Insulation
    Phoenix40/Burrow50
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    You can Subscribe to a Thread to keep up with that topic of interest. Just go to Thread Tools on the grey box on the upper right and use the drop down box to subscribe.
    Sticky On)))))))
    Shug
    Thanks Shug, I saw that subscribe but wasn't sure what I would be subscribing to.

Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    Sticky On)))))))
    Shug
    Thanks Shug, I was also looking how to do that.

Hammock
    ENO Double
    Tarp
    ENO Tarp
    Insulation
    DIY Sleeping
    Suspension
    ENO Pro Straps
    I am "Stuck" on this whole concept... Hmmm this could get sticky?

Hammock
    DIY Bananahammock
    Tarp
    Dutch Duo
    Insulation
    DIY / HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Kevlar & UCR
    Shug....I found you on YouTube before I even joined this site. I gotta say you are one crazy dude but I still want to do a hang with you one day just to hear you sing.

Bumpity- bump,bump- It's been 6 mo. since this has had any response, sooooooooooooo. I came across this site when I was doing a search for 'hammock's during the fur trade' or something like that. And to be honest I have become more interested in hanging and the associated arts that most of my time on the pc lately has been HERE!, and I'm lovin it. Never realized there were so many angles to hanging- did you get that? funny huh.- pun intended. Someone earlier said something about late nite coffee and being here- well that's me. Oh and by the way this is probably a good place to thank ALL of YOU who contribute to this site- info in all forms; personal exp., references on this or other sites; videos- especially are helpful to me. Some one can tell me something a dozen times before I catch on but if you show me how it's done- I'll generally get it the first time.
    When I started here I kinda blew around the stickies- until I learned what they were. Now kick myself for not doing them first. Would have saved myself a bunch of time reading through both the active and older posts- answer was in a sticky all along. Don't get me wrong, I like the 'live' discussions but not a big poster- old school- and yet I have learned more here than I knew existed on hanging.
    A cloudburst is headed this way with 50* colder weather- That will make it in the 20's, I know that ain't cold but its the coldest we have had this season so far and because of you all here I'm going to be hanging in it this weekend.
    Keep hanging low so you'll fall less.

• + New Posts
  • Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast