Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    DIY DWR nylon
    Insulation
    DIY pad
    Suspension
    Depends
    I like the setup. Simple, easy to setup, not a lot of different connections. (sometimes I see suspension setups with what looks like 3 or 4 different straps and ropes) You can zigzag stitch a tear in that bugnet. Glad you only hurt yer pride. lol.
    An emergency of my own making...is still an emergency.

Hammock
    HH Explorer
    Tarp
    AHE Hard Rock/OMW
    Insulation
    Leighlo , HH SS
    Suspension
    WB adj web
    Good luck with the hammock. it gets mixed reviews. I tried one and was glad I bought it at rei. I took advantage of there return policy. The micro ropes were awesome the hammock not so much.

Hammock
    Byer mosketo traveler
    Tarp
    Wal-lys 5$ tarp
    Insulation
    Ridgerest pad
    Suspension
    Micro hanging kit
    Quote Originally Posted by weird1 View Post
    Good luck with the hammock. it gets mixed reviews. I tried one and was glad I bought it at rei. I took advantage of there return policy. The micro ropes were awesome the hammock not so much.
    i am new still so i am not shore whether the hammock is good bad or what... i like it.... it is not as Good as a HH or ENO but i am not paying 160$+ for somthing i dont even know if i will like....
    Hang'in Scout

Hammock
    Byer mosketo traveler
    Tarp
    Wal-lys 5$ tarp
    Insulation
    Ridgerest pad
    Suspension
    Micro hanging kit
    Quote Originally Posted by hippofeet View Post
    I like the setup. Simple, easy to setup, not a lot of different connections. (sometimes I see suspension setups with what looks like 3 or 4 different straps and ropes) You can zigzag stitch a tear in that bugnet. Glad you only hurt yer pride. lol.
    yeah.... after the fall i moved the hammock in to a nice little dip so it hung good and it would drain water if it rained (which it did for an hour)
    the micro light kit is awsome and the best part about it with this hammock is that it attaches rght to the hammock , and it realy simple..... the only other bad thing is that the bag is a little small to put every thing back in to but it ok
    Hang'in Scout

Hammock
    TW jungle camo
    Tarp
    Erätoveri
    Insulation
    AMK heatsheets biv
    Suspension
    TW std, & pcord
    Yes, today arrived my moskito-hammock, text slihgty different than there sold one. Price was 28 € + pp.
    I like: my 50 cc scooter, pizza, cola.

Hammock
    Byer mosketo traveler
    Tarp
    Wal-lys 5$ tarp
    Insulation
    Ridgerest pad
    Suspension
    Micro hanging kit
    Quote Originally Posted by Plom View Post
    Yes, today arrived my moskito-hammock, text slihgty different than there sold one. Price was 28 € + pp.
    cool hope u injoy
    Hang'in Scout

I just bought one,

I wonder if I could change out all those little end of the hammock lines for something that goes through the end of the hammock and bundles the end up? Does that make sense? I am horrible at straightening out tangled strings!

I have straps and carabiners. Anyone have thoughts? I will use it in a little over a month!

I am also reading that some use pads (Thermarests??) to stay a bit warmer at night. I will be in an area where the low will be in the upper 60s. Do I go with a Thermarest, or maybe a space blanket?

Thoughts, everyone!

Hammock
    Byer mosketo traveler
    Tarp
    Wal-lys 5$ tarp
    Insulation
    Ridgerest pad
    Suspension
    Micro hanging kit
    Quote Originally Posted by jillmcin View Post
    I wonder if I could change out all those little end of the hammock lines for something that goes through the end of the hammock and bundles the end up? Does that make sense? I am horrible at straightening out tangled strings!

I have straps and carabiners. Anyone have thoughts? I will use it in a little over a month!

I am also reading that some use pads (Thermarests??) to stay a bit warmer at night. I will be in an area where the low will be in the upper 60s. Do I go with a Thermarest, or maybe a space blanket?

Thoughts, everyone!
    DEFENETLY USE INSULATION!!!!!!! i hung in mine in the high 60s and had two flease blankets and was freezing, so maby a sleeping bag but defenaty somthing under u and on top of u....
    Hang'in Scout

Hammock
    TW jungle camo
    Tarp
    Erätoveri
    Insulation
    AMK heatsheets biv
    Suspension
    TW std, & pcord

Poor video

One night hammock camping with Amazonas moskito travel , Millions of mosquitos in the air, rain poncho liner as underquilt inside hammock. The hammock was ok, easy to set up and my Erätoveri as tarp.
    Just enough roomy for me but not too much .
    Hammock has two inner mesh pockets and one outside. It has nice ridgeline for net.

The microrope was disappointment , had to make knots to it to make it secure. Thanks to Hang´inScout for that microrope pic, now mine is also proper way and holds.

http://bambuser.com/channel/Plom/broadcast/1801771
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Plom; 07-08-2011 at 12:07.
    I like: my 50 cc scooter, pizza, cola.

Hammock
    BIAS 11 ft; Grand Trunk Nano 7
    Tarp
    zpacks cuben
    Insulation
    Down bag/cc pad
    Suspension
    whoopies

keep the strings on the ends

Don't cut off the strings on the ends. For those who don't own this hammock, you need to know that each end has about 30 strings attached at the ends that terminate in a loop to which you attach your suspension. THose strings allow the hammock to spread out very nicely. I'm not sure how the weight compares, but if you made a hammock in fabric that was as long as the Moskito including the strings on each end, I bet the fabric would weigh more, and you wouldn't need that extra length. I had a couple of these and cut the strings off one to test using it with whoopies pulled through the gathered ends where the strings would have attached. THis prevented the hammock from spreading out and it was constricting. I now use an unmolested original Moskito and attach whoopies to each loop end of the strings in a larkshead, and then marlin spike hitch to straps. Very comfortable hammock with sturdy bug net. I think it's 15 ounces. My Grand Trunk Nano 7 is less comfortable and in bug season I have to use a bug sock which adds weight and is not as comfortable as the net on the Moskito. Experiment. Unless you're really extra tall and extra wide, I think you'll like the Moskito quite a bit. I do.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast