Hammock
    warbonnet BB 1.1 single layer
    Tarp
    Zpacks cuben fiber
    Insulation
    cottage down
    Suspension
    whoopie, Flyz, CRL
    hi i am a gal hung with two delightful and respectful men, thexuprising and MML as we hiked to the MAHHA in april. i ride bicycles a lot, and have gotten very stealth with just sitting at the side of my car with the door open to do a quick change. hence, i just sit on the edge of my hammock and change one piece of clothing at a time. the tarp provides quite a bit of privacy. and yes - just give the fellers a heads-up if you need a modest moment
    who learns will love and not destroy
    the creature's life, the flower's joy

Hammock
    Hennessey Explorer Ultralight
    Tarp
    Hennessey Hex
    Insulation
    HH Super Shelter
    Suspension
    ring buckle
    Images
    DivaB.. as a guy I think there are two different issues you are looking at here. One is camping with a group of known people (even if some of them are strangers for the time being.) The second is camping with the unknown (remaining unknown.) I think as you look at the responses you have gotten, you have little if any thing to be concerned about if you are out hanging with folks from the forum. We take our craft seriously and we all have been in the same situation. The vast majority of us are either so respectful or so dis-interested that you could probably do a total change in the wide open and no one would notice. To be honest... I can't remember ever being aware of someone changing clothes in camp which shows you how much attention I pay to the situation.

If you are out by yourself in a shared camping area that's a different situation. But even then, I suspect the folks around know the drill. That's not to say that your desire for modesty and privacy is not a good thing. It is only to say that I suspect once you have a few hangs under your belt you will feel much more at ease.
    I may be slow... But I sure am gimpy.

"Bless you child, when you set out to thread a needle don't hold the thread still and fetch the needle up to it; hold the needle still and poke the thread at it; that's the way a woman most always does, but a man always does t'other way."
    Mrs. Loftus to Huck Finn

We Don't Sew... We Make Gear! video series

Important thread injector guidelines especially for Newbies

Bobbin Tension - A Personal Viewpoint

Hammock
    warbonnet BB 1.1 single layer
    Tarp
    Zpacks cuben fiber
    Insulation
    cottage down
    Suspension
    whoopie, Flyz, CRL
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramblinrev View Post
    DivaB.. as a guy I think there are two different issues you are looking at here. One is camping with a group of known people (even if some of them are strangers for the time being.) The second is camping with the unknown (remaining unknown.) I think as you look at the responses you have gotten, you have little if any thing to be concerned about if you are out hanging with folks from the forum. We take our craft seriously and we all have been in the same situation. The vast majority of us are either so respectful or so dis-interested that you could probably do a total change in the wide open and no one would notice. To be honest... I can't remember ever being aware of someone changing clothes in camp which shows you how much attention I pay to the situation.

If you are out by yourself in a shared camping area that's a different situation. But even then, I suspect the folks around know the drill. That's not to say that your desire for modesty and privacy is not a good thing. It is only to say that I suspect once you have a few hangs under your belt you will feel much more at ease.
    well said, Rev!
    who learns will love and not destroy
    the creature's life, the flower's joy

Hammock
    Hennessey Explorer Ultralight
    Tarp
    Hennessey Hex
    Insulation
    HH Super Shelter
    Suspension
    ring buckle
    Images
    As a second thought... I suspect at a group forum hang... if anyone.. male of female.. was disrespectful in that situation they would soon find they had the rest of the group to deal with. That would not be pretty.
    I may be slow... But I sure am gimpy.

"Bless you child, when you set out to thread a needle don't hold the thread still and fetch the needle up to it; hold the needle still and poke the thread at it; that's the way a woman most always does, but a man always does t'other way."
    Mrs. Loftus to Huck Finn

We Don't Sew... We Make Gear! video series

Important thread injector guidelines especially for Newbies

Bobbin Tension - A Personal Viewpoint

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 dbl.
    Tarp
    WBSuperfly w/doors
    Insulation
    JRB TQ & UQ quilts
    Suspension
    Web
    Quote Originally Posted by DivaB View Post
    I'll be keeping my eyes on you...Lol
    I'll be keeping my eyes on you too... atleast until you get this naked thing solved.

Hammock
    DIY Extra Wide & Long Tablecloth
    Tarp
    Funky & GG Tarps
    Insulation
    DIY down UQ
    Suspension
    continuous L. Amst
    Yes, I'm finding out that the people here on this forum/within this community are very respectful, upfront and helpful individuals. I feel very fortunate that I've come across this site and all of you. This thus far has been a very different experience, a good experience and very refreshing compared to other forums. I can't wait to meet some of you!

Hammock
    Switchback/Treklite
    Tarp
    BWDD WinterDream
    Insulation
    IX 5-in-1/WM bag
    Suspension
    Whoopies/TL Stand
    Welcome, DivaB. I like having a larger tarp with the option to totally close off the ends for privacy. If you don't already have a tarp, you may want to think about what color will give you the privacy level you want. I do think about how sheer and lightly colored mine is when I am in my tarp at night and my light is casting shadows, etc. If I get too worried about that, I turn the light out briefly or place it carefully. The guys really have done a good job covering the privacy topic pretty well. It is amazing how if you just wander off and don't make a big deal about things, how little anyone else pays attention to when folks wander off. In the "other information" category, there were some helpful ideas for me in the book, "How to **** in the woods." If you haven't seen a copy, I recommend it. A pee bottle can be very handy at times, too.

Happy trails, Turtlelady

Hammock
    G-Bird II/Bridge
    Tarp
    Ogee tarp
    Insulation
    DIY TQ DIY Down UQ
    Suspension
    whoopies
    Images
    I will say I never saw any flesh at the the last few hangs I was at. Maybe a guy with his shirt off washing up.
    Now on the other hand, AnimalControl from the forums stuck his head into my tarp at an inappropriate moment.

Announce your changing and we won't look.

I shoulda warned him....
    Ambulo tua ambulo.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.0 Dbl
    Tarp
    MLD Cuben
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    If you're not a poncho person, here's a great multi-purpose item: the Rain Wrap from ULA. Keeps your lower extremities dry while hiking, works as a modesty wrap for changing (top, bottom), as a skirt/kilt when doing laundry on a long hike, and as a small wind block when in camp.

http://www.ula-equipment.com/rainwrap.asp

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Being a male....I don't like the females to see me changing....as I am a red-headed pale skinned feller. A lot of white meat covered in orange fluff. Actually with me...most look away in shock and awe.

So.....un-do pants and drop past thighs....sit in hammock...tarp pitched down.....fresh pants and panties in your case pre-set and handy here...pull off pant and panties...humming madly....pull on panties...have boots off....panty up....move to pants...pull rapidly....sigh...be proud, half-way there.
    Shirts off quickly....fresh shirts on hammock for speedy access......shirt on quickly.....hum a lot.....throw M&Ms as distraction.
    then.... stride back all cleanly fresh and ask if anyone missed you.
    Shug
    Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast