Hammock
    ENO doublenest and bugnet
    Tarp
    none yet

Just got my hammock and bugnet!

Well folks. My name is Keith. I'm in Ohio near Cleveland. My life sucks so bad I decided to hang myself. Now before y'all get to dialin them there phones let's just calm down and and continue reading. I had a two bedroom apartment with my woman, Candy. My nickname is Cowboy, forum names everywhere as white_feather. Her nickname is TaurusMoon everywhere. We moved in with a friend who has had several prevoius roomies move out and dog her for the rent. Her house is nice so Candy and I decided to stay with her, save money and run off to California next year where her family lives. After to weeks of staying with our friend we understand why they move out. She's like the Mommy Dearest version of room mates. How do you spell room mate anyway? Is it roomate? Roommate? Who knows. So on...
    I said screw this and pitched a tent in the backyard. Two days later, Candy's brother told us to come out to his place and live. I said I would so long as I can sleep in the backyard. Small four man tent is way too hot with little ventilation. Went and bought a 14X8 tent and it is awesome. For me. Candy says she enjoys tent living. After a month of it she's worn down. I told her to just fly back to California and stay with her parents for a while. Do a bunch of visitin'. I said I'll just hang myself until you get back. You shoulda seen the look on that girls face.
    Okay. So I sat her down and 'splained' it all to her. Now I have a hammock. I'm gonna hang myself for the first time tonight. It's weird. You hang yourself to end depression but You still get up tomorrow morning.
    Last edited by white_feather; 06-19-2011 at 17:37.

Hammock
    Hanging...
    Tarp
    Up...
    Insulation
    Down...
    Suspension
    Tight at 30'
    Images
    Ha ha ha.... Welcome aboard WF, sounds like you'll fit in like a hand in a glove ;-)

A big hearty welcome from Denmark.
    /Bomber.LTD
    Member of the infamous "Hyperborean Hang Gang"
    ]
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."
    -Thomas Edison
    "If there is anything bigger than my ego in here, i want it dragged outside and shot"!!!
    -Zap Brannigan

To much time on your hands? Waste some time here

Hammock
    Tarp
    none yet
    There was no ridgeline in my bugnet. **** now I have to wait until tomorrow to hang myself even though it's raining and I don't have a tarp for the top. My hammock is the doublenest even though I'll be sleeping single in it, I could actually cocoon up in it but it would be too hot. I am gonna work on a few things tomorrow so I can hopefully hang tomorrow night after work for the first full overnighter. I have a rainfly from an old six sided tent I was thinking about using. I can lay it across the ridgeline and stake it out from there. I will be living in a tent all summer and also in the hammock. If the hammock turns out to be comfortable enough then I will just be in that full time and pack the tent away.

Hammock
    Tarp
    none yet
    A bit of history about myself. I've been a loner most of my life. I have a very outgoing personality and I am very easy to get along with but when it comes down to everything I like to just go off on my own and do my own thing. I've never been in a long term relationship until I met Candy. I've been with her for ten years now. I had a girlfriend before her but it was on again off again kind of a thing because I can't be faithful to anyone except myself. With Candy I learned to stay faithful. I have a 23 year old daughter who has given me two wonderful grandkids so far. I have a 14 year old son and an 11 year old daughter. The oldest child is from a one nighter with my best friend. The other two are from on again/off again. After I got out of the Marines I had a mental breakdown. I became very depressed. I have severe anxiety and panic attacks. I became a shut in for over ten years. I eventually got so bad that I moved into a closet and shut the door for six months. I saw no way out. I gathered the courage to get out of there, started living in the house again and eventually left the on again/off again for good. I was still pretty shut in other than working across the street from my new apartment. It had evolved into complete agoraphobia until two years ago this coming December when I tried to end my life. I was put in a hospital for a week. I spent time in therapy but I also spent time alone which was tbe best. I had gotten myself together. I was released and after almost fifteen years total I was able to start traveling again. As of this post I have made many strides. After 42 years of not having a drivers lisence I got it. I never wanted one. It is my dad's dying wish that I get it before he dies. He's still alive but his alzheimers and dementia is starting so I am glad to have gotten that gift to him. I am going to be 44 in October. Life is awesome. I live in a tent full time and I'm not going back.

Hammock
    Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Camo
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Welcome to the forums

Images
    Welcome from Wild, Wonderful West Virginia.

• + New Posts