Hammocks vendor/shipping to the netherlands

For the last few days i've been wandering around these forums looking for some more information about double (or even bigger ) hammocks.
    Due to everybody being enthousiastic about their own brand and the fact there being that many brands i got a little confused..

After reading a couple of reviews and an overload of comments i wanted to see if i could find the Eno doublenest in a shop her in the Netherlands.
    Unfortunatly the only hammocks i could find were big bulky cotton ones, and a small ammount of Ticket to the moon single hammocks (and 1 double available only in a hidious color..).
    so really nothing like a neat small portable package that fitted a double hammock.

If i could have shipped the eno doublenest id have been thrilled, but shipping prices going up to >100$ were a bit too much....

Are there any other hangers in the netherlands that have found a way or a place to get them imported in the netherlands for alot cheaper?
    Or would i be better of by just buying a TTTM double

I've noticed between all the parachute hammocks, eno double, treklight double, tttm etc there is some price difference even tho they do look like the same hammock and more or less have the same weight limit. Or do they really have some differences? like reliability, strength etc

Hopefully someone help me out or point me to the right direction, really can't wait to start hanging

Hammock
    Hanging...
    Tarp
    Up...
    Insulation
    Down...
    Suspension
    Tight at 30'
    Images
    Take a look here

Local vendor, so shipping shouldn't be a issue.

Now i know i'm going to be slapped for this one, but the major differences of all hammocks, is the fabric thickness/weight + size of the hammock. This coupled with a ridgeline(to get a consistent hang every time) determines they "lay" of the hammock. Also thickness of of the "hammockbody"(fabric) determine how much wear and abuse it will tolerate.

The built in features is just icing on the cake(But we do like that icing)
    Last edited by Bomber; 06-20-2011 at 06:58.
    /Bomber.LTD
    Member of the infamous "Hyperborean Hang Gang"
    ]
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work."
    -Thomas Edison
    "If there is anything bigger than my ego in here, i want it dragged outside and shot"!!!
    -Zap Brannigan

To much time on your hands? Waste some time here

Thanks for the quick reply bomber

I havnt heard of the planet hammock hammocks but they look nearly exactly the same as the eno ones (forgive my undereducated look at the different hammock brands ) the reason i leaned a bit more towards the eno hammocks is the fact their site was quite focused on mountaineering and hanging them pretty high with extra easy to install strong straps for hanging the hammock.

Seeing as im kind of a hight junkie and love to climb trees and anyththing climbable (hope thats even a word ) the ability of it being very easy to install and strong enough to make sure I don't break a leg is quite important.. and all that in a simple design hammock.

After browsing the site ii couldnt find any prices or a way of how to buy then unfortunatly, only information about the hammock and all the different colours.

It does seem like this is the only brand you can get in the netherlands in different sizes and colours without having to pay the double price for importing. so many thanks for the link
    Last edited by Monks; 06-20-2011 at 14:54.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1dbl,Hennessy Exped
    Tarp
    WB Super fly
    Insulation
    HG tq/uq (soon)
    Suspension
    diy whoopie
    Images
    I'm viewing the English version of the site. On the menu at the left, there is a "Shop" link. Click that and you'll be able to place an order.

Hammock
    Dream Hammock DangerBird
    Tarp
    HG CF w/doors
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 0'
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Images
    I found that it was not actually the shipping that killed me on import to Netherlands, it's the import duty. I've mostly managed to beat it by either getting someone to bring the stuff or sending it to someone in the US who then forwarded it.

For a WM sleeping bag I managed to get out at half of local prices!
    "Religion is the most malevolent of all mind viruses." - Arthur C. Clarke

Hammock
    Planet Hammock
    Tarp
    Planet Hammock
    Import tax depends on the TARIC code for the products. Cotton hammocks = 12.7% Industrial parachute fabric = about 2.7%

You probably wanted to ditch the VAT and that's 19%

All that fuss, simply buy local as you can't beat that :-)

Quote Originally Posted by logrus View Post
    I found that it was not actually the shipping that killed me on import to Netherlands, it's the import duty. I've mostly managed to beat it by either getting someone to bring the stuff or sending it to someone in the US who then forwarded it.

For a WM sleeping bag I managed to get out at half of local prices!
    WINTEC TRADING (click here)

Statistics show that people with the most birthdays live the longest

@shumway
    Seems to only be able in the american version of the site, can't find it on the dutch part unfortunatly (don't know if matters tho)

@logrus
    That does seem like a load of work :0 i always prefer to shop local but loads of nice equipment (or just the ones i want... ) are only available in the US.. Could mean that the next time i visit the states i'd go with empty bags and return with a bag far over the weight limit for the flight.

Luckily wintec sent me a pm (love the fact the owner is on here, makes it much easier), awnsered him a tad bit late due to work but hopefully i get a pm back soon enough, really cant wait to get hanging (just saw they had kingsize too, have always liked some extra room )

• + New Posts